General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,601 to 1,620 of 1,717

AuthorMessage

RaReRuX

1,601. Posted:

I'm going on a long car ride tomorrow morning, and I plan on getting either Mario Kart 7 or Fire Emblem: Awakening, which do ya'll think is better?
I haven't finished FE: The Sacred Stones yet (which I have on my 3DS), so I'm leaning towards MK, as, from what I've seen, FE:A and FE:TSS seem to have near-identical gameplay.

~

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,602. Posted:

@FadingEuphoria: Mario Kart 7 isn't as good as Wii due to its average difficulty of easy, poor character selection, but if your leaning towards it, then, it has a neat vehicle modification system, online play, good controls and that stuff. I have never played Fire Emblem Awakening, so it would be awkward if I recommend a game I have not played. Wait, I've played the demo. I've heard great things about the game like it's strategic mechanics and great graphics. The gameplay is well made for Awakening too. I'm just gonna recommend Mario Kart 7 now, since I have not played the full version of Fire Emblem Awakening. Plus, I have more knowledge of Mario Kart 7. You may get bored after you finish things, but Mario Kart 7 is very fun, so I recommend it.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

1,603. Posted:

Easily recommend Fire Emblem: Awakening. Probably the best in the series and certainly the most accessible too.

The story is good, characters fantastic and their interactions superb. The main campaign is of a good length and not to mention the many side stories that will come about. The game was released on the 19th of April for Europe and I haven't changed the cartridge since I got it. I played over 100 hours (still not finished) and not once was I bored.

A solid kart racer like MK7 is suitable for a long journey but I think you'll get more consistent enjoyment out of Fire Emblem and you'll certainly be more engrossed into its gameplay. MK7 is better when you have others to play with locally or online which is another reason why Fire Emblem is my recommendation.

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

Twitter: GoonerFC10

AuthorMessage

TheCakeGuy

1,604. Posted:

Fire Emblem awakening is a very good game but it's not the best in the series in terms of the core.

I'd still stick with Sacred Stones as the game that I will point new comers in the series to play.

Awakening is just accessible and characters feel more like individuals. But so far as how tactics are value in Sacred Stones and how the world and Story is consistent. I still place it at the top of the list followed by Awakening.

well yeah for 3ds. ACNL and FE:A are obvious choices for recommendation. Also Proj. X Zone for those who want a ton of fan service

Edited on by TheCakeGuy

http://cakeguy.kinja.com/ -> my own little world
FC: 2380-3247-6908

"Welcome to the world that never was... The Limbo~"

AuthorMessage

Schraffios

1,605. Posted:

I'm having a problem deciding whether to get a Wii U or PS4, It'll be a couple years before i could get the other one. They both have exclusives I want. I also have a gaming PC so third party games don't really matter to me unless they're exclusives. Which should I get? I'm also a big Nintendo fan. I also won't have PSN since i'm under 18 and don't want to lie or make a sub-account. I won't be able to get the other console for quite some time since i plan on buying an Oculus Rift when they release.

Edited on by Schraffios

Schraffios

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,606. Posted:

^PS4

Seriously, by the Time Zelda and all the other worthwhile Wii U games, 1st and 3rd Party, come out, you'll probably rrecovered from your expenses with the PS4. Might as well go for the console that's guaranteed a steady stream of content first.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Jaz007

1,607. Posted:

@Schraffios You will get Zelda with the Wii U, but you will get a bunch of awesome first party support from Sony like you will with Nintendo on PS4. You will also get third party support with the PS4, which you won't be getting with the Wii U. I would have to go with PS4. There will be equally good games on PS4 and more of them aside from Zelda since you really love that.

Currently playing: inFamous: Second Son Gonna I've 100% it. Now just running around and doing the paper trail DLC.
Backlog: Ghost Trick: Phantom Detective, Civilization 5: Gods and Kings, Tactics Ogre: Let Us Cling Together, and Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,608. Posted:

Honestly I would go with the PS4. While the Wii U is nice I am afraid it seems that Nintendo doesn't know what to do with it. Also it seems that a lot of third party companies aren't interested in the Wii U. I am not sure which one has more first party games that you are interested in but it sounds like to me Zelda is the only thing you are interested on the Wii U, and that hasn't even been announced yet. More than likely it will be awhile till Zelda comes out so you will have nothing to lose by waiting to get the Wii U.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,609. Posted:

Go with the Playstation 4. Your going to getting good first party content alongside major third party releases. Nintendo has ind of bungled the Wii U thus far and i'm not so sure this holiday season will help the system recover. Id at least go with the safe bet that still has stuff that interests you than going with the wild card console.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

KingH3nrry

1,610. Posted:

Would you guys recommend the Zelda series to someone who didn't like Skyward Sword (SPOILERS: it's me) and are the other games in the Zelda series like Skyward Sword? Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game I ever played, and I didn't like it too much. The controls were horrific, and I absolutely despised the time trials. I also didn't like how I had to fight Demise several times, one time is enough. So I want to know, are the other games in the series similar? I'm considering getting another Zelda game to give the series another chance, but if the other games are like this one, then I don't even want to bother.

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,611. Posted:

I did not like Skyward Sword, and I enjoyed nearly every other game in the series to some degree. I think those problems, and then some, don't really pop up in older entries in the series. I recommend either A Link to the Past or Ocarina of Time, if you want a better idea of how the series works.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,612. Posted:

Well if you dont like that one than I would suggest sticking with the older Zelda games. Like The Legend of Zelda or better yet A Link to the Past. If you have a 3DS maybe even give Link's Awakening a try.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,613. Posted:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Would you guys recommend the Zelda series to someone who didn't like Skyward Sword (SPOILERS: it's me) and are the other games in the Zelda series like Skyward Sword? Skyward Sword was the first Zelda game I ever played, and I didn't like it too much. The controls were horrific, and I absolutely despised the time trials. I also didn't like how I had to fight Demise several times, one time is enough. So I want to know, are the other games in the series similar? I'm considering getting another Zelda game to give the series another chance, but if the other games are like this one, then I don't even want to bother.

Yes because I totally didn't like Skyward swords for the same reasons while I absolutely love the other Zelda games. If you feel uncomfortable with time trials, don't buy Majora's Mask (though the game is brilliant and one of a kind). If I were you I'd start with Ocarina of Time, it's still one of the best games ever imo. Twilight Princess is great too. The Wind Waker as well but I wouldn't start with that, I'd start with a more "traditional" Zelda (hyrule field + Epona). Twilight Princess is a lot easier than Ocarina of Time and darker, Ocarina of Time is.. meh don't know how to explain, it's just perfect.

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

KingH3nrry

1,614. Posted:

Miss_Dark wrote:

KingH3nrry wrote:

Yes because I totally didn't like Skyward swords for the same reasons while I absolutely love the other Zelda games. If you feel uncomfortable with time trials, don't buy Majora's Mask (though the game is brilliant and one of a kind). If I were you I'd start with Ocarina of Time, it's still one of the best games ever imo. Twilight Princess is great too. The Wind Waker as well but I wouldn't start with that, I'd start with a more "traditional" Zelda (hyrule field + Epona). Twilight Princess is a lot easier than Ocarina of Time and darker, Ocarina of Time is.. meh don't know how to explain, it's just perfect.

I actually did buy Majora's Mask on the Wii VC, but I didn't get very far because as soon as I learned that saves from Wii VC titles couldn't be transferred to Wii U VC titles, I stopped playing. I want to upgrade to all Wii U VC titles. Also, my CCP stopped working. Back to the point, I enjoyed it. The time feature of the game didn't really bother me because I just slowed time and whenever I ran out of time I started over. It's not as constricting as the time trials in Skyward Sword. I HATE being constricted by a time limit.

Edited on by KingH3nrry

Miiverse
Backloggery

Nintendo Network ID: KingH3nrry

AuthorMessage

Blivion

1,615. Posted:

I'm in the market for a new Mario game, the real question is.... 3d land or sticker star?!?!? I usually love the paper Mario games and I really enjoyed Mario galaxy's, so I'm wondering which should I get or should I be going out of my way for a different game ( I already have luigis mansion 2 I love it but I want a good game) as in going out of my way should I not get a mario, recommendations anyone?

One thing that I might like to add I heard 3d land is really short which is bad for me considering the day after I bought skyrim I was lvl 31 had beat the main storyline and had legendary destruction and restoration, and I went to bed at normal time(10:00 for me) so....

Edited on by Blivion

Blivion

AuthorMessage

SuperiorTech

1,616. Posted:

Blivion wrote:

I'm in the market for a new Mario game, the real question is.... 3d land or sticker star?!?!? I usually love the paper Mario games and I really enjoyed Mario galaxy's, so I'm wondering which should I get or should I be going out of my way for a different game ( I already have luigis mansion 2 I love it but I want a good game) as in going out of my way should I not get a mario, recommendations anyone?

One thing that I might like to add I heard 3d land is really short which is bad for me considering the day after I bought skyrim I was lvl 31 had beat the main storyline and had legendary destruction and restoration, and I went to bed at normal time(10:00 for me) so....

How did you feel about Super Paper Mario for the Wii?

SuperiorTech

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

AuthorMessage

Blivion

1,617. Posted:

How did you feel about Super Paper Mario for the Wii?

[/quote]

I thought it was great what I didn't like was the real time battles, that's not the PM I know 😖
And that's probly the only thing I didn't like about it 😏

Edited on by Blivion

Blivion

AuthorMessage

SuperiorTech

1,618. Posted:

@Blivion
Super Mario 3D Land is nothing like Super Mario Galaxy. The difficulty level in 3D Land is pretty low, so you'll more than likely race through that game in no time. Since you liked Super Paper Mario, I'm sure you'll enjoy playing Sticker Star, although it CAN get pretty frustrating at times.

Edited on by SuperiorTech

SuperiorTech

3DS Friend Code: 5241-2195-0688

AuthorMessage

swordx

1,619. Posted:

Schraffios wrote:

I'm having a problem deciding whether to get a Wii U or PS4, It'll be a couple years before i could get the other one. They both have exclusives I want. I also have a gaming PC so third party games don't really matter to me unless they're exclusives. Which should I get? I'm also a big Nintendo fan. I also won't have PSN since i'm under 18 and don't want to lie or make a sub-account. I won't be able to get the other console for quite some time since i plan on buying an Oculus Rift when they release.

Wii U. By the time you have the money, the Wii U will have AMAZING games, such as X, Zelda, Smash Bros., Mario, DK, Fire Emblem X Shin Megami Tensei, Yarn Yoshi, and much much more!

swordx

AuthorMessage

Schraffios

1,620. Posted:

KingH3nrry wrote:

What did you not like about Skyward Sword? I've loved all the zelda games. I even like Zelda 2. I suggest Ocarina of Time but my favorite is Majora's Mask. I suggest Ocarina of Time before Majora's Mask.

Schraffios