General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,581 to 1,600 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,581. Posted:

supered91 wrote:

in 2014 i plan on getting a wii u and 2 games with it but for now i want to know if i should get the 3ds version of ssb4 or wii u version of ssb4

If I were you, I wouldn't decide on that until we know more about those games. They could have exclusive features depending on the system, one of the versions could be gimped, or they could be exactly the same. We just don't know yet.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

human_unicorn

1,582. Posted:

I am a new gamer and I need help on what to get next. I currently have a Nintendo Wii and a Nintendo GameCube with the following games. Wii: Animal Crossing City Folk, Warioware Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, and Skyward Sword. And for the GameCube: Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Ice Age 2 The Meltdown, and the Legend of Zelda Windwaker. Please help me decide what to get next.

human_unicorn

AuthorMessage

ueI

1,583. Posted:

Last week I discovered a comic based on the original Phantasy Star. I recommend it to anyone who has fond memories of the game.
http://www.drunkduck.com/Phantasy_Star_Replay/

Droggeljug

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,584. Posted:

human_unicorn wrote:

I am a new gamer and I need help on what to get next. I currently have a Nintendo Wii and a Nintendo GameCube with the following games. Wii: Animal Crossing City Folk, Warioware Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, and Skyward Sword. And for the GameCube: Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Ice Age 2 The Meltdown, and the Legend of Zelda Windwaker. Please help me decide what to get next.

Rayman Origins, one of the best platformers on the Wii for sure and you can get it for dirt cheap. Some people think it was a little difficult though, but IMO, a newbie should have no problem just beating it. Personally, I had no problem 100%'ing it (Barring maybe two time trials).

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,585. Posted:

Yeah, Rayman Origin is quite difficult, yet I never found it frustrating. Checkpoints were generous and unlimited, IIRC, so you have plenty of opportunity to keep trying until you succeed.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,586. Posted:

So I'm planning to get one of the GBC Zelda games while discounted and wondering which one I should get. What are the differences between the two and which is better?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,587. Posted:

Holy crud has anyone played Adult Swim's Puzzler Platformer? How has nobody thought of that before!? It's awesome!! This game seriously has to be on consoles!! :(

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Shicky5000

1,588. Posted:

ShinRPGGamer wrote:

So I'm planning to get one of the GBC Zelda games while discounted and wondering which one I should get. What are the differences between the two and which is better?

I would suggest Oracle of Seasons. I bought both at the same time, and I gotta say controlling seasons had a lot more of a lasting appeal on me. I thought I'd like going back and forth in time more, but...well, let's just say it's no Majora's Mask.

PSN: husker5000 3DS Friend Code: 4897 - 6370 - 7306 Wii Number: 6232 - 8419 - 5732 - 1560 Youtube Channel: Shicky5000

AuthorMessage

Miss_Dark

1,589. Posted:

human_unicorn wrote:

Gamecube:

• the legend of zelda twilight princess (also available on wii but I prefer the classic controller)
  • timesplitters 2 (best shooter on gamecube imo, it's hilarious, smooth, fast hell you get to shoot monkeys and ducks!)
  • timesplitters 3 (too fast paced in my opinion but still hilarious and more options)
  • skies of arcadia legends (fantastic turn-based rpg, spectacular twists in the storyline, a bit lengthy though but I didn't mind at all)

Wii:

• mario kart (best game on wii imo)
  • super smash bros brawl (second best game on wii)

"Il y a un adage qui dit qu'on fait du mal à ceux qu'on aime, mais il oublie de dire qu'on aime ceux qui nous font du mal."

Wii U name: Miss_Dark feel free to add me (but let me know who you are @ NL)
DS code: 1177 8262 3599 Please add me! ^^ (and let me know your code so I can add you too!)

AuthorMessage

TruthBeTold

1,590. Posted:

I'm torn! Should I get Animal Crossing, NSLU DLC, or play through the Classic Mega Man games first?

My Backloggery!
NNID: Punch
3DS FC: 2836-0160-7264

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,591. Posted:

@TruthBeTold: What kind of games do you think are most entertaining and interesting to you?

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

TruthBeTold

1,592. Posted:

Well, I know I love NSMB and MM, never really got into AC. I know I'll probably play them all eventually, so it's just a question of which one first.

My Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,593. Posted:

I haven't played Animal Crossing either, if may be a great start. I've heard great things about that game. Maybe wait on a price drop for Crossing and try NSLU, I've heard great things about it too.

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

TruthBeTold

1,594. Posted:

My Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,595. Posted:

Glad to help, your welcome! ;)

AuthorMessage

human_unicorn

1,596. Posted:

Thank you so much @Miss_Dark

human_unicorn

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

1,597. Posted:

Looks like we're getting a PS3 soon.

I'll admit I haven't been following this throughout much of the console's life but have certainly been hearing good stuff about it's exclusives and the PS+ service.

I need some recommendations apart from MGS4, Ni No Kuni & Pirate Warriors. Feeling in the mood for some good RPG's, perhaps you guys could point me towards some?

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC

AuthorMessage

8BitSamurai

1,598. Posted:

@Hunter-D
Note: This is a North American-compiled list
These are all exclusive (unless otherwise noted), vary in appropriate age audiences, and I'm probably gonna miss some, but...

• Resonance of Fate is a good RPG, but very weak on characters and story (Not exclusive, on 360 as well)
  • Tales of Graces F is another one, but (now, I'm only 10 hours in mind you), the characters and story don't seem to be very good either.
  • I've been told Valkyria (More of a strategy game with RPG in it), is good, but I haven't played it yet.
  • Also, I've heard mostly positive on the Atelier PS3 games, but I don't know much about them, sorry. :(
  • Another option is Star Ocean: The Last Hope, I haven't played it personally, but alot of people bash it though.
  • Tales of Xillia isn't out yet, but looks very good
  • Disgaea 3, an excellent SRPG (Enhanced port on Vita)
  • Disgaea 4, another SRPG, but I've not played it, just heard good things
  • More Nippon Ichi games are coming out somewhat soon I believe, not sure on the details
  • Demon's Souls (very difficult action RPG-like game)
  • Ar tonelico Qoga: Knell of Ar Ciel (By the same dev's as Atelier)

My non-RPG PS3 recommendations:
What I've played

• Infamous (Open worlds sandbox game)
  • 3D Dot Game Heroes (Retro parody, hillarious, plays like 2D Zelda)
  • Grand Turismo 5 (Great car sim, IMO, some people didn't think it was all that though)
  • Uncharted (3rd person shooter)
  • Ratchet and Clank: A Crack in Time (Hillarious platformer, Full Frontal Assault and All 4 One are spin-offs though)
  • Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale (Like Smash Bros. but with Playstation characters, not quite Smash but very enjoyable)
  • LittleBigPlanet 1 & 2(Extremely creative platformers, focus on user generated content)
  • Jak and Daxter Collection (PS2 ports, but very high-quality nonetheless, and an extreme steal for the asking price (Less than $20), just ports though, so you definitely don't need it if you have them on PS3)

What I haven't played, but have heard is good

• Infamous 2
  • Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
  • Uncharted 2 and 3
  • Sly Cooper (Stealth/platformer hybrid)
  • LittleBigPlanet Karting (LittleBigPlanet meets Mario Kart)
  • God of War (3D beat 'em up I believe, I haven't played the series)
  • Killzone 1 and 2 (First person-shooters)
  • Resistance Series (See above)
  • Ico and Shadow of the Colossus (See Jak and Daxter Collection)
  • Journey (Highly artistic, moving game)
  • MotorStorm series (Racing series)
  • Katamari Forever (Very unique, you'd have to look up videos)
  • Yakuza series (Not sure, but I'm pretty sure it plays like Japanese GTA)

Didn't add multi-plats, but I'm sure the list would double or triple.
Anybody can feel free to add something or make corrections, thanks!

Edited on by 8BitSamurai

Currently retired indefinitely
Official "rare download" Assistant
Best YT show here!
Beat: Final Fight, Spec Ops TL, King of Dragons
Favorite games: Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy VII, Symphony of the Night, Dragon Quest VIII, Tales of the Abyss

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai | Twitter: PrinnySamurai

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,599. Posted:

@Hunter-D I'm playing Tales of Graces f, and it's really good. You might want to keep an eye out for Tales of Xillia, though, which comes out this August, and is supposed to be the best in the series. Also, grab Demon's Souls while it's free. Or buy Dark Souls, since that's great, too, and easier to get into. Oh, and Valkyria Chonicles is a fantastic and unique SRPG.

I've heard good things about Nier. It's kinda love-or-meh, though. I thought it was meh, since it's gameplay was highly inconstistant, a lot like FFVI where they through in completely different gameplay styles every 5 minutes. I can't stand that, I was constantly learning something new, only to have what I learned become irrelevent for a lot of the game. Then there's, Star Ocean: The Last Hope - International Edition and Ar Tonelico Qoga, which a good if you can overlook absolutely terrible storytelling for great gameplay mechanics.

I'd also recommend Final Fantasy XIII and XIII-2 to some degree. FFXIII has a pretty good story, despite the press-x-to-win gameplay that lasts until the enormous difficulty spike around chapter 11 of 13. The characters especially are interesting to watch evolve - I found myself liking them more as the game went on instead of less (looking at you, FFX). But FFXIII-2 fixed all the gameplay-problems of FFXIII and was an absolute joy to play. Every facet of the gameplay was solid, with a lot of unique touches here and there. Sadly, its story was a complete mess as a consequence. In fact, if you just want good gameplay, I'd suggest just skipping the first one and going straight to the sequel. It'll save you some disappointment, and you'll be just as confused regardless (Plus, there's a summary of the first game in the main menu. Not sure how helpful it is, though).

And the rest are really niche otaku RPGs like Atelier and Disgaea that I really suggest researching heavily before deciding whether or not you want to play them. I've played a bunch, and the only one I personally enjoyed was Disgaea 4. The rest had stories that felt like cheap anime and gameplay that was too convoluted for me to get into, especially anything made by Compile Hearts and Idea Factory.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Hunter-D

1,600. Posted:

Thank you both very much. I've noted down the recommendations and I'm currently researching some other games.

Also thanks for the non-RPG recs too!

http://www.backloggery.com/dem0

3DS Friend Code: 0903-2725-1475 | Nintendo Network ID: Dem0.U | Twitter: MohamedAliAFC