Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,991

SammyOfMobius

'Kay, so I got $9.68 left (after buying Super Metroid for $.30) left on Wii U e-Shop and I'm wondering what game to get with my remaining money: Super Mario World or Kirby Super Star. I already have Super Mario World on other systems, but I just think it'd be cool to own it on Wii U. I had Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS, but I lost it. I like both games. Super Mario World is better, but I don't own Kirby Super Star anymore. Should I buy Super Mario World because I know it is better than Kirby Super Star or should I just buy Kirby Super Star since I don't own it anymore? Please help!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

SammyOfMobius

Ark_Sin wrote:

I'm torn between Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns and LEGO City Undercover: the Chase Begins. Which should I get?

And yes, I already own a lot of the other good games, so don't recommend me to get something else.

Probably Lego City. I find Harvest Moon to be boring. If you like Harvest Moon a lot, then you probably shouldn't listen to my advice. But honestly, neither of those games are that great. I would go for something like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, or wait for something good like Animal Crossing: New Leaf. But again, that's just what I would do.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

CanisWolfred

Kirby Super Star. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. You no longer have access to that game, so why wouldn't you rebuy it at a much cheaper price than you probably paid for the Ultra version?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SammyOfMobius

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kirby Super Star. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. You no longer have access to that game, so why wouldn't you rebuy it at a much cheaper price than you probably paid for the Ultra version?

True.

FireMario887

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is a pretty good racing game. Intuitive controls, great graphics, and a lot of fun add to the game's success. I would recommend it.

FireMario887

Magikarp3

Varia01 wrote:

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is a pretty good racing game. Intuitive controls, great graphics, and a lot of fun add to the game's success. I would recommend it.

This, except don't get it on 3DS. Any HD console version or PC is a fine choice though, especially if you're a SEGA buff. There are so many continuity nods that it's possible to get completely lost in the game's nostalgia.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

supered91

in 2014 i plan on getting a wii u and 2 games with it but for now i want to know if i should get the 3ds version of ssb4 or wii u version of ssb4

supered91

CanisWolfred

supered91 wrote:

in 2014 i plan on getting a wii u and 2 games with it but for now i want to know if i should get the 3ds version of ssb4 or wii u version of ssb4

If I were you, I wouldn't decide on that until we know more about those games. They could have exclusive features depending on the system, one of the versions could be gimped, or they could be exactly the same. We just don't know yet.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

human_unicorn

I am a new gamer and I need help on what to get next. I currently have a Nintendo Wii and a Nintendo GameCube with the following games. Wii: Animal Crossing City Folk, Warioware Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, and Skyward Sword. And for the GameCube: Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Ice Age 2 The Meltdown, and the Legend of Zelda Windwaker. Please help me decide what to get next.

human_unicorn

8BitSamurai

human_unicorn wrote:

I am a new gamer and I need help on what to get next. I currently have a Nintendo Wii and a Nintendo GameCube with the following games. Wii: Animal Crossing City Folk, Warioware Smooth Moves, Super Mario Galaxy, and Skyward Sword. And for the GameCube: Luigi's Mansion, Pikmin 2, Super Mario Sunshine, Ice Age 2 The Meltdown, and the Legend of Zelda Windwaker. Please help me decide what to get next.

Rayman Origins, one of the best platformers on the Wii for sure and you can get it for dirt cheap. Some people think it was a little difficult though, but IMO, a newbie should have no problem just beating it. Personally, I had no problem 100%'ing it (Barring maybe two time trials).

"rare download" Assistant

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6175-1689 | Nintendo Network ID: 8BitSamurai

CanisWolfred

Yeah, Rayman Origin is quite difficult, yet I never found it frustrating. Checkpoints were generous and unlimited, IIRC, so you have plenty of opportunity to keep trying until you succeed.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ShinRPGGamer

So I'm planning to get one of the GBC Zelda games while discounted and wondering which one I should get. What are the differences between the two and which is better?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Shicky5000

ShinRPGGamer wrote:

So I'm planning to get one of the GBC Zelda games while discounted and wondering which one I should get. What are the differences between the two and which is better?

I would suggest Oracle of Seasons. I bought both at the same time, and I gotta say controlling seasons had a lot more of a lasting appeal on me. I thought I'd like going back and forth in time more, but...well, let's just say it's no Majora's Mask.

PSN: husker5000 3DS Friend Code: 4897 - 6370 - 7306 Wii Number: 6232 - 8419 - 5732 - 1560 Youtube Channel: Shicky5000

TruthBeTold

I'm torn! Should I get Animal Crossing, NSLU DLC, or play through the Classic Mega Man games first?

My Backloggery!
NNID: Punch
3DS FC: 2836-0160-7264

TruthBeTold

Well, I know I love NSMB and MM, never really got into AC. I know I'll probably play them all eventually, so it's just a question of which one first.

My Backloggery!
NNID: Punch
3DS FC: 2836-0160-7264

FireMario887

I haven't played Animal Crossing either, if may be a great start. I've heard great things about that game. Maybe wait on a price drop for Crossing and try NSLU, I've heard great things about it too.

FireMario887

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic