General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,561 to 1,580 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,561. Posted:

I couldn't find it, so I had to make a third Gmail account, which makes my total number of emails up to at least 6...anyways, the blog's under construction, though it might be a while before it's all set up. Thank you very much for your help, Magikarp!

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,562. Posted:

Does anyone know if on average Play N Trade has better trade in value than GameStop?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,563. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Does anyone know if on average Play N Trade has better trade in value than GameStop?

When I went there, the trade in value was about equal to Gamestop. That was a long time ago, though...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,564. Posted:

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for $60. Is it really worth it? It's only going to get more expensive as it gets older.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,565. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for $60. Is it really worth it? It's only going to get more expensive as it gets older.

It depends: Is the second most reknowned Fire Emblem ever going to be worth that much money to you? Personally, I find that, since the 3DS game has surpassed it in popularity, and is cheaper, I can't help but consider it a bad buy. I'd rather wait and see if Nintendo will rerelease or remake it, along with its sequel, than having to spend that much money on an old game that isn't Lunar or Tales. I must say, the amount of content in the 3DS game will certainly make that wait easier.

But, of course, if you think "the best US-released Fire Emblem before the 3DS game came around" sounds like a big deal to you, then it might be worth your money. It's definitely an obviously quality game from what I have played, if you're into Fire Emblem, but I should warn that I haven't played much of it, and probably never will.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,566. Posted:

Well, to be honest, it's around the price you'd normally pay for a new game on the PS3 or Xbox360, and i'd assume it would be worth it since I've heard a lot of praise for it. Also, the 3DS version is great, and probably objectively the best in the series so far (only played Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones prior to it but still), but I don't mind more Fire Emblem in my life. Still not sure though. I guess it depends on how much money I decide to spend for the summer. :P

Also other games I was thinking about getting...
Rival Schools. It looks fun and those graphics are pretty good for PSOne.
Custom Robo. I like customization and mechs so this looks right up my ally. Anyone play it before?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,567. Posted:

Rival Schools is good fun. If you can find it for a good price, I definitely recommend picking it up.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,568. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rival Schools is good fun. If you can find it for a good price, I definitely recommend picking it up.

I'm trying to find a seller with the case and both discs. What do you think would be the ideal price for it? Around $30 to $40?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,569. Posted:

I'm trying to decide which of the following to download off of the eShop next: 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (on sale, and it's one of my favorite games ever), Art of Balance TOUCH! (also on sale, and I quite enjoyed the demo) or Mario Golf (GBC) (not a big golf fan, but I loved Camelot's GBC/GBA Mario Tennis games).

EDIT: I decided to go with Art of Balance.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,570. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

I'm trying to find a seller with the case and both discs. What do you think would be the ideal price for it? Around $30 to $40?

It might be difficult, but personally I'd shoot for $30 or below...or just wait for a rerelease (it was released on the JP PSN as a PSOne Classic this time last year). Unless time is of the essence for some reason, I'd personally wait on it. It's not really worth overspending. It's good, but not $50 good like I see some people charge. I'm pretty sure I got it for $25 2 years ago...

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,571. Posted:

Eh, waiting on Capcom to get it on the PS Store as a PSOne classic will probably take forever. :P

However, I did find a good seller on eBay selling it for just $30. Seems pretty reasonable. I think I'll go for it.

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,572. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Eh, waiting on Capcom to get it on the PS Store as a PSOne classic will probably take forever. :P

However, I did find a good seller on eBay selling it for just $30. Seems pretty reasonable. I think I'll go for it.

Good luck!

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

1,573. Posted:

I'm torn between Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns and LEGO City Undercover: the Chase Begins. Which should I get?

And yes, I already own a lot of the other good games, so don't recommend me to get something else. :P

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

1,574. Posted:

'Kay, so I got $9.68 left (after buying Super Metroid for $.30) left on Wii U e-Shop and I'm wondering what game to get with my remaining money: Super Mario World or Kirby Super Star. I already have Super Mario World on other systems, but I just think it'd be cool to own it on Wii U. I had Kirby Super Star Ultra for DS, but I lost it. I like both games. Super Mario World is better, but I don't own Kirby Super Star anymore. Should I buy Super Mario World because I know it is better than Kirby Super Star or should I just buy Kirby Super Star since I don't own it anymore? Please help!

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

1,575. Posted:

Ark_Sin wrote:

I'm torn between Harvest Moon: A Tale of Two Towns and LEGO City Undercover: the Chase Begins. Which should I get?

And yes, I already own a lot of the other good games, so don't recommend me to get something else. :P

Probably Lego City. I find Harvest Moon to be boring. If you like Harvest Moon a lot, then you probably shouldn't listen to my advice. But honestly, neither of those games are that great. I would go for something like Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, or Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D, Fire Emblem Awakening, or wait for something good like Animal Crossing: New Leaf. But again, that's just what I would do. :|

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,576. Posted:

Kirby Super Star. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. You no longer have access to that game, so why wouldn't you rebuy it at a much cheaper price than you probably paid for the Ultra version?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SammyOfMobius

1,577. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Kirby Super Star. It's a no-brainer in my opinion. You no longer have access to that game, so why wouldn't you rebuy it at a much cheaper price than you probably paid for the Ultra version?

True.

AuthorMessage

Varia01

1,578. Posted:

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is a pretty good racing game. Intuitive controls, great graphics, and a lot of fun add to the game's success. I would recommend it.

Currently Playing: Metroid Prime 3, Zelda Twilight Princess, & Metroid Other M
Hyped for: Sonic Lost World, Super Smash Bros 3DS, & Dream Team

Even though I have beaten many of the games I'm still playing, I play them not to win, but to have fun.

AuthorMessage

Jollykarp

1,579. Posted:

Varia01 wrote:

Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed is a pretty good racing game. Intuitive controls, great graphics, and a lot of fun add to the game's success. I would recommend it.

This, except don't get it on 3DS. Any HD console version or PC is a fine choice though, especially if you're a SEGA buff. There are so many continuity nods that it's possible to get completely lost in the game's nostalgia.

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo
"If I was on the highest cliff, the highest riff
And you slipped off the side and clinched on for your life in my grip
I would never, ever let you down" - J Ivy

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

AuthorMessage

supered91

1,580. Posted:

in 2014 i plan on getting a wii u and 2 games with it but for now i want to know if i should get the 3ds version of ssb4 or wii u version of ssb4

supered91