Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,541 to 1,560 of 1,991

AccessibleDaydream

Hello.

As you may or may not have seen, over the past few weeks I have been running a poll in the Wii U/3DS Recommendations Threads to determine which games I should get for each platform. Well, I am now done with those separate polls, so I have come here to get a broader opinion. I am asking you all to tell me which three combination of 3DS and Wii U games I should get. Here is the list:

Injustice: Gods Among Us (Wii U)
Lego City: Undercover (Wii U)
Need for Speed Most Wanted U (Wii U)
Fire Emblem Awakening (3DS)
Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon (3DS)
The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time 3D (3DS)

In two weeks I will choose the top three based on votes, and those will be my next three games for Wii U and/or 3DS.

AccessibleDaydream

Switch Friend Code: SW-2307-0614-2423 | My Nintendo: Dj64Mk7 | Nintendo Network ID: Dj64Mk7 | Twitter:

RR529

MisterSmith wrote:

I'm interested in checking out Kirby Super Star in some form, but not sure which version I should go with. The original for VC is still up for grabs for a few more days on Club Nintendo, so I'm mostly leaning towards that (since it wouldn't cost me anything, natch). However I'd like to hear if the Ultra upgrades are worth the $20-$30.

There aren't really any new adventures in the Ultra version.

The original game has five adventures, and a couple mini games.

In addition to those, the Ultra version has a tougher expanded version of Spring Breeze (the first of the original 5 adventures), an adventure that has you playing through all 5 original adventures as Meta Knight (with an all new set of harder bosses), two boss run modes (one having you play as Kirby against the original bosses, and the other having you play as any regular enemy type of your choice against the new Meta Knight bosses), and a couple more mini games.

So, the new stuff is pretty much just unique spins on the original 5 adventures. If you crave actual difficulty in a Kirby game, Ultra has you covered (I could never beat the second boss run).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Magikarp3

CanisWolfred wrote:

Thank you! Forgot about this thread.

I'm thinking of Starting a Blog, just to have a little place to put my random thoughts (Which I have many throughout the day). However, I'm not sure which Blog site to use. I'm looking for one that's easy to use, but still offers some customization. I don't really want to use all of them to see how they work, though, since then if someone happens to look me up, they might get confused.

So to put it simply: What Blog site should I use?

quite a late response, but eh.

I've been using Blogger for years now and it's been quite handy. The text editor is a lot like MS Word, and it keeps your formatting if you just copy/paste from word. It does get a little trickier if you want to add images, because that's mostly done through html, although you don't seem like the kind of person who would put a huge list of images onto your blog.

I do have a very strong prejudice against Wordpress though. Partly because I've never tried it, and partly because it sucks.

Edited on by Magikarp3

http://backloggery.com/oiiopo

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

3DS Friend Code: 3952-7233-0245

CanisWolfred

I would've gone straight for Blogger if it weren't for the html part. I suck at that stuff. I might try it out, but who knows. None of the other ones I looked up sounded very convenient...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

There's actually a non-html editor now. A lot of basic formatting can be done with buttons, it's just that those buttons auto-create html code with your links already inside them.

always thought I'd change to Gyarados after I turned 20 but hey, this is more fitting I guess. (also somebody registered under the original Magikarp name and I can't get back to it anymore orz)

CanisWolfred

Magikarp wrote:

There's actually a non-html editor now. A lot of basic formatting can be done with buttons, it's just that those buttons auto-create html code with your links already inside them.

SOLD. See ya on Blogger.

EDIT: Or not. Turns out I signed up on Blogger twice. And now I'm stuck with them, forever and ever. I hate google so much right now...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Magikarp3

Hehe, Google's annoying like that. I actually have two Google accounts because it insisted that I needed another one for my Yahoo email. Anyway, if you search really hard there should be a "delete blog" option, so you can just get rid of your old one and make a new one. It's hidden pretty well though - I can't remember where it is anymore.

CanisWolfred

I couldn't find it, so I had to make a third Gmail account, which makes my total number of emails up to at least 6...anyways, the blog's under construction, though it might be a while before it's all set up. Thank you very much for your help, Magikarp!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Does anyone know if on average Play N Trade has better trade in value than GameStop?

When I went there, the trade in value was about equal to Gamestop. That was a long time ago, though...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for $60. Is it really worth it? It's only going to get more expensive as it gets older.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Fire Emblem Path of Radiance for $60. Is it really worth it? It's only going to get more expensive as it gets older.

It depends: Is the second most reknowned Fire Emblem ever going to be worth that much money to you? Personally, I find that, since the 3DS game has surpassed it in popularity, and is cheaper, I can't help but consider it a bad buy. I'd rather wait and see if Nintendo will rerelease or remake it, along with its sequel, than having to spend that much money on an old game that isn't Lunar or Tales. I must say, the amount of content in the 3DS game will certainly make that wait easier.

But, of course, if you think "the best US-released Fire Emblem before the 3DS game came around" sounds like a big deal to you, then it might be worth your money. It's definitely an obviously quality game from what I have played, if you're into Fire Emblem, but I should warn that I haven't played much of it, and probably never will.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Well, to be honest, it's around the price you'd normally pay for a new game on the PS3 or Xbox360, and i'd assume it would be worth it since I've heard a lot of praise for it. Also, the 3DS version is great, and probably objectively the best in the series so far (only played Shadow Dragon and Sacred Stones prior to it but still), but I don't mind more Fire Emblem in my life. Still not sure though. I guess it depends on how much money I decide to spend for the summer.

Also other games I was thinking about getting...
Rival Schools. It looks fun and those graphics are pretty good for PSOne.
Custom Robo. I like customization and mechs so this looks right up my ally. Anyone play it before?

TurtleLink's backloggery

turtlelink

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rival Schools is good fun. If you can find it for a good price, I definitely recommend picking it up.

I'm trying to find a seller with the case and both discs. What do you think would be the ideal price for it? Around $30 to $40?

TurtleLink's backloggery

RevolverLink

I'm trying to decide which of the following to download off of the eShop next: 3D Classics: Kirby's Adventure (on sale, and it's one of my favorite games ever), Art of Balance TOUCH! (also on sale, and I quite enjoyed the demo) or Mario Golf (GBC) (not a big golf fan, but I loved Camelot's GBC/GBA Mario Tennis games).

EDIT: I decided to go with Art of Balance.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Rival Schools is good fun. If you can find it for a good price, I definitely recommend picking it up.

I'm trying to find a seller with the case and both discs. What do you think would be the ideal price for it? Around $30 to $40?

It might be difficult, but personally I'd shoot for $30 or below...or just wait for a rerelease (it was released on the JP PSN as a PSOne Classic this time last year). Unless time is of the essence for some reason, I'd personally wait on it. It's not really worth overspending. It's good, but not $50 good like I see some people charge. I'm pretty sure I got it for $25 2 years ago...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Eh, waiting on Capcom to get it on the PS Store as a PSOne classic will probably take forever.

However, I did find a good seller on eBay selling it for just $30. Seems pretty reasonable. I think I'll go for it.

TurtleLink's backloggery

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Eh, waiting on Capcom to get it on the PS Store as a PSOne classic will probably take forever.

However, I did find a good seller on eBay selling it for just $30. Seems pretty reasonable. I think I'll go for it.

Good luck!

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic