General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,521 to 1,540 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,521. Posted:

@Knux Since I don't own any Sony consoles, I haven't played any Wild arms games but Alter code F has some awesome music. The final boss theme, Destruction of all creation is amazing!

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,522. Posted:

OK, Fire Emblem: Awakening or King of Fighters XIII.

• I've been having loads of fun with both games' demos.
  • FE:A is $40 new, while KoFXIII is only $30 new (I'd probably get Ikachan & Bloody Vampire with the extra $10).
  • I just finished up with 3 RPGs (KH:DDD, PM:SS, & Crimson Shroud), and the last fighter I've played was Dead or Alive Dimensions.
  • I know FE:A has DLC (even free during the first week). What about KoFXIII.
  • If I choose KoFXIII, should I get it for 360 or PS3? Our 360 has HDMI cables (meaning I can play it in HD, and the demo looks stunning), while the PS3's online is free.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,523. Posted:

Get KOFXIII on PS3 so I can finally have someone on my level to play with. Everyone else on my friends list is too good. :( Oh, and there's two character DLC for KOF, but they're not that important. And KOFXIII is still free if you have Playstation Plus, just FYI.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,524. Posted:

Was wondering if I should get Blazblue Continuum Shift Extend or Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus. I hear both are great, but I also hear that Guilty Gear doesn't have many features and Blazblue relies heavily on corner combos which I think I'll dread.

EDIT: However, if RR529 does get KoF, I might just ignore those two listed above and get that. The more people you get to play with the better!

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,525. Posted:

OK, so I'll probably get KoFXIII (PS3), if my GameStop has it in when I go in later this week.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,526. Posted:

If it's not there, KOF's on PSN for the same price (For non-subscribers, at least).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,527. Posted:

Is The Last Story really as good as i hear??

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
Bring Digimon 3DS Game to Europe and America
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,528. Posted:

Depends on what you're hearing. I know it as a flashy, but fun game that's a little short, way too easy to make much use of its more complex mechanics, and has a generic story that's well told. If that sounds like what you're hearing, then yeah.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,529. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Depends on what you're hearing. I know it as a flashy, but fun game that's a little short, way too easy to make much use of its more complex mechanics, and has a generic story that's well told. If that sounds like what you're hearing, then yeah.

That sounds about right apart from the mechanics part as there are some very hard parts of the game and overall I think its difficulty is balanced quite well.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,530. Posted:

Hey guys, I was thinking about buying Disgaea 1 down the road. But I was wondering which version is better, the PS2 or PSP version?

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,531. Posted:

PSP version adds lots of new stuff, so go with that. There's basically no reason to go with the PS2 version anymore, unless you just don't like portables at all.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,532. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

PSP version adds lots of new stuff, so go with that. There's basically no reason to go with the PS2 version anymore, unless you just don't like portables at all.

Oh, I quite love my portables. Just wanted to go with the best version, so thanks.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

1,533. Posted:

I was wondering if I should FINALLY get The Sims 3 (PC), I've been wanting it for a while, but I never could make up my mind!
Suggestions?

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,534. Posted:

HELP
I want to buy all these games but i dont know which. I probably could only be able to get 3. Help im so conflicted.

Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (3DS) (1st game was fun)

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow – Mirror of Fate (3DS) (Looks cool and never played a game in the series)

The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct (WII U) (Want to try out FPS and i like watching the show)

Pandora's Tower (WII) (Most anticipated Title in the Operation Rainfall games)

Solatorobo: Red the Hunter (DS) (Wanted this game for a while but never have gotten to buy it)

Mosnster Hunter 3 Ultimate (3DS or Wii U) ( Looks Really cool and epic)

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,535. Posted:

@CrimsonFire13 Definitely get Pandora's Tower, its amazing and its in my top 10 Wii games. The Walking Dead: Survival Instinct looks terrible from the trailers and all the others seem like better choices. I haven't played any of the other games you mentioned or other games in the series but I would personally go for Solatorobo: Red the Hunter and either Luigi's mansion: Dark Moon or Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate but as I said I have no experience with those games or their series so there are probably other users that could give you better advice for the others.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CrimsonFire

1,536. Posted:

^Thanks. I will Definitely be getting Pandoras Tower.I'll try pre ordering it tomorrow. I will probably get Luigi Mansion Dark Moon Too. But what will my 3rd game be.

Edited on by CrimsonFire

Weirdness
Crimsonloggery
ADVENTURE TIME!!!!!!
CUCUMBERS

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

1,537. Posted:

I have decided to finally get myself a laptop!
But it's sorta boring on the outside. So I'm trying to pick a colorful skin to put on it. I have narrowed it down between 2 choices. Can someone help me decide?
1:Untitled
2:Untitled
I really like both, it's just hard to decide x3.

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,538. Posted:

2 is pretty cool looking.

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,539. Posted:

I agree that 2 is cool looking, but I feel like it's too busy. I think I'd go with one. It's softer on the eyes while still looking pretty nice, IMO.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MisterSmith

1,540. Posted:

I'm interested in checking out Kirby Super Star in some form, but not sure which version I should go with. The original for VC is still up for grabs for a few more days on Club Nintendo, so I'm mostly leaning towards that (since it wouldn't cost me anything, natch). However I'd like to hear if the Ultra upgrades are worth the $20-$30.

MisterSmith