General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,501 to 1,520 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

RainbowCrasher

1,501. Posted:

In cave story, if you die, do you have to start the game over???

"Tis a lie! Thy backside is whole and ungobbled, thou ungrateful whelp!"

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,502. Posted:

You only start over if you get one of the endings, irrc. Simply dying just brings you back to your last save point.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Bulbousaur

1,503. Posted:

I'm considering doing something I never thought I would do: getting Black Ops 2, a game of the most overrated series this generation of gaming (IMO). I have never owned a CoD game, but I have played a few rounds of World of War and MW3 with friends sometimes. And when I did play it with friends split screen, it was actually pretty fun, even if I did get my ass kicked.

What I am most worried about is
1. Being horrible at it, everyone else being better than me and not having a good time
2. Screaming annoying 12 year olds

So yeah... What do you think I should do? A Nintendo forum probably not the best place to get CoD advice from, but whatever.

Bulbousaur

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,504. Posted:

New Super Mario Bros.2 or 3D Land? Which lasts longer and in your opinion, more fun?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,505. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

New Super Mario Bros.2 or 3D Land? Which lasts longer and in your opinion, more fun?

I'm not sure which is longer, but 3D Land is definitely way more fun. Especially the special worlds. Better level design, better music, and better graphics. Although that last part isn't really that much of a difference at all.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,506. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Super Mario 3D Land lasts longer, but New Super Mario Bros. 2 is more fun than 3D Land in my opinion...although that's not saying much.

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

Super-Mario-Fan

1,507. Posted:

Which should I get: New Super Mario Bros U or Super Smash Bros Brawl? Should I just get Super Smash Bros Brawl or should I get New Super Mario Bros and just wait for the new Smash Bros?

Edited on by Super-Mario-Fan

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

AuthorMessage

mozie

1,508. Posted:

oops didnt notice this thread, anyways, I'am heading away with work on Monday for just over a week and picking up a new 3ds title today to tide me over the trip but cant decide between Paper Mario Sticker Star or Zero Escape?!? I've never played 999 but enjoyed the demo, i've finished the paper mario's on gamecube and n64 but not the wii one, cant decide?!? Oh and i've downloaded Denpa Men today too (keeping that for the flights any advice would be appreciated, particularly if you've played one or both!!

mozie

AuthorMessage

SarcasticWisdom

1,509. Posted:

Should I get Scribblenauts Unlimited for the 3ds?

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

AuthorMessage

SarcasticWisdom

1,510. Posted:

mozie wrote:

oops didnt notice this thread, anyways, I'am heading away with work on Monday for just over a week and picking up a new 3ds title today to tide me over the trip but cant decide between Paper Mario Sticker Star or Zero Escape?!? I've never played 999 but enjoyed the demo, i've finished the paper mario's on gamecube and n64 but not the wii one, cant decide?!? Oh and i've downloaded Denpa Men today too (keeping that for the flights any advice would be appreciated, particularly if you've played one or both!!

Sticker Star.

Formally known as EvilCookie
3DS FC: 5069-4209-9709
Dream Suite: 5700-2151-8534
SarcasticLoggery

3DS Friend Code: 5069-4209-9709

AuthorMessage

Arianabtd

1,511. Posted:

SarcasticWisdom wrote:

Should I get Scribblenauts Unlimited for the 3ds?

I personally haven't played that version of scribblenaughts, but the last two versions were Amazing! (I had both for DS and my IPod touch)

So I would suggest you get it, it's a great handheld game.

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter: Arianabtd

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,512. Posted:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Which should I get: New Super Mario Bros U or Super Smash Bros Brawl? Should I just get Super Smash Bros Brawl or should I get New Super Mario Bros and just wait for the new Smash Bros?

I'd probably get NSMBU first as a Wii U showcase, but I still recommend getting Brawl too - the next Smash is years away.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,513. Posted:

I have a question. I'm thinking about giving the Wild Arms series a shot in the near future. Now both the first and second installments are on the PlayStation Store. But I have read that Wild Arms 1 has a PS2 remake called Wild Arms Alter Code: F. Considering that the original version is a hell of a lot cheaper and accessible to buy compared to the remake, I was wondering which version is better? Or is Wild Arms 1 not even a good game in the first place and I should just buy the sequel instead?

supersonic1990z@hushmail.com Twitter Wii FC: 4579-0293-6760-7162 [10:25] DarkwingLz: D**mit Knux, tell Sony to release Vita TV here >:[

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4499-6603 | Nintendo Network ID: Knux1990 | Twitter: Knux1990

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,514. Posted:

Fist fights have broken out over that very question, Knux. Some people swear by Alter Code F, others think it's a total pile of crap. The reviews I've found are just as polerized, but most of the negative reviews can be summed up "I got a remake of an old game but for some reason I didn't expect to encounter staple genre mechanics". Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra cash. While I like the series, it's never been that great (certainly not $40+ great!). It's more on par with Breath of Fire - charming and fun, but makes little effort to push the genre forward, and when it does, it tends to be flawed. I'd say grab the original, and wait for Alter Code F to make its way to PS2 Classics.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MrMario02

1,515. Posted:

which should i get. Ouya or animal crossing new leaf?

Let's-a-go! Friend Code:4983 - 5372 - 3651

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

1,516. Posted:

Knux wrote:

I have a question. I'm thinking about giving the Wild Arms series a shot in the near future. is Wild Arms 1 not even a good game in the first place and I should just buy the sequel instead?

Wild Arms are some of the most by the numbers JRPGs around-and that's saying something. The only reason people have played it in the past was to tide them over between better games. There's really no reason for you to go digging up that old time capsule.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

KirbyMarioFan

1,517. Posted:

Should I buy a GBA SP Mario Edition, or a GameCube?
( probably will end up buying both anyway, but I wanna hear opinions)

KirbyMarioFan

AuthorMessage

PKNoUsernameHere

1,518. Posted:

@KirbyMarioFan go with the Gamecube,i have a HUGE collection of awesome games for it

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage

Knux

1,519. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

Fist fights have broken out over that very question, Knux. Some people swear by Alter Code F, others think it's a total pile of crap. The reviews I've found are just as polerized, but most of the negative reviews can be summed up "I got a remake of an old game but for some reason I didn't expect to encounter staple genre mechanics". Personally, I wouldn't spend the extra cash. While I like the series, it's never been that great (certainly not $40+ great!). It's more on par with Breath of Fire - charming and fun, but makes little effort to push the genre forward, and when it does, it tends to be flawed. I'd say grab the original, and wait for Alter Code F to make its way to PS2 Classics.

Thanks, I decided to just buy the PS1 Classic version of Wild Arms 1. There's no point spending extra money on a remake that may or may not be better than the original.

Anyway, I have another question. I'm thinking about buying Epic Mickey 2 down the road. But the question is if I should buy the PS3 or Wii version? I heard that the Wii version ironically runs the smoothest, but the PS3 version has trophies and HD. Also, I would probably have to buy PS Move since I want to use the same controls as the Wii version. Yes, I know the game got slammed by critics, but then again I rarely follow what the critics say anyway.

Edited on by Knux

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,520. Posted:

I don't care what critics say either, but the videos I watched are shoddy as hell - bad framerate, glitches, and obviously bad design and controls....if I were you, I'd go with the Wii version just because it'll likely be the cheapest and you won't have trophies to force you back if you don't like it. Though, I suppose a trophy would give you a much greater sense of satisfaction if you push through it...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~