General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,778

AuthorMessage

Linkuya

1,461. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Oh yea I forgot about the collection. Might just get that. VC is a RPG which I personally think I have enough of atm. So yea, thanks guys.

You should get MGS4 in the future. It's one of the greatest games ever created, in my opinion.

3DS Friend Code: 1246-8915-8524
Favourite game series: Mario, Zelda, Metal Gear Solid
Nintendo is number one, Sony is number two.
(There is no number three)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,462. Posted:

I'm in the mood for something retro, preferably a game that started a great series. I tried compiling a few games from my favorite series, but I'm having trouble picking which one I should play. They are:

• Dragon Warrior I & II (GBC) - It'd be a quick, fun RPG I could play through in a couple days. However, I don't own it anymore. I'd have to pick it up from the local retro shop tomorrow.
  • Final Fantasy (PSP) - I'd be starting this version for the first time. However, I've been following a text-based "Let's Play" of it for a while now, and it's kind of spoiled some things. It also makes me want to play it even more, though.
  • Phantasy Star (SMS/360) - The only original version from this list, and probably the best of the bunch. It's a game that requires you write a lot of stuff down, though, and I lost my notes, so I'd probably have to start over.
  • Ys Books I & II (TGCD/VC) - I'm stuck in a dungeon I can't leave, and it's a confusing one at that. The guide I last used was very unhelpful. I'm not so sure I'm in the mood for wandering around aimlessly until I stumble upon the answer, but Ys isn't that hard of a game, and I can save anywhere.
  • Breath of Fire (GBA) - I don't really remember where I'm supposed to go, but it is a very linear game, so it shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Only problem is that my gut feeling about it is the least enthusiastic out of this bunch, but I could still enjoy it.
  • Tales of Phantasia (PS1) - I'm less far in this version than I currently am in the SFC version, but this version has much better gameplay. Still, I'd probably be retreading a lot of old ground (though with a much better translation).

Any help in choosing would be greatly appreciated.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,463. Posted:

Out of that list the only games I have played are Dragon Warrior 1 & 2, Final Fantasy, and Breath of Fire.

If you are looking for something to connect storywise I would say either DW or BoF since Final Fantasy games don't really connect except for 10 and 10-2 or whatever its called.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,464. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

Out of that list the only games I have played are Dragon Warrior 1 & 2, Final Fantasy, and Breath of Fire.

If you are looking for something to connect storywise I would say either DW or BoF since Final Fantasy games don't really connect except for 10 and 10-2 or whatever its called.

Well, I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Nintenbro

1,465. Posted:

@Mickeymac, let me guess, you're stuck in the Darm Tower in Y's 1&2?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,466. Posted:

Nintenbro wrote:

@Mickeymac, let me guess, you're stuck in the Darm Tower in Y's 1&2?

Yeah. It's a freakin' maze...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,467. Posted:

I'm still looking for advice here if anyone has any...

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

MrArcade

1,468. Posted:

All I know is that breath oof fire II for GBA was pretty damn awesome. Thats coming from a guy thats not a biig fan of RPGs.

MrArcade

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,469. Posted:

@Mickeymac, I don't know how retro you're willing to go, but there's Sword of Hope II and Dragon Crystal on eShop.

I'm not sure about Dragon Crystal, but Sword of Hope II seems to be really liked by those that have played it (including myself), from what I've heard.

Currently Playing:

Quiz RPG: Legend of Mystic Wiz (AND)
Popcork! (AND)
B.B. Bear Danmaku (AND)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,470. Posted:

@RR299 - I appreciate the thought, but I'm actually saving Sword of Hope II for something special. Besides, I really want to stick to series I'm already familiar with right now.

MrArcade wrote:

All I know is that breath oof fire II for GBA was pretty damn awesome. Thats coming from a guy thats not a biig fan of RPGs.

IMO, Breath of Fire 1 is even better. It's a fun, fast-paced RPG that doesn't do a whole lot different, but does everything just right. The whole series is pretty great, actually.

At the very least I've eliminated Tales of Phantasia. I'm still afraid to start it up, get really far in it, only to find that they're translating it for English release. Or worse, I finish it, and by the time it inevitably gets released in the US, I no longer feel like playing it again.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,471. Posted:

Everyone who owns a PS3 or a 360, go buy Nier now.

Or else.

:O

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

Whopper744

1,472. Posted:

So does anyone know of a good baseball game out there I can get a hold of?
I have all the Nintendo systems and a Xbox 360. Would prefer to get something that I would haven't to search on ebay for and pay 80 bucks for since it's rare. :p
I really like Mario Baseball on the Wii, but I'm looking for something a little more realistic too (maybe with MLB players so I can play as the Reds).
The gameboy one I downloaded on my 3DS kicks my butt so bad it's not funny...

Anyone have any good ideas?

Nintendo ID : Whopper744
Fellow WV residents and MK8 fans...join the WV Cup today! 3052 9702 2828

Join Koopalings Thursdays! 5842-3656-8790

(used to be Joshers744...changed it to my Nintendo ID)

-John 3:16

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,473. Posted:

Well if you like an arcade style baseball game The Bigs 2 is great and since its been out for a few years its probably cheap. If you are looking for something a bit more realistic Major League Baseball 2K12 is great for a realistic baseball game and its available on the Wii and 360.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

MikeDanger

1,474. Posted:

@Mickeymac Dude I don't know if you're still asking but go with Phantasy Star. IMO that's the best one of your list there, and it has aged beautifully. Why? Well you know why it's a futuristic JRPG set in an post apocalyptic future. Man I wish Sega would do more with this IP. I mean Phantasy Star 0 is ok, but nothing compared to the original 4.

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D: http://colorslive.com/author.php?id=41347

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,475. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

Everyone who owns a PS3 or a 360, go buy Nier now.

Or else.

:O

Or else...?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,476. Posted:

Now that I'm hooked on the show Game of Thrones, I'm trying to decide whether I should buy the books in paperback or if I should get them for my Kindle.

Normally I'd just go with the (seemingly always cheaper when it comes to anything I want to read...) physical copies, but I also feel like I should buy something for my Kindle sometime, if only to partially justify owning one.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,477. Posted:

They cost about the same, so I dunno what to tell you. Personally, I think $9 for a digital book is a tad high.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

1,478. Posted:

If I was just getting the first book, the price difference (a buck) wouldn't be anything to think about, but I'm looking more at getting the bundles of the first 4 books, which end up costing $8-9 more if you buy them for an e-reader instead of in paperback.

I'll probably just end up getting them in paperback, like I always do; I'd just like to use my Kindle for something. I got it as a gift last year and I feel bad for not really using it ever.

Edited on by RevolverLink

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,479. Posted:

I know what you mean, and I think originally Kindle books were cheaper when they first came out.

Why don't you get a really heavy book? Those would be much better as a digital copy.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,480. Posted:

So I want to try a Dyanasty Warriors/ Warriors Orichi/ Samurai warriors game on the PSP and i'm wondering which on I should go with. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524