Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,461 to 1,480 of 1,991

MikeDanger

@Mickeymac Dude I don't know if you're still asking but go with Phantasy Star. IMO that's the best one of your list there, and it has aged beautifully. Why? Well you know why it's a futuristic JRPG set in an post apocalyptic future. Man I wish Sega would do more with this IP. I mean Phantasy Star 0 is ok, but nothing compared to the original 4.

Edited on by MikeDanger

Fan of: Shin Megami Tensei/ (Classic) Mega Man/ Pokemon/ Batman Arkham/ Metal Gear Solid/Peanuts/ DBZ/ Regular Show/ Power Rangers/The Walking Dead/ Invincible/ Detective Comics/ Secret Six/ Immortal Iron Fist/ Lobo/ Green Lantern
Colors 3D:

RevolverLink

Now that I'm hooked on the show Game of Thrones, I'm trying to decide whether I should buy the books in paperback or if I should get them for my Kindle.

Normally I'd just go with the (seemingly always cheaper when it comes to anything I want to read...) physical copies, but I also feel like I should buy something for my Kindle sometime, if only to partially justify owning one.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

RevolverLink

If I was just getting the first book, the price difference (a buck) wouldn't be anything to think about, but I'm looking more at getting the bundles of the first 4 books, which end up costing $8-9 more if you buy them for an e-reader instead of in paperback.

I'll probably just end up getting them in paperback, like I always do; I'd just like to use my Kindle for something. I got it as a gift last year and I feel bad for not really using it ever.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

CanisWolfred

I know what you mean, and I think originally Kindle books were cheaper when they first came out.

Why don't you get a really heavy book? Those would be much better as a digital copy.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ShinRPGGamer

So I want to try a Dyanasty Warriors/ Warriors Orichi/ Samurai warriors game on the PSP and i'm wondering which on I should go with. Any suggestions would be appriciated.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

CanisWolfred

Unfortunately, the worst ones seem to be the only one with demoes (The Strikeforce games), and those are the only ones I've played. I have heard that DW Vol. 1 and Vol. 2 are both good, from our own OlympicCho and from a user on another site. Probably the easiest to get into, too, since they're the base games in the series and they're the cheapest to get ahold of, last I checked. Warriors Orochi kinda requires knowing the characters from the series already.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

SammyOfMobius

Okay just let me tell you guys a secret... I never played Super Mario 3D Land. I've played it at a retailer but never actually owned it and got deep into the game. I heard it was great, but I also have my eye on Paper Mario Sticker Star. Should I buy 3D Land or Sticker Star? I've never actually liked a Paper Mario game better than a Super Mario game, but I want you guys's thoughts.

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

CanisWolfred

MultiMariosonic wrote:

Okay just let me tell you guys a secret... I never played Super Mario 3D Land. I've played it at a retailer but never actually owned it and got deep into the game. I heard it was great, but I also have my eye on Paper Mario Sticker Star. Should I buy 3D Land or Sticker Star? I've never actually liked a Paper Mario game better than a Super Mario game, but I want you guys's thoughts.

I think...That question would be easier to answer when Paper Mario comes out and there are people who have played the game. Especially since it looks like Sticker Star will either be great or just suck with its sticker mechanic. I've only played enough of 3D Land to know that I hate it, but that's because it's a 2D Mario in 3D, and I've always hated 2D Mario games.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CM30

Wait until Sticker Star comes out (or at least some people's thoughts and reviews do), then decide. If you want to know now, then by your comment that you've never liked a Paper Mario game more than a Super Mario one, buy Mario 3D Land.

Try out Gaming Reinvented, my new gaming forum and website!
Also, if you're a Wario series fan, check out Wario Forums today! Your only place for Wario series discussion!
My 3DS Friend Code: 4983-5165-4...

Twitter:

Super-Mario-Fan

Should I get Animal Crossing? A lot of you guys seem to like Animal crossing and it seems interesting.Can you explain to me Animal Crossing? Which game should I start with? Would you recommend it? Any information you have.

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

CanisWolfred

Animal Crossing is hard to explain, unfortunately. Even videos don't do it justice. As for the game I'd recommend, any of them will work, but the most refined is probably City Folk. There's also a 3DS game coming, but it may be a while and City Folk would be cheaper and therefore less of a risk to try.

I'll see if I can get Chrono-cross over here to explain it, he's better than I am at understanding Animal Crossing, and I know few who love that series more.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Knux

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Should I get Animal Crossing? A lot of you guys seem to like Animal crossing and it seems interesting.Can you explain to me Animal Crossing? Which game should I start with? Would you recommend it? Any information you have.

Animal Crossing is a boring waste of time. This is coming from someone who actually played one of the games in the series. Avoid all Animal Crossing games at all costs, and you can thank me later. I'm not sure why so many people love the series so much, but it's beyond overrated.

/me puts up flame shield.

Knux

Chrono_Cross

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Depends. Really, Animal Crossing is a lot of things. It's a simulation game with no true objective/goal. You can upgrade your newly found house, decorate it anyway you want and just live in a virtual home away from home. You meet animal neighbors who do their best to be your best friend and you can actually develop relationships with them (to an extent). Really, it's whatever you want it to be with a pace you make.

And paying off your house and friends isn't the end. Seasons change due to your console's set date and time. Whatever time it is in real life, it's that time in Animal Crossing. It's October now, and guess what? It's October in Animal Crossing with colorful leafs, discolored grass and everything else that resembles the fall season (the atmosphere is awesome). Halloween is coming up too, so gather all the candy you can and collect the Spooky furniture set!

Fossil hunting, letter mailing, you can visit your friend's towns, bug catching, fishing, shirt customization, snowman building, and so much more! If you love Nintendo, in any way, you will love this series. It's easy to jump into and there's no opening cutscenes or backstory to memorize due to its immense storyline. None of that!

What game to start with? Well, if the 3DS entry was out, I'd say that but... it won't be for another 9 months. So that gives us three games to choose from: Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World and then, City Folk. City Folk is a no-no. The original on GameCube seems to be the only one I can whole-kindheartedly recommend without regret. It's dirt cheap, and has the most charm. Unless you can't find the original, and you own a 3DS, you should fall back on Wild World for the DS.

(I'd say more but I have to be somewhere, lol. Thank you Mickey for contacting me.)

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

Super-Mario-Fan

CactusJackson wrote:

Super-Mario-Fan wrote:

Depends. Really, Animal Crossing is a lot of things. It's a simulation game with no true objective/goal. You can upgrade your newly found house, decorate it anyway you want and just live in a virtual home away from home. You meet animal neighbors who do their best to be your best friend and you can actually develop relationships with them (to an extent). Really, it's whatever you want it to be with a pace you make.

And paying off your house and friends isn't the end. Seasons change due to your console's set date and time. Whatever time it is in real life, it's that time in Animal Crossing. It's October now, and guess what? It's October in Animal Crossing with colorful leafs, discolored grass and everything else that resembles the fall season (the atmosphere is awesome). Halloween is coming up too, so gather all the candy you can and collect the Spooky furniture set!

Fossil hunting, letter mailing, you can visit your friend's towns, bug catching, fishing, shirt customization, snowman building, and so much more! If you love Nintendo, in any way, you will love this series. It's easy to jump into and there's no opening cutscenes or backstory to memorize due to its immense storyline. None of that!

What game to start with? Well, if the 3DS entry was out, I'd say that but... it won't be for another 9 months. So that gives us three games to choose from: Animal Crossing, Animal Crossing Wild World and then, City Folk. City Folk is a no-no. The original on GameCube seems to be the only one I can whole-kindheartedly recommend without regret. It's dirt cheap, and has the most charm. Unless you can't find the original, and you own a 3DS, you should fall back on Wild World for the DS.

(I'd say more but I have to be somewhere, lol. Thank you Mickey for contacting me.)

Oh I see. This is like a game I played before "MySims" for the DS (Please don't ask why even bought that game because I don't know either XD) You make a character and just wander off to wherever and do whatever. This is obviously better than My Sims. In that game you can't really do much but in this game it seems like you have more control of the game.I actually kinda like these types of game so there's a good chance I will buy it. I think I will start out with the 3DS version. I can wait

Edited on by Super-Mario-Fan

Im a big fan of Mario games :)

Im also a nintendo nerd :P
Nintendo inpires me a lot o w o

RevolverLink

So yeah, even though almost nothing that isn't soul-crushingly painful/horrifying seems to happen to anybody in these books, A Song of Fire and Ice is definitely my new favorite thing du jour; I can't put them down. The complex characters, the dark humor, the many overlapping plot threads, the political intrigue, the realism despite the fantasy setting - I love it all.

It's gonna suck having to wait years between installments just like everybody else once I finish the fifth book.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

SubBronze

Which of the three DS Castlevania games should I get?

SteamID: bulby1994

3DS Friend Code: 5112-3450-2144 | Nintendo Network ID: Bulbousaur

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic