General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,441 to 1,460 of 1,758

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

1,441. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Anyone know any good games that are similar to those in the Mega Man Zero series? I just love the fast gameplay and setting of the title. Also, I'm not looking for something similar to the ZX series.

[/div]

Good question...I suggest asking the Steam thread about A.R.E.S., an Indie PC game. I haven't played it but it looks a bit similar. Otherwise, I always thought Mega Man Zero was a one-of-a-kind series. Only other game that I thought was even remotely similar is Shantae, and even then, it has a completely different feel. It just has the lite adventure elements and a few other small things.

I've played A.R.E.S. and while the setting is somewhat similar, it's much more of a slow platformer rather than a fast, action-packed title like one of the Zero games. I've looked for a while now and it's a shame that I haven't found anything that remotely resembles any Mega Man Zero game in terms of gameplay or setting. I guess Mega Man Zero hits such a perfect balance in speedy action where few other games have even attempted to venture into that type of gameplay.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,442. Posted:

I'm finally going to get Megaman 9. It's a shame it's taken me this long to purchase my favorite Megaman game. How are the controls to anyone who played it with a 360 controller? The analogue stick work nice and responsively? I can't wait to finally play it. Anyways, the help I really need is after getti hat game I'll have points left over. So should I get Super Meat Boy or Megaman 10?

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,443. Posted:

I found MM10 pretty disappointing. As for Super Meatboy, play the demo at least. It's a pretty good one that shows off different elements of the game. There's also a demo for Mega Man 9 (and literally every other XBLA game) so you can see how it feels before you decide whether or not to buy it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,444. Posted:

Well, loving Megaman 9 right now. The controls are still solid too, that's great. I mostly hear Megaman 10 is a bit dissapointing compared to 9. And I loved the demo for Super Meat Boy. Turns out it's 1200 points though. :( Should I wait for a sale or get Sonic CD? Or Bomberman Live. I've played the demo for hours with my brother.

Edited on by Retro_on_theGo

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,445. Posted:

Do you have Portal: Still Alive, or Battlefield 1943? I don't know how you feel about first person games, but I really enjoyed these two (especially Portal).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,446. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

Do you have Portal: Still Alive, or Battlefield 1943? I don't know how you feel about first person games, but I really enjoyed these two (especially Portal).

How much is portal on XBLA? I may just go with that. How good is it compared to 2. I really want 2, but I want to play 1 first.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,447. Posted:

I recommend Sonic CD. Fun game with a great soundtrack.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,448. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

RR529 wrote:

[/div]

[/div]

How much is portal on XBLA? I may just go with that. How good is it compared to 2. I really want 2, but I want to play 1 first.

[/div]

If I'm not mistaken, it was 1200 points when I got it (a couple of years ago), but they may have lowered the price (I don't frequent the 360 too often, so I'm not really sure how they do things). Still, even at the 1200 point range, it's still one of my favorite 360 games.

EDIT: Haven't had the chance to play 2 yet unfortunately, so I can't compare them.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,449. Posted:

S even with Demos I'm having a tough time choosing. Super Meat Boy, Portal, or Megaman 10? Leaning more towards meat boy or portal.

My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,450. Posted:

Ya I might be getting $200 of free spending,I was wondering what should I get with it and my choices are:
A)a few 3ds games/eshop cards
B)Ipod touch
C)3ds xl
what do you guys think?

Edited on by Undead_terror

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,451. Posted:

Do you have any sort of recent MP3 player already? If not, I'd definitely go with the Touch. Otherwise, I'd probably save it for the upcoming 3DS games in the fall.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,452. Posted:

I just got $110 today and got 2 eshop cards,but sometime this week I get another $100

Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,453. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Do you have any sort of recent MP3 player already? If not, I'd definitely go with the Touch. Otherwise, I'd probably save it for the upcoming 3DS games in the fall.

Totally agree with Mickey on this one. With Epic Mickey 2: Power of Illusion, Castlevania and other big 3DS games coming out here soon I would just put that money away, but than again I dont know if those are big games for you or not.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Undead_terror

1,454. Posted:

well some money is going towards NSMB2(just for the hell of it) and black ops 2,so thanks guys probaubly will save my money for upcoming games.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,455. Posted:

Deciding between Devil May Cry 4, MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, or Raging Blast 2. I'm feeling for something with lots of action so first things that comes to mind is DMC4 and RB2. However I never played a DMC game before so I don't know if I should start with 4 or not. Oh and I don't if I can get MGS4 with my $10. So yea, any recommendations?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,456. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Valkyria Chronicles

THIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

Actually no just get Nier.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,457. Posted:

Of those 4, MGS4 and Valkyria Chronicles are of the highest quality. I get you're looking for action, but Valkyria Chronicles is fantastic, and should definitely be experienced. There's nothing like it, outside of its sequel, of course.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

Reala

1,458. Posted:

This thread needs more Tales of Madness, GotY 2012!!!

there's nothing that's certain... of that you can be certain

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,459. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Deciding between Devil May Cry 4, MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, or Raging Blast 2. I'm feeling for something with lots of action so first things that comes to mind is DMC4 and RB2. However I never played a DMC game before so I don't know if I should start with 4 or not. Oh and I don't if I can get MGS4 with my $10. So yea, any recommendations?

You might enjoy the first part of DMC4 more if you never experienced Dante, but then the second part would be even more of a drag. Just get this instead.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,460. Posted:

Oh yea I forgot about the collection. Might just get that. VC is a RPG which I personally think I have enough of atm. So yea, thanks guys.

TurtleLink's backloggery