General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,421 to 1,440 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

Jono97

1,421. Posted:

I am planning to get kid icarus. Does Kid icarus have anything else besides the main campaign, multiplayer and the AR cards thing? Please tell me... :3

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6640-5759 | Twitter: clubmini123

AuthorMessage

AddADashOfSalt

1,422. Posted:

The stand...

8 Bit Forward
My Bio, by True_Hero, and another by Dark-Luigi. Oh, and a Kid Icarus one, too, created by Cyb3rnite.
deviantART Profile

"I'd not open that if I were you. My mortis glyphs have proven to be surprisingly effective in the past."

3DS Friend Code: 2578-3165-4977 | Nintendo Network ID: NintenDash | Twitter: KiDasharus

AuthorMessage

Jono97

1,423. Posted:

Are there any 3DS game which have a campaign, mini games and multi-player? So far, the game I'm targeting is Kid Icarus. However, I'm just wondering if there are any games that have all these stuff.. just in case if I somehow regret buying it.But, I cannot find any. :(

Not extremely into nintendo at the moment, but not really into anything else either. :|

AuthorMessage

Karakato

1,424. Posted:

As far as Campaign and multiplayer is concerned, I'd have to say Resident Evil Revelations If you're into TPS' (Kid Icarus is part TPS though). The single player campaign is great and all, but the main fun comes from the Raid mode(aka multiplayer mode). You get to traverse through many of the game's locations with a partner while nabbing loot such as new weapons or upgrades. I'd even say that this is the best 3DS game so far, unless Kid Icarus proves otherwise.

Also, there is no minigame in Kid Icarus, just some quirky egg tossing that lets you unlock 3D models, a trophy system, music mode and target practice.

Fancy a Karrot Cake?
Deviant Art Profile
Tumblr Page
My Backlog

The Rest is Silence.

AuthorMessage

Beautifly

1,425. Posted:

Hehe, I'm probably going to be suggesting some pretty well-known games, so don't mind me. :]

Final Fantasy XIII-2 actually really surprised me. I know Final Fantasy XIII had mixed reaction with fans, but I loved it. It may have been effected by my creepy obsession with Oerba Dia Vanille, but that's besides the point. The time travel element brought fun to the game, though it seemed sketchy. I'd reccomend. :]

Resident Evil: Revelations is good ol' kill stuff fun.

Beautifly

AuthorMessage

Jono97

1,426. Posted:

@Karakato ty for helping. Unfortunately, my mum would think that game is too violent for me... I mean c'mon, I'm turning 15.

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,427. Posted:

@Beautifly Welcome to nl.
@clubmini I'm not sure about its Austrailian rating but its a 16 in Europe so you'd only be one year below the age rating.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Jono97

1,428. Posted:

Well, I think It's rated "PG" here. I know my mum would approve it, But I'm just wondering how long does the game last without me getting bored of it.

AuthorMessage

Torchwood

1,429. Posted:

@clubmini I played Revelations for about 3 weeks and then played through it again in Hell mode and played Raid mode for about another 2 weeks. I could get more play value out of it, but I'm preoccupied with other games. Also, I'm 13 and bought it on amazon.

3DS Friend Code- 4725-7991-3379

AuthorMessage

Prof_Clayton

1,430. Posted:

Kid Icarus is either hit or miss, with most people its fantastic with tons of replay value, and great multiplayer. The definite choice of the 2 for me.

Welcome to my signature.
8 Bit Forward Come check out our Forums, Game Challenge League, Reviews, Interviews and more! http://8bitforward.forumotion.com
The Great Wall of Backlog
Videogame Chatroom
Kid Icarus: Uprising Spotpass Weapon Thread
Thank you for visiting; I hope you enjoyed yourself.

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9581-0860 | Nintendo Network ID: Clayton17 | Twitter: 8BitForward

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,431. Posted:

Well I just got my special edition Star Wars Xbox with Kinect today and I am wondering for any suggestions for good Kinect games. I know this site is heavy with Nintendo fans but I figured it wouldnt hurt to ask.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,432. Posted:

Oddy wrote:

And then there's a PS2, which I could get for pretty cheap. The thing is I'd only be able to play 2 and 3 (at least they'd be pretty much the best versions), and the MGs (via Subsistence), all used. I could always get The Twin Snakes for like $30 used, but that seems like a waste of money when it could be going to part of a PSP or PS3.

You can play PSOne games on the PS2. Whoever told you you couldn't is a dirty, dirty liar. Anyways, I suggest going with the PS3 (it won't go down in price any time soon. Sony's not doing well enough for another price drop within the next year or more), then grab a PS2 soon after (I mean really. they cost less than a new PS3 game). It's not really Birthday Present Material right now.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

V8_Ninja

1,433. Posted:

Anyone know any good games that are similar to those in the Mega Man Zero series? I just love the fast gameplay and setting of the title. Also, I'm not looking for something similar to the ZX series.

Thanks given to Xkhaoz for that one avatar.
Please contact me before using my custom avatar!
A (Former) Reviewer for Digitally Downloaded.net
My Backloggery, My Anime List, and My Blog
You can email me here.

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,434. Posted:

Just played the demo of the newest King of Fighters game on the 360 (can't remember the number), although it's on the PS3. The sprite based graphics were simply stunning in the HD display, the combat was similar enough to Street Fighter for me to get a grasp on it (although I'm positive there are differences, and although I couldn't gage accurately from the demo, it appeared to have a fair amount of modes.

Has anyone played it? If you have, do you think it's a good purchase? Any help would be appreciated.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,435. Posted:

King of Fighters XIII is one of the best fighting games out there, IMO. It's fun, it's fluid, it's majorly deep both in combat and evasion (unlike street Fighter, you can dodge roll back and forth to evade attacks), and it's chock full of personality. And it's down to around $30 on Amazon. I really suggest getting it, especially if you can get it for the PS3, because then I can have someone to fight. XD

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RR529

1,436. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

King of Fighters XIII is one of the best fighting games out there, IMO. It's fun, it's fluid, it's majorly deep both in combat and evasion (unlike street Fighter, you can dodge roll back and forth to evade attacks), and it's chock full of personality. And it's down to around $30 on Amazon. I really suggest getting it, especially if you can get it for the PS3, because then I can have someone to fight. XD

Thanks! I'll look into it if I get the extra cash (still planning on getting KH3D, NSMB2, and DOA5 as they come out). Not sure which system I'd get it for yet, though. the PS3 has a hard drive (for any extras I might want to get), unlike the 360 (we got the 4gb one). In contrast, the 360 has HD visuals (were using the cables from our old 360, because the 4gb model only has the standard ones), while the PS3 is in standard def (because the one we bought came with the standard cables).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,437. Posted:

I was going to get SSF4: AE (Finally) but of course they announced that SF 25th anniversary collection that I really want. So, I'm not sure if I should just wait and get the collection or just get the single game and sell it later than get the collection.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,438. Posted:

If you're gonna get the collector's set either way, save your money and just get that. :P I mean the collector's set comes out in only 3 months...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SpriteKing

1,439. Posted:

Sonic Colours or Rayman Orgins?

"Hey Strong Bad. You jumped over some of my buses!"
I don't have a backloggery, and if I did have one you wouldn't care
I will never have one tenth of an ioda of a clue as to why My Little Pony is only popular with 20+ year old males
Anamanaguchi is neat

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,440. Posted:

V8_Ninja wrote:

Anyone know any good games that are similar to those in the Mega Man Zero series? I just love the fast gameplay and setting of the title. Also, I'm not looking for something similar to the ZX series.

Good question...I suggest asking the Steam thread about A.R.E.S., an Indie PC game. I haven't played it but it looks a bit similar. Otherwise, I always thought Mega Man Zero was a one-of-a-kind series. Only other game that I thought was even remotely similar is Shantae, and even then, it has a completely different feel. It just has the lite adventure elements and a few other small things.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~