General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,381 to 1,400 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

Wesker

1,381. Posted:

Gmls719 wrote:

Can anyone reccomend to me any RPG's (JRPG's are what I'm looking for, though others work) on the PS3 for Christmas, Please? Nothing rated M or I cant get it, Thanks.

FInal Fantasy 13 would be the obvious choice. I've also played White Knight Chronicles, which is good, but there is far too much item management in that game for my tastes.

Wesker

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,382. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

are there any M rated JRPGs?

Demon's Souls and Nier.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,383. Posted:

So i'm about to use the most of my Amazon Prime Trail (thank you kindle Fire) and pick up A new copy of "The World Ends with You" for $12.60.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

GameLord08

1,384. Posted:

Okay, so anyone who's played Star Fox 64 3D, would you be compelled to recommend it? It's just under £20 on Amazon, and it seems a fun game. I don't mind its length. Just so long as it seems sturdy and replayable every so often.

Let us not judge a man by the colour of his skin, but by the character he chooses to battle with in Brawl.

Twitter: FaridaKYusuf

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,385. Posted:

GameLord08 wrote:

Okay, so anyone who's played Star Fox 64 3D, would you be compelled to recommend it? It's just under £20 on Amazon, and it seems a fun game. I don't mind its length. Just so long as it seems sturdy and replayable every so often.

The 3DS version looks better, has saves, and it's portable. If that sounds very appealing to you, besides the fact that it's one of the best games ever, then I suggest Picking it up. However, if it doesn't and you have access to the Wii Virtual Console, I suggest going with that version.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

shingi_70

1,386. Posted:

Bit trip Saga or Aliens infestation? Both are about $20 on amazon prime. I'm leaning toward Saga as its a Hard ti find game and its a steal at $2o dollars.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,387. Posted:

shingi_70 wrote:

Bit trip Saga or Aliens infestation? Both are about $20 on amazon prime. I'm leaning toward Saga as its a Hard ti find game and its a steal at $2o dollars.

Yeah, it's not really a hard choice there, unless you can get Bit Trip Complete for about the same price.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,388. Posted:

SAGA is amazing, but I would get COMPLETE instead for the same price, like Mickeymac said.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,389. Posted:

Valkyria Chronicles: I have the second so no need really
Eternal Sonata: Sounds interesting enough. I'll likely get this down the road if I don't get during the holidays
Star Ocean: The Last Hope: See above
Folklore: Not my kind of thing, sorry.
Disgaea 3 and 4: Would I have to play the first 2 or 3 games in order to understand the plot? If so, then no.
Atelier Rorona/Totori: See Eternal Sonata.
Final Fantasy 13: Have it, completed it, thought it was O.K

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,390. Posted:

Gmls719 wrote:

Yes there is a need? The story is way better in the first one and there are bigger maps to play on.

Gmls719 wrote:

Disgaea 3 and 4: Would I have to play the first 2 or 3 games in order to understand the plot? If so, then no.

No, only to get some of the little in-jokes here and there. Really, I suggest going straight for four, forget the others. This one looks the best, has the most refinements to the gameplay, and arguably the best story. You're not missing anything by not playing the others.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,391. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

Yes there is a need? The story is way better in the first one and there are bigger maps to play on.

Oh, if that's the case then maybe down the line. I already have two likely to be bought used games on my chirstmas list I think I can hold off on what is going to be my case anyway, a prequel.

Gmls719 wrote:

No, only to get some of the little in-jokes here and there. Really, I suggest going straight for four, forget the others. This one looks the best, has the most refinements to the gameplay, and arguably the best story. You're not missing anything by not playing the others.

[/quote]

O.K If That's the case then I'll definitely consider Disgaea 4 as a Christmas gift.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

SuperLink

1,392. Posted:

I'm really interested in getting The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mariokart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land. I only have enough money to buy one.

I just need some opinions of people that might have made this decision before, or people who already have this game and wished they'd have gotten another. Note, that I do not have ANY games specifically made for the 3DS, which is why I'm kind of leaning toward one of the 3DS game right now, yet Skyward Sword is a game that I've been drooling over for such a long time, plus is looks like a freakin' awesme Zelda game. So please, if you could just guide me in some direction so that my decision making process will be a little easier on my brain. Thank you.

Mom...Dad...I'm a Thespian

AuthorMessage

fpssoviet

1,393. Posted:

mk7 or mk wii or mk ds

This is my new account my old one is salty1264. I joined in juin 2010 on my other account so im not a new member. Steam: se' salty1264

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,394. Posted:

I would recommend Mario Kart 7, it's the newest one and the game most people are playing. I haven't played MKWii myself so I can't comment on that, but MKDS is plagued with hackers online, and it has no analog like the 3DS does. Well, you could play it on a 3DS but... um... Well, MK7 is better.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,395. Posted:

^I second Zezzy. If you want to play online, which is where MK is at its best, you should probably get the one most people are playing.

SuperLink wrote:

I'm really interested in getting The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword, Mariokart 7, and Super Mario 3D Land. I only have enough money to buy one.

I just need some opinions of people that might have made this decision before, or people who already have this game and wished they'd have gotten another. Note, that I do not have ANY games specifically made for the 3DS, which is why I'm kind of leaning toward one of the 3DS game right now, yet Skyward Sword is a game that I've been drooling over for such a long time, plus is looks like a freakin' awesme Zelda game. So please, if you could just guide me in some direction so that my decision making process will be a little easier on my brain. Thank you.

Skyward Swords' the most bang for your buck, plus it's usually best to play a game when you're hyped for it anyways.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

1,396. Posted:

I have a coupon of €60,- wich ich wanna spend, was thinking of UMvC3 for PS3 since i don't own the original. Or maybe Sonic Generations or Cave Story 3D(my computer sucks) for the 3DS. Opninions please.

Edited on by CorporalPegasus

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,397. Posted:

If you have a 3DS, you can get Cave Story from the eShop. If you have a PS3, you'd be better off getting Sonic Generation for that, and even if you already have that version, I'd still advise you go with something else. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom isn't a bad choice by any means, though, especially if you like fast-paced fighting games.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CorporalPegasus

1,398. Posted:

GundamMac wrote:

If you have a 3DS, you can get Cave Story from the eShop. If you have a PS3, you'd be better off getting Sonic Generation for that, and even if you already have that version, I'd still advise you go with something else. Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom isn't a bad choice by any means, though, especially if you like fast-paced fighting games.

Okay...thanks, but Cave Story is not availible on DSiWare in europe, thanks anyway. Think i'l go with UMvC3.

Catbugloggery

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,399. Posted:

Does anyone know a good PS mini for PS3 that is 3 bucks or less?

Edited on by TheKingOfTown

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown

AuthorMessage

TheKingOfTown

1,400. Posted:

Anyone?

Why do people point to their wrists when asking for the time, but don't point to their crotch when they ask where the bathroom is?

PSN ID: CTID16

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1201-0412 | Nintendo Network ID: TheKingOfTown