General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,321 to 1,340 of 1,718

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,321. Posted:

I've played the demo of Lunar so I am somewhat familar with it and I did like it but is it worth 20 dollars?

As for the your mini's question I really can't help you there, sorry.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,322. Posted:

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky

Has a fun turn-based battle system, lots of dialogue and lore, and fantastic music.

Lunar: Silver Star Harmony

It's got a great story with plenty of humor. Unfortunately they dumbed down the difficulty and removed the overworld, but the game's still fun. Also has Great music.

Ys Seven

VERY fun gameplay.

Ys: Oath in Felghana

Great gameplay and music once again, and a better story IMO. Also has more challenge to it.

Please note that all of these games have limited and retail editions that are more expensive, but come with lots of fancy stuff.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,323. Posted:

@Mickeymac: So I downloaded The Legends of Heroes and have been playing for a while and it's a very good game, thanks for the recommendation.

On another note I made a Japanese PSN account before the outage happened and now that it's back online i plan to get the free games available and I need help deciding what games to get.

Here are some detials on what I'm looking for:

-Very little text as possible
-Fun (duh)
-Not LBP PSP or Wipeout (I already have those)

Edit: The games I can get per system are:

PS3
Echochrome: Overture
Come on, LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
The Last Guy
Hustle Kings

PSP
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?
Patapon 2
Locoroco Midnight Carnival
Everybody's Stress Buster

Thanks in advance.

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,324. Posted:

Gmls719 wrote:

@Mickeymac: So I downloaded The Legends of Heroes and have been playing for a while and it's a very good game, thanks for the recommendation.

On another note I made a Japanese PSN account before the outage happened and now that it's back online i plan to get the free games available and I need help deciding what games to get.

Here are some detials on what I'm looking for:

-Very little text as possible
-Fun (duh)
-Not LBP PSP or Wipeout (I already have those)

Edit: The games I can get per system are:

PS3
Echochrome: Overture
Come on, LocoRoco!! BuuBuu Cocoreccho
The Last Guy
Hustle Kings

PSP
What Did I Do To Deserve This, My Lord?
Patapon 2
Locoroco Midnight Carnival
Everybody's Stress Buster

Thanks in advance.

I recommend getting PataPon 2 and LocoRoco. I'd recommend getting What Did I do to Deserve This My Lord in English, it's only, like $8.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

bro2dragons

1,325. Posted:

I just got a new eShop card, and have $3 left... I want something I can pick up and play any time over and over again for a few minutes at a time... those of you who have played them, would you recommend Qix (GB), Game and Watch Collection (GB), or Aura Aura Climber (DSiWare)? I know they're all very different... but if you had to pick one, what would you recommend?

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
We, like Job, are destitute save for the love of Jesus.
Find me on Facebook, just be sure to tell me you're from NL!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,326. Posted:

I know I haven't played any of those games, but if I were you, I'd go with the Game & Watch collection, just because it has multiple games - if I get bored of one game, I can just play a different one.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

bro2dragons

1,327. Posted:

Good call, Mac. Got it, and I'm really, really enjoying it. I've never played a Game and Watch game before, so I didn't realize just how much replay value there is with these. It definitely fits the "arcadey" feel I was looking for, and it's perfect for quick snippets of on the road gaming. :)

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29
We, like Job, are destitute save for the love of Jesus.
Find me on Facebook, just be sure to tell me you're from NL!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,328. Posted:

bro2dragons wrote:

Good call, Mac. Got it, and I'm really, really enjoying it. I've never played a Game and Watch game before, so I didn't realize just how much replay value there is with these. It definitely fits the "arcadey" feel I was looking for, and it's perfect for quick snippets of on the road gaming. :)

Glad I could help. Now I know what to get when I'm in the mood for such a game.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SunnySnivy

1,329. Posted:

I'm interested in trying out the Final Fantasy series, I've always been a fan of RPGs but I just never played any of them.

Which one would you recommend? It doesn't have to be the best one in the series, just the one that would be best for a beginner.

(Also, I only own Nintendo consoles.)

http://backloggery.com/naviloveslink

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,330. Posted:

SunnySnivy wrote:

I'm interested in trying out the Final Fantasy series, I've always been a fan of RPGs but I just never played any of them.

Which one would you recommend? It doesn't have to be the best one in the series, just the one that would be best for a beginner.

(Also, I only own Nintendo consoles.)

FF4. It has the simplest battle system that is used by many other games in the series, and it has a great story to it.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,331. Posted:

@Sunny: FF6 (3) The gameplay is great, The story hooks you in, the translation is funny and yes it is one of the more beginner friendly games of the series.

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,332. Posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3 Valkyria Chronicles 2 or Phantasy star 2 Portable. What would you guys reccomend?

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,333. Posted:

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, or Phantasy star 2 Portable before vacation. What would you guys reccomend?

Edited on by ShinRPGGamer

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,334. Posted:

Gmls719 wrote:

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, or Phantasy star 2 Portable before vacation. What would you guys reccomend?

Tough choice indeed. It really depends on what you like most: Turn-based gameplay with a solid story, a strategy game with a unique action twist, or an action-RPG with multiple players. Personally, I like all 3 of them equally and find them all to be essential purchases.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,335. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I'm having a bit of trouble deciding on whether or not to buy Persona 3, Valkyria Chronicles 2, or Phantasy Star 2 Portable before vacation. What would you guys reccomend?

Tough choice indeed. It really depends on what you like most: Turn-based gameplay with a solid story, a strategy game with a unique action twist, or an action-RPG with multiple players. Personally, I like all 3 of them equally and find them all to be essential purchases.

I'm a fan of turn based gameplay and I liked the demos for Valkyria and Phantasy Star but I can only buy one of these 3 games before I go on holidays so I'm kind of between a rock, a cliff, and a hard place right now. I'm afraid i'm going to need a clear and conscience answer.

AuthorMessage

RoyalBlur

1,336. Posted:

Okay, so I was asking if I should download Dragon's Lair and Space Ace from the Nintendo eShop?

I've heard so much praise about this game that I'm seriously considering buying a Nintendo eShop Card tomorrow so I can download Dragon's Lair and Space Ace. I was seriously impressed with all the fan art on deviantart that I can't help but bubble over with geek wonder at how beautiful the animation is in Dragon's Lair and Space Ace.

I heard that the gameplay of Dragon's Lair and Space is similar to that of Tap Tap Revolution and Guitar Hero and that sounds even more exciting!

Who is blind, but my servant? or deaf, as my messenger that I sent? who is blind as he that is perfect, and blind as the LORD's servant? Isaiah 42:19

My Youtube Page: http://www.youtube.com/user/royalusher

3DS FC: 2234-7146-6576

Twitter.com/ToyKoRedDawN

AuthorMessage

Hero_of_Time

1,337. Posted:

My my five year old cousin celebrates his birthday tomorrow and he wants a DS game. He likes LEGO, army themed stuff, and Star Wars. Thanks!

Proud owner of every Official Zelda Game
3DS Ambassador = Very yes

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,338. Posted:

There's a Lego RTS he might like. Plus there's plenty of Lego Star Wars stuff that's pretty ok.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

1,339. Posted:

I don't quite have the money for some of these right now, but I'm curious...

• PSP/Go when it's cheap after the Vita comes out
  • PS3 at the new discounted price ($249) for inFAMOUS, Uncharted, LittleBigPlanet, and all the PSN goodness (don't want 360)
  • Playstation Vita, Wi-Fi only model
  • iPod Touch for BIT.TRIP BEAT, the Puzzle Agent games, Angry Birds and the like, plus all the cool apps people talk about.
  • Hold out to see if the Wii U will be affordable/awesome at launch
  • Spend my money on all the new 3DS/Steam games coming out
  • Save my money for something better

Which do you recommend?

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Link245

1,340. Posted:

Okay, I have decided between what two Metroid games I want to buy. I cannot decide between the original Prime for Gamecube and Other M. Prime sounds good but I think the blend of 2D and 3D gameplay would be fun. Can someone help me decide between the two?
Also, I read about the bug in Other M with the door not opening because of the dual-layer disc. I've had my Wii since '06, do you think it would read it?

Currently Playing:
Xbox 360: Arkham City, MW3, Gears 3, UMV3, Battlefield 3
PS3: inFAMOUS 2, LBP 2. Rachet & Clank: All 4 One, Uncharted 3, Resistance 3
Xperia Play: Crash Bandicoot
iOS: Sonic CD, Infinity Blade, Arkham City Lockdown, Mega Man X, Chrono Trigger

My Gaming Blog at GameInformer