General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,301 to 1,320 of 1,717

AuthorMessage

HandheldGuru97

1,301. Posted:

Hi, I have 50 bucks should I buy Ghost Recon Shadow Wars for the 3DS or Radiant Historia for the DS.

Formally Square-enixFan, Neo-GeoFan. A lover of fine games and handhelds..(Tiger Game.com not included in either category!!!)
The 3DS XL is amazing. Much games... ^_^
Backloggery
Check my Youtube channel out!
http://www.youtube.com/user/HandheldGuru97

3DS Friend Code: 1289-8230-2854 | Nintendo Network ID: Square_Enix_Fan

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,302. Posted:

Popyman wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

I was thinking about those Veiwtiful Joe games a few months back. How are they? I played one of them for the PSP a few years ago (Red Hot Rumble I think it was called.) and it was really fun.

They're great! The first is the best but they're all pretty great. Red Hot Rumble is a fighting game though, the real games are beat 'em ups.

Thanks. :) I'll be sure to check em' out. The first game is only like, $5 at Gamestop anyway.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

bboy2970

1,303. Posted:

I've been playing a bit more PSP lately (gasp!) than what is usual for a crazed Nintendo fan such as myself. Since i'm a bit of a noob in the realm of Sony, I was wondering if anyone could tip me off to some great games on PSP. Now let me just say upfront that I am a very picky Sony gamer. PSP is not my main handheld and never will be. Therefore, I only buy the very cream of the crop kinds of titles. Taking it even further, I only really want the niche, creative games. You know, the kinds of games that aren't quite like anything else out there. In other words, no LBP, God of War, GTA, Rock Band, etc. Also, I use PSP go so if it ain't on the PS store, I can't get it. So, within those strict guidelines, can anyone recommend a PSP game for me? For reference, games I have downloaded and enjoyed include:
Patapon 2
Patapon 3
Loco Roco 2
Beats
Echochrome
Mercury Meltdown

My backloggery: http://backloggery.com/bboy2970

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,304. Posted:

Half-Minute Hero
The Badman series

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

geek-master

1,305. Posted:

im kinda in a pickle. my cousin is turning 11 tomarrow and i need to find a cheap gift. i was thinking of getting her portal 2 because it works on most mac's. also i think it is rated E10+? she loves games with humor and i think she would get most of the jokes. should i get her portal 2?

This is ground control to major Tom, you've really made the grade. And the papers want to know whose shirts you wear
Now it's time to leave the capsule if you dare

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,306. Posted:

I'm not really into the traditional bomberman games but platformers are one of my favourtie genres so would bomberman hero be a good purchase for me?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,307. Posted:

Should I get the Medabot and Shaman King games for Gameboy Advance or save the money for eSHOP? The games are both at 9 dollars right now.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,308. Posted:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Should I get the Medabot and Shaman King games for Gameboy Advance or save the money for eSHOP? The games are both at 9 dollars right now.

I'd say go for it. I had both and they're quite decent, though I am a fan of the animes.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Retro_on_theGo

1,309. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

I'd say go for it. I had both and they're quite decent, though I am a fan of the animes.

Ah,good to hear. I'll go pick them up this saturday then. Thanks for the help.

"When freaky aliens give you lemons, make freaky alien lemonade!" -Hades 3DS FC: 5026-4421-7593
Black 2 FC: 0605 4087 9952 My Backloggery
My Colors! 3D Gallery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,310. Posted:

Is anyone going to answer my bomberman query?

Edited on by FonistofCruxis

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

1,311. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Is anyone going to answer my bomberman query?

I would but I dont like the Bomberman series myself so I cant say. Just be patient someone might answer your question if not it might not be that no one has played said game. If you dont get an answer you can always check around on the web and see what reviews say about the game in question or made as someone at your local game store. I know I posted wanting some opinions on games and it took a few days for people to get back to me.

My Backlog

Proud owner of a Blue 3DSXL
Proud owner of a Deluxe Wii U
Proud owner of an Xbox 360
Proud owner of a PS4

Currently playing: See my Backlog.

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,312. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

I'm not really into the traditional bomberman games but platformers are one of my favourtie genres so would bomberman hero be a good purchase for me?

Yes. I'm in the same boat as you, I'm not a fan of the traditional Bomberman play-style, but Bomberman Hero is a great platformer.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,313. Posted:

Thanks, I'll download at some point then.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

RandomWiiPlayer

1,314. Posted:

Can anyone recommend a good RTS for the DS or 360? I've been getting into strategy games recently. Preferably the DS because the only games I have it are HeartGold and White. :P

The Game.

Is it after 9PM EST? You should probably ignore the above post.

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,315. Posted:

Ok, I'm thinking about getting a 3DS toward the end of June. I already plan on picking up Ocarina and Street Fighter, but is PilotWings any good?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

J-Forest-Esq

1,316. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Ok, I'm thinking about getting a 3DS toward the end of June. I already plan on picking up Ocarina and Street Fighter, but is PilotWings any good?

Pilotwings is OK. It's really good at what it does, it just doesn't do very much. There's not a great deal of variety to the levels, most of them are just flying through hoops, but when the missions do differ, they're very enjoyable. Free flight mode is a waste of time if you've already played Wii sports resort, and even if you haven't the ridiculously short time limit makes it unnecessarily pressured. So basically, it's not really worth the full retail price in my opinion, but if you can find it cheap somewhere then I'd recommend it.

"I think it's time we blow this scene, get everybody and the stuff together. OK, 3, 2, 1, let's jam."
I've brought the blade, you bring the claws!

AuthorMessage

SpriteKing

1,317. Posted:

Ok guys.
Chrono Trigger or Super Castlevania IV?

"Hey Strong Bad. You jumped over some of my buses!"
I don't have a backloggery, and if I did have one you wouldn't care
I will never have one tenth of an ioda of a clue as to why My Little Pony is only popular with 20+ year old males
Anamanaguchi is neat

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,318. Posted:

SpriteKing wrote:

Ok guys.
Chrono Trigger or Super Castlevania IV?

Depends on whether you prefer RPGs or Action Platformers, but I'm just gonna say Chrono Trigger.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,319. Posted:

I need some help. I wanna know get a PSP RPG game on the PSN store and I don't know which one I should get. Do you guys have any ideas? Also don't recommend any thing over 40 dollars ( I only have 38) nor anything not on the PSN store, Please and thank you.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,320. Posted:

Alundra
Arc The Lad 1 & II
Cladun: This is an RPG
Any of the Final Fantasies
Grandia
Half-Minute Hero
Jeanne d'Arc
The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky
Legend of Mana
Lunar: Silver Star Harmony
Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
Phantom Brave: The Hermuda Triangle
Phantasy Star Portable 2
Riviera: The Promised Land
Suikoden
Threads of Fate
Vagrant Story
Wild Arms
Wild Arms 2
Wild Arms XF
Xenogears
Yggdra Union
Ys: I & II Chronicles
Ys Seven
Ys: Oath in Felghana
Z.H.P.
The 3rd Birthday

Obviously I can see why you'd have trouble choosing.

Whatsay we just narrow it down to those 4 I posted in bold. I'll have descriptions and videos posted later.

As for my own question: Are the Summer Sale Minis worth the 5 dollar expense?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~