General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,281 to 1,300 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

dsmaster

1,281. Posted:

@Stine

If you are not going to get a PS3 then I would definitely recommend that you get Sonic Mega Collection Plus, as it is crammed with Sonic goodness. :) And if you happen to have a gamecube you might want to check out Sonic Gems Collection which has a couple of Game Gear games, some arcade games and Sonic CD! Finally (sorry this is so long) if you really like the selection of games in the Sonic Megadrive Collection then I would also recommend that but be aware that first of all there are some notable games missing, most notably from the Phantasy Star series and that some of the games are not exactly the best (Altered Beast....)

dsmaster

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,282. Posted:

Woah, I just noticed what the SEGA Mega Drive collection is. I thought it was the PS3 game.:/ I'd recommend getting the Sonic Collection and get the Ultimate Mega Drive Collection when you get a PS3. If you don't get a PS3, I guess the SMDC is worth grabbing...but it's missing so much! D= And IMHO, The Ultimate Collection takes out a lot of the crap (except for Altered Beast, which actually isn't that bad once you get used to it, but it's so damn frustrating).

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Stine

1,283. Posted:

Thanks guys. :) I think I'll get the Sonic Collection first, and wait and see what I'm doing about the Mega Drive collection.

3DS code: 2878-9571-7307
Wii code: 2620-3845-5888-0097
PSN ID: Stines92
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,284. Posted:

I've changed the title to make sure people understand that this topic covers everything and anything, even outside of games. to reiterate that, I'll ask this:

What should I have for dinner, Pizza or Popcorn chicken? The pizza's been in the fridge for a while, not sure if it's fresh, while the Popcorn chicken I got two days ago. Of course the Pizza won't get any more fresh, but it might last a few more days. Not sure about the chicken. Any advice?

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,285. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

What should I have for dinner, Pizza or Popcorn chicken? The pizza's been in the fridge for a while, not sure if it's fresh, while the Popcorn chicken I got two days ago. Of course the Pizza won't get any more fresh, but it might last a few more days. Not sure about the chicken. Any advice?

Both. Popcorn chicken pizza.

YOU'RE WELCOME

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,286. Posted:

Gawd, Why didn't I think of that! D: Thanks man, now I can eat!

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,287. Posted:

I was thinking about those Veiwtiful Joe games a few months back. How are they? I played one of them for the PSP a few years ago (Red Hot Rumble I think it was called.) and it was really fun.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,288. Posted:

What would you guys recommend for a Neogeo fighting game for me to get? King of Fighters maybe?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,289. Posted:

@Gmls King of Fighters is great if you're in to hardcore 2D fighters. I'd suggest KOF 2002 UM. It has the largest roster, the best gameplay and the most polish of any KOF game I've played yet. It's on XBLA and PS2. If not that, there are loads of other great SNK fighters. It's hard to go wrong as long as the game isn't too old: I recommend Garou: Mark of the Wolves, The Last Blade 2 or Capcom Vs. SNK 2: EO depending on your taste in fighters.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,290. Posted:

I second all of Holy Mackeral's suggestions, except replace KoF2002UM with King of Fighters '98 Ultimate Match (or the Wii Collection), since we did not get the PS2 version of 2002 Unlimited Match.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,291. Posted:

@Mickeymac It seems that most people like KOF2002UM over KOF98UM, mostly because it's almost an entirely different and improved game from 2002 due to many significant balance, roster and game system changes.

2002UM is almost like a "best of" of the KOF series (if not just the NESTS saga), so I highly recommend it if you can get your hands on it. FYI it features many KOF bosses including Omega Rugal, Geese, Nightmare Geese (from Real Bout Fatal Fury), Krizalid, Clone Zero, Original Zero, Igniz and Goenitz. It also has full 3D backgrounds (a la KOF 99 Evolution) and a SNK Sound Team-reminiscent quality soundtrack full of remixes and new tunes. They really put a lot of effort into it.

Fortunately I can play the PS2 version of 2002UM, but if you have a 360 then you can get it through XBLA with an exclusive online play mode(!)

Edited on by HolyMackerel

× steam

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,292. Posted:

@HolyMacandMickeyMac: Maybe I should have been more specfic.What I meant to say was what would you guys recommend for a Neogeo fighting game that's on the VC? Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,293. Posted:

@Gmls Oh lol. Isn't there a VC recommendations thread? This one is for all consoles. :P Well the only KOF games on VC are 94 and 95 and they are very dated.

If you're restricted to Wii games I think it would be smartest to go with the Samurai Shodown Anthology (highly recommended) or KOF Orochi Saga disc releases than VC titles. They're pretty cheap now IIRC and you'll get a lot more bang for your buck, not to mention the chance to try many of the games.

But if you simply must have just a VC title, then go with Samurai Shodown II or Fatal Fury 3. It's too bad there aren't any more recent SNK fighters on the VC because, well, they've come so far since then.

× steam

AuthorMessage

Morgana

1,294. Posted:

How is Style Savvy? I'm thinking about getting it and I want to know if it's good or not.

YOU WILL NEVER RISE FROM THE ASHES OF YOUR SHAME AND HUMILIATION!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,295. Posted:

Gmls719 wrote:

@HolyMacandMickeyMac: Maybe I should have been more specfic.What I meant to say was what would you guys recommend for a Neogeo fighting game that's on the VC? Sorry if I wasn't clear enough.

Knew it! KNEW IT! Got a whole post prepared for it too until I read HMack's post. I suggest Fatal Fury Special or Samurai Shodown if you want one now, but otherwise I suggest waiting for King of Fighters '96, which is the start of a grand crescendo of great Neo Geo Fighting games.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Simmer_E

1,296. Posted:

The Sims 3

For Xbox 360 or Wii?

Simmer_E

Nintendo Network ID: Simmer_E | Twitter: Simmer_E

AuthorMessage

Hero_of_Time

1,297. Posted:

Is Drill Dozer good?

Proud owner of every Official Zelda Game
3DS Ambassador = Very yes

AuthorMessage

TeeJay

1,298. Posted:

I'm eager to know how Sims 3 3DS will turn out. There's next to no information online. Nobody seems interested in making an in-depth review. I guess I'm more excited about this than most people because this will be my first Sims game.

Tumblr Ask Blog: http://ask-aqua-marine-pony.tumblr.com

3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,299. Posted:

Hero of Time wrote:

Is Drill Dozer good?

Yes, in Short. It's very good, very fun, very unique, and very easy (at least, the first half is, kinda gets harder in the latter half). It's also has a decent length is you plan to get everything.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Popyman

1,300. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

I was thinking about those Veiwtiful Joe games a few months back. How are they? I played one of them for the PSP a few years ago (Red Hot Rumble I think it was called.) and it was really fun.

They're great! The first is the best but they're all pretty great. Red Hot Rumble is a fighting game though, the real games are beat 'em ups.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!