General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,261 to 1,280 of 1,758

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,261. Posted:

What Should I get, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Vanquish, or Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,262. Posted:

@Edhe

Ridge Racers - A very cool racing game with some really awe-inspiringly colorful and awesome tracks and an intensely awesome techno soundtrack. It has alot of retro bringbacks to the original Ridge Racer, is really fast-paced and really awesome, especially if you play it in first-person.

Ape Escape: On the Loose - An excellent port of the original Ape Escape. Gameplay is completely unscathed and it's nice to play one of the best platformers ever made on a portable device.

Sega Genesis Collection - Tons of fantastic gems from the Sega Genesis for really cheap. Shinobi III, Sonic 1 & 2, Golden Axe 1-3, Phantasy Star 2-4, etc... It's also a pretty good price nowadays for 28 games (14-25$)

So, if you're thinking of getting any games, I'd definitely recommend those three.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

1,263. Posted:

I was wondering, has any one played SSF4? For someone who only has ever played Melee and Brawl, would this be fun?

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

triforceofcourage

1,264. Posted:

Cave Story vs Shantae? Only have enough points for one. Which one is the one?

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

1,265. Posted:

triforceofcourage wrote:

Cave Story vs Shantae? Only have enough points for one. Which one is the one?

Both are outstanding games and offer pretty similar experiences, so either one would be a great choice. Ultimately though, Cave Story is one of the all-time greats so I have to say that one

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,266. Posted:

"What Should I get, Marvel vs. Capcom 3, Vanquish, or Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage?"

I ended up getting Vanquish, and I'll get Marvel vs. Capcom 3 hopefully some time next month.

peterifico wrote:

I was wondering, has any one played SSF4? For someone who only has ever played Melee and Brawl, would this be fun?

Who knows. Street Fighter is good for newcomers to the genre. Just understand that it's nothing like Brawl whatsoever. They're not even the same genre. Brawl is more of a competitive Platforming action game, Super Street Fighter is a 1-on-1 Fighting game. Perhaps you'll like it for what it is. I know I had no trouble getting into Super Street Fighter 2 despite having little experience with the genre.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

RogueBologna

1,267. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

peterifico wrote:

Who knows. Street Fighter is good for newcomers to the genre. Just understand that it's nothing like Brawl whatsoever. They're not even the same genre. Brawl is more of a competitive Platforming action game, Super Street Fighter is a 1-on-1 Fighting game. Perhaps you'll like it for what it is. I know I had no trouble getting into Super Street Fighter 2 despite having little experience with the genre.

okay, i might rent it to see first. thanks!

3DS Friend Code: 4768-7445-0519

AuthorMessage

Timwario

1,268. Posted:

Is Borderlands is any good? I don't know if I'll like it because I usually don't like RPG elements. I just prefer simplistic games most of the time. But even if I like simplistic games more, I doesn't mean I don't enjoy games with RPG elements sometimes. In fact, I was just checking out the review on IGN. I first saw the written review but didn't read it all, and I saw a screenshot that showed your inventory, and there were a whole bunch of weapons. One was selected and it showed it's damage, accuracy, fire rate, ect. under the image it said "If this screen isn't interesting to you, you might not like Borderlands." And I was actually interested. I watched the video review and it looked like an interesting game. Do you think I'll really like it, or will I be overwhelmed by all of the stats and all of the RPG stuff?

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,269. Posted:

@peterifico

And I wish you the best of luck. It is, in my firm opinion, one of the greatest fighting games of all time.

Timwario wrote:

Is Borderlands is any good? I don't know if I'll like it because of all the RPG elements. I just prefer simplistic games most of the time. But even if I like simplistic games more, I doesn't mean I don't enjoy games with RPG elements sometimes. In fact, I was just checking out the review on IGN. I first saw the written review but didn't read it all, and I saw a screenshot that showed your inventory, and there were a whole bunch of weapons. One was selected and it showed it's damage, accuracy, fire rate, ect. under the image it said "If this screen isn't interesting to you, you might not like Borderlands." And I was actually interested. I watched the video review and it looked like an interesting game. Do you think I'll really like it, or will I be overwhelmed by all of the stats and all of the RPG stuff?

The Diablo style elements just make the game more addicting since you'll be wanting to upgrade your specs and grab new guns as you go. Otherwise it is a pretty simple FPS.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Timwario

1,270. Posted:

@Mickeymac
Thanks! I'll probably rent it!

Timwario

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,271. Posted:

Are the luminous arc games worth getting?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,272. Posted:

^Everything I've seen and read points to Luminous Arc being a very standard SRPG. If you like that kinda stuff, and can't get enough of sRPGs, It's probably worth a buy, especially now that its prices are going down.

Should I get Marvel VS Capcom 3 or Radiant Historia?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Pastry

1,273. Posted:

I don't know if this is the right place to put this but...

I got a Playstation 2 a few days ago and I am looking for game recommendations. I already have KH 1 and 2.
The genres I especially like are RPGs, Platformers and Adventure games.
Some games I'm already planning to get are Okami, Silent Hill 2, Megaman Collection, Final Fantasy X and DQ VIII.

BTW, If there are ANY games KINDA like Paper Mario or Mario & Luigi I would like to hear about them.

Here is My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,274. Posted:

RPGs:
Xenosaga
Dark Cloud
Persona 3
Shadow Hearts: Covenant
Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne
Breath of Fire: Dragon's Quarters
Metal Saga
Tales of the Abyss
Final Fantasy X
Grandia II
Rogue Galaxy
Suikoden III
Odin Sphere
Wild Arms 3
Valkyrie Profile 2
Samurai Legend Musashi
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time

Platformers: Sly Cooper, Ratchet & Clank, Klonoa 2, Jak & Daxter, Maximo, Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time, Spider Man 2

Adventure games: Okami, Shadow of the Collosus, Metal Gear Solid 3, Beyond Good and Evil

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,275. Posted:

Thanks. I haven't played many srpgs and since it's just average, if I do get it, that won't be for a while.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

estoiagamer

1,276. Posted:

what should i buy? crystal bearers or darkside chronicles.
Crystal costs 6 and a half euros more than darkside but both are good. which one?

My game collection:Wii Sports,Star Wars The Force Unleashed,Link`s Crossbow Training,Golden Compass,Battalion Wars 2,Dirt 2,Equilibrio,World of Goo,Madworld and Deadly Creatures.

AuthorMessage

KanrakusPizza

1,277. Posted:

Should I get Battlefield Bad Company 2, or save up for Modern Warfare 2? (on steam)

wont be on here anymore

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,278. Posted:

@Estoiagamer

Crystal Bearers was a mess IMO, riddled with bugs, a bad camera, and questionable gameplay choices. I wouldn't recommend it. I know nothing about Darkside Chronicles, though.

@KanrakusPizza

You got any friends who play those? Battlefield especially is only fun with friends, but I hear they beefed up the singleplayer in BC2 this time around. Still having friends in Multiplayer that you can coordinate with goes a long way in increasing your mileage with both games.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Stine

1,279. Posted:

Should I get Sonic Mega Collection Plus or the Sega Mega Drive Collection or both? I've never played any of the games in the collections, and they're both really cheap right now. Or should I just wait for the day that I get a PS3 (which might be never) and get the ultimate collection then?

3DS code: 2878-9571-7307
Wii code: 2620-3845-5888-0097
PSN ID: Stines92
My Backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,280. Posted:

Get Both. SMC+ Has a bunch of fun Game Gear games that weren't included in the Mega Drive Collection. SMC+ should be cheap to get nowadays, and I shouldn't have to mention the great deal that is SMDC, all in 60 Hz.:) I wonder if the European version of SMC for the Gamecube had all the great extras the NTSC version did?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~