General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,241 to 1,260 of 1,777

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,241. Posted:

The Professor Layton games are some of the best on the DS. Try Professor Layton and the curious village and then if you like it, get pandora's box and the lost future as well.

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,242. Posted:

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?_dyncharset=ISO-8859-...

Get Dragon Quest IX.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

1,243. Posted:

Can I post my full video game wishlist here? It's really long and covers many consoles? Basically I want to see if you can help me find some deals or get them cheaper?

Souls are for the weak. I flow with the darkness on the pathway of depression.

Twitter: Melvin2898

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,244. Posted:

melvin2898 wrote:

Can I post my full video game wishlist here? It's really long and covers many consoles? Basically I want to see if you can help me find some deals or get them cheaper?

I doubt anyone will be able to help you, especially with such a long list. A lot of older games have gotten cheaper over time though, so just look around. I'd recommend Amazon.com to look for lowered game prices.

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] PhoenixCake: my brother is such a dope >___>.

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,245. Posted:

If you're looking for deals you should really do it on your own. Most people will only be able to find deals in their area and this is an international site. Your best bet is to do an online search of Amazon, eBay and whatever game retailer websites you trust to find the deals you'd be satisfied with. Also you'll need a credit card or a PayPal account to make the online purchases. You don't need to enlist our help to do an internet search. :P

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

1,246. Posted:

The longest list is my DS one. The rest are pretty short. I won't post the Wiiware and DSi games which are larger but those games are smaller and cheaper.

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,247. Posted:

melvin2898 wrote:

The longest list is my DS one. The rest are pretty short. I won't post the Wiiware and DSi games which are larger but those games are smaller and cheaper.

Did you even read the above post?

which was 10x more helpful and informational than mine even though that's what I pretty much wanted to say

AuthorMessage

melvin2898

1,248. Posted:

zezhyrule wrote:

melvin2898 wrote:

Did you even read the above post?
I did read the "above post" or as I would say it "the post above".
which was 10x more helpful and informational than mine even though that's what I pretty much wanted to say

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

1,249. Posted:

Hello there, anyone know which of these PS2 RPGs is best? Arc the lad Twilight os the spirits, Grandia 2, or Breath of fire Dragon quarter?

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,250. Posted:

Grandia 2 is great. Tons of classic RPG appeal there. Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter is supposed to be really good too (although a bit opinion-dividing), but I haven't played it.

× steam

AuthorMessage

Twilight_Crow

1,251. Posted:

Oh what a fast responce, Grandia 2 uh? Sounds nice. Thank you HolyMackerel. :)

"And my soul from out that shadow that lies floating on the floor, Shall be lifted nevermore!"

"I'll just have to STOP. TIME!" - Twilight Sparkle
Our little MLP fanfic on EQD:The Perfect Night Sky
More pony stuff on my FimFiction.net userpage.
My Luna toy's ask tumblr!
My incomplete Backloggery!

Nintendo Network ID: Twilight_Crow

AuthorMessage

edhe

1,252. Posted:

I might be looking to get a cheap PSP (solely because of the impending Tactics Ogre Re-release), and would like some suggestions on games that are well regarded.

I know the PSP is well served with JRPGs, and honestly, Tactics Ogre will be all the JRPG i'll need for a long time, so I'm looking for a wide range of genres.

So...any suggestions? (Download or retail incl.)

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?
You cannot #StopGamerGate

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,253. Posted:

@edhe Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, LocoRoco 2, PataPon, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, DJMax Portable 3, Power Stone Collection.

× steam

AuthorMessage

SuperPeach

1,254. Posted:

HolyMackerel wrote:

@edhe Monster Hunter Freedom Unite, LocoRoco 2, PataPon, Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker, DJMax Portable 3, Power Stone Collection.

MHFU is super awesomeness! LocoRoco 2... not so much :/ everyone has there own tastes but I didn't like it. Patapon 2 is also good. Me and My Katamari looks good too, also Daxter is cheap and from what I've heard pretty good, also Little Big Planet.

Edited on by SuperPeach

SuperPeach

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,255. Posted:

@edhe: Can't forget Ratchet and Clank Size Matters and of course the previously mentioned MGS PW. Both of the PSP MGS games are in a bundle for like $25 I think? The price just permanently went down for that bundle yesterday so I'm not sure.

The rest of the games on my PSP wishlist are RPGs... :P

btw I have played both of the recommended titles, just don't own them :3

AuthorMessage

edhe

1,256. Posted:

Some great suggestions - particularly Monster Hunter, which I somehow forgot about (despite it emmigrating from the PSP).

I'll probably look into PSN for PSP as well. Does PSN require a subscription fee though?

Also, can someone explain how regional releases work with the PSN? I'm looking at a Wikipedia article, and while the European list seems especially barren (and the NA seems devoid of many Japanese games), it still says at the top "Unlike the original games, the games downloaded are not restricted by region locking."

What does this actually mean in practice?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,257. Posted:

edhe wrote:

Some great suggestions - particularly Monster Hunter, which I somehow forgot about (despite it emmigrating from the PSP).

I'll probably look into PSN for PSP as well. Does PSN require a subscription fee though?

Also, can someone explain how regional releases work with the PSN? I'm looking at a Wikipedia article, and while the European list seems especially barren (and the NA seems devoid of many Japanese games), it still says at the top "Unlike the original games, the games downloaded are not restricted by region locking."

What does this actually mean in practice?

No subscription fees required. You can subscribe to Playstation Plus, but that just gets you discounts.

Region-locking...I'm not sure about that. I think you can't access the japanese PS Store via the PSP, as I unfortunately found out. You can, however, access foriegn stores via the MediaGo, which is a program for your computer. Things get more tricky from there, though. I suggest look up more information. I know I only have access to my Japanese content so long as I don't download US content, but then I don't have access to my US content until I activate my PSP (not activate as in turning on, but...something else having to do with the PS Store).

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

edhe

1,258. Posted:

Well the good news is that my sister is sending me her old PSP 2000 model. Gratis.

So if it comes down to it, perhaps I can buy a Cheap PSP for other regions - If it's neccesary, of course.

Star Ocean is available in Europe, but, apparently, Suikoden is only available in North America.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Follow a cow?

AuthorMessage

zezhyrule

1,259. Posted:

Oh yeah the MGS deal I mentioned was for the US PS (not USPS... I think you get it) store. Not sure about other regions :3

Edited on by zezhyrule

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,260. Posted:

Btw, games I'd recommend:

Daxter
Risistance Retribution
Wipeout Pure/Pulse
Darkstalkers Chronicles
Star Ocean
Breath of Fire III
Street Fighter Alpha 3 Max
Syphon Filter Logan's Shadow/Dark Mirror
Mega Man Maverick Hunter X
Metal Gear Solid Peace Walker

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~