General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,221 to 1,240 of 1,782

AuthorMessage

GreenThunder

1,221. Posted:

Hello,I'm looking for a good PS3 game to play, but I narrowed down my decisions due to my budget right now. I'm gonna get a PS3 for Christmas, with Uncharted 2. Heres the games I'm interested in and can afford:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Uncharted (the first one)
Killzone 2
Dead Space
Ratchet and Clank: Tools of Destruction
Fallout 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Tomb Raider Underworld
Valkyria Chronicles

So there they are. I can only get one for now. Which one should I get? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

GreenThunder

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,222. Posted:

GreenThunder wrote:

Hello,I'm looking for a good PS3 game to play, but I narrowed down my decisions due to my budget right now. I'm gonna get a PS3 for Christmas, with Uncharted 2. Heres the games I'm interested in and can afford:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Killzone 2
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Tomb Raider Underworld
Valkyria Chronicles

So there they are. I can only get one for now. Which one should I get? Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Only get Fallout if it's the Game of the Year Edition, because if you love it, it'll have all the DLC, amnd trust me, if you love it, you'll want. Otherwise the only one I can recommend is Dead Space, but it doesn't have much replay. If Ratchet & Clank Future is anything like it's predecessors, though, it'll be worth it.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,223. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

My Suggestions:

• There's a Patapon 3 coming out soon, so I can't recommend Patapon 2, even for that low a price.

Sorry for going off-topic, but wasn't that supposed to come out in like September? What happened to it?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

1,224. Posted:

@GreenThunder:
Ratchet & Clank: Tools of Destruction
Only Get Fallout 3 if you can get the GOTY Edition.

Here's a new suggestion:
Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection (It has a sh*tload of amazing titles and it's $20 new on GameStop.)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,225. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

My Suggestions:

• There's a Patapon 3 coming out soon, so I can't recommend Patapon 2, even for that low a price.

Sorry for going off-topic, but wasn't that supposed to come out in like September? What happened to it?

Yeah, it's now apparently releasing in March. I dunno why, though. To beat the Xmas rush? Now there's too many games in that one Quarter.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

triforceofcourage

1,226. Posted:

Buy monster hunter tri. great game cheap at gamestop now.

monster hunter tri: name: hakota HR 140+ / flipy HR 1 On: every other dayish.
Current games: MHT, Kirbys Epic Yarn, SMG2, SSFIV.
3DS friend code: 3823 - 8517 - 3969
Wishlist: OoT3D, Mariokart3D, Kid icarus 3D, LoZ Skyward sword, and (in my imagination) Monster Hunter 3D.

AuthorMessage

salty1264

1,227. Posted:

GreenThunder wrote:

Batman Arkham Asylum
Killzone 2
Dead Space
Fallout 3
Ninja Gaiden Sigma
Tomb Raider Underworld
Valkyria Chronicles

id actually go with kill zone 2

have a wii,dsi, gba and gcn but getting a 3ds and ps3. my fave game of alltime for all systems is black ops on wii

AuthorMessage

HolyMackerel

1,228. Posted:

@GreenThunder I hear Valkyria Chronicles is an amazing game.

× steam

3DS Friend Code: 4098-3796-9042

AuthorMessage

DannyBoyTheDude

1,229. Posted:

I was just given a 2000 points card and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I was thinking Shantae and Mighty Flip Champs but is there any other games on the Wii or DSi that anybody thinks I should get instead?

Megaloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,230. Posted:

DannyBoyTheDude wrote:

I was just given a 2000 points card and I'm not sure what to spend it on. I was thinking Shantae and Mighty Flip Champs but is there any other games on the Wii or DSi that anybody thinks I should get instead?

Judging from the reviews, rewards, and gameplay videos, I don't see how you could go wrong, provided you like the kinds of games they are.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

LordJumpMad

1,231. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

DannyBoyTheDude wrote:

Judging from the reviews, rewards, and gameplay videos, I don't see how you could go wrong, provided you like the kinds of games they are.

There both good games..but, if you haven't played CaveStory, it more bang for your Buck!.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
University of ⓂⒶⒹness
LordJumpMad's Theme

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter: LordJumpMad

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,232. Posted:

JumpMad wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

DannyBoyTheDude wrote:

There both good games..but, if you haven't played CaveStory, it more bang for your Buck!.

I forgot about Cavestory, but isn't the DSiware version a port of the PC version? Not that it brings it down or anything, especially since it's portable, but I don't think it had the replay of the Wiiware version...oh wait, he's asking for Wiiware too, isn't he? My bad. Yeah, Cave Story's a good way to go, too, I agree.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Joetherocker

1,233. Posted:

I have 1,500 points to spend, but I'm not sure what to buy. I like pretty much every kind of game, and already have Cave Story and World of Goo. What should I buy?

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

AuthorMessage

Punny

1,234. Posted:

@Joetherocker: I really enjoyed And Yet It Moves and Fluidity. Be sure to give those a try (check out the demos first, just in case :)). I also hear that Sonic the Hedgehog 4: Episode 1 is good, too. :)

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

Joetherocker

1,235. Posted:

My brother tried the Fluidity demo and immediately decided to buy it himself, saving me the 1,200 points I was going to use on it. :D I'll take a look at the And Yet It Moves demo. Thanks!

Wild signature appeared!

3DS FC: 4270-1110-7770

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,236. Posted:

I'm deciding if I should re-buy A Link to the Past/4 Swords or just download it off VC. I'd rather get the GBA title again but its probably harder to find now and I'm not big on shopping on Amazon and stuff. Plus, I might need to buy another Game Boy because my DS Lite's L and R buttons are shot. So, any suggestions?

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,237. Posted:

Do you have anybody to play 4 swords with? If not the extras in the GBA version are kinda pointless if I recall correctly. You'd be better off with the VC version then because of the bigger screen and music.

Mecha Wolf Prime

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,238. Posted:

I don't really care about 4 Swords honestly. So I guess I'll be downloading ALttP this weekend!
Those 2000 points have been driving me crazy.

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

1,239. Posted:

Hey, I'm going to get a DS Game, but I can't decide between a Professor Layton game or the Drawn To Life Collection on DS. I've heard really good things about the Professor Layton series and the Drawn to Life series. I'm kind of leaning towards Drawn to Life Collection because it's 2 games, but I've always wanted to try a Professor Layton game. Any advice?

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

1,240. Posted:

Oh yeah, Dragon Quest IX is now a choice, too! :)

Nintenzo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Akantares