General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,757

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

121. Posted:

Twario wrote:

Should I get castlevainia IV? I want to get it, but it looks too hard. Is it extremely difficult?

It's hard, but it's surprisingly less frustrating than the rest of the series, plus you've got infinite continues.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

122. Posted:

Should I email The Tetris Company about Tetris Attack and if Nintendo have permission to release the game on the Virtual Console with the original name?

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

123. Posted:

Buy the original Transformers Decepticons for DS; it's quite good.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

124. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

Should I email The Tetris Company about Tetris Attack and if Nintendo have permission to release the game on the Virtual Console with the original name?

Why? We already have Pokemon Puzzle League. Don't say because you don't like Pokemon. That doesn't even count as an excuse it's so horrible.
But if you want to, knock yourself out.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

125. Posted:

marktheshark wrote:

It's a weird question, but should I get a 3DO or a Neo Geo CD? I heard that the 3DO has a lot of good games for the system, but the Neo CD also has some pretty fun games & the load times on some of the later games on there don't bother me too much.

I can't speak for the Neo Geo but playing the 3DO sure brings back some fond memories.
You should be able to get a 3DO and a bunch of games for about $80 on eBay.
It's probably worth it just to play Road Rash and Return Fire in their original format.
Also Shockwave Assault 2, Gex, FIFA, etc.
The 3DO held the best version of FIFA International Soccer (as it was the only 32-bit version of the game).
Out of This World and Alone in the Dark are both weird games that are very subjective. You may love these games, hate these games, or be rather indifferent to them.

If you have $80 burning a hole in your pocket then the 3DO isn't a bad choice. If you're like Corbie, however (at least, I think it was him), and you are considering selling every game you have in order to purchase one, then I would recommend against it.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

126. Posted:

@cheetahman91: It's not because I hate Pokemon (In fact, it used to be one of my Nintendo big three and I do have Pokemon Puzzle League on the Virtual Console). It's because Japan got it, why shouldn't I contact them about Tetris Attack statue on the Virtual Console? Also, some people actually do want this over the Pokemon version because they probably always disliked Pokemon? On top of that, if they approve of it, they might show interest in releasing Tetris games on the Virtual Console?

This game has one of the easiest licensing issue to fix and I'm going to attempt to fix that by asking a question.

Anyone else would recommend it? I'm going to contact The Tetris Company now.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

127. Posted:

So nobody's played Deadly Creatures? I need to know if it's worth playing...

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

128. Posted:

@SSBF1999: Like I said before, the people pulling the "I don't want this game 'cause I hate Pokemon" is completly idiotic and pathetic.
Also, I'm kinda interested in what The Tetris Company has to say about this. Think you could post a response, pretty please? I'll shut up about Tetris Attack if you do.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

129. Posted:

A quick email ne'er hurt nobody...unless it's got viruses. Nobody wins with viruses.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

130. Posted:

@cheetahman91: Of course I will. I will not keep this a secret unless I am ask by The Tetris Company to do so. BTW, here's my email. It's pretty long, so you might want a snack:

"Hello there. I have been a loyal Tetris fan every since I've gotten the game on the Game Boy and loved the franchise ever since. However, I'm not here to praise you (Although you do deserve a LOT of it), I need to ask you a question about the Virtual Console. Please don't send a generic boring response that answer nothing and cause even more confusion. I want a stright-out answer from the highest person in rank that you can send this to, even though just someone with knowledge about this would be good enough.

I've been wondering about the statue of a game called "Tetris Attack" for the Super Nintendo Entertainment System release on the Virtual Console in North America and Europe. Despite the name, it has nothing to do with the main Tetris formula. As a matter of fact, it has almost nothing to do with Tetris in general. It's the gameplay out of the Puzzle League series, such as this game, Pokemon Puzzle League for the Nintendo 64, and Planet Puzzle League for the Nintendo DS. In short, the game is completely different from the Tetris games we all know in love.

In case you haven't heard, the game has indeed been release on the Virtual Console in Japan, but it has yet to arrive in North America, Europe, or Australia and we have no idea if we'll ever see it. As a result, it has come to my conculsion that I needed an answer to the question that everyone who is a true Puzzle League fan wants to know. If Nintendo were to release the game in North America/Europe/Australia for the Virtual Console under it's original title, beforehand, would you give them permission to release it under the original title? I know Nintendo no longer owns the right to the Tetris name, but would this prevent a Virtual Console release outside of Japan?

Please respond via email to ******************* and give us a real answer. If someone with knowledge on this can answer this, I will deeply apperatice it."

Do you think I'll get an response? BTw, the reason the word in the last paragraph was censored is to avoid giving out my email.

Edited on by astarisborn94

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

131. Posted:

That's well written. Wonder if they'll do what you asked and lay off of the business-like response... Also, good to see you eliminated you e-mail address. Have to be careful with stuff like that.

Edited on by cheetahman91

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

132. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

That's well written. Wonder if they'll do what you asked and lay off of the business-like response... Also, good to see you eliminated you e-mail address. Have to be careful with stuff like that.

Thanks for the compliment. If they lay-off the business-like response, it could go either way. The bad one is where they found out that Tetris Attack was released on the Virtual Console in Japan under the original title and Nintendo get sued up the ass by them. The good one is that they say they don't have a problem with this one game because the gameplay is different, so they'll allow it completely intact. And the middle way (Most likely) is that they won't approve of the name, but they'll be fine with the release as long Nintendo can change the name. Let's hope the email isn't bad news for us and Nintendo.

Look forward to an response.

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

133. Posted:

Super+Smash+Bros wrote:

cheetahman91 wrote:

Thanks for the compliment. If they lay-off the business-like response, it could go either way. The bad one is where they found out that Tetris Attack was released on the Virtual Console in Japan under the original title and Nintendo get sued up the ass by them. The good one is that they say they don't have a problem with this one game because the gameplay is different, so they'll allow it completely intact. And the middle way (Most likely) is that they won't approve of the name, but they'll be fine with the release as long Nintendo can change the name. Let's hope the email isn't bad news for us and Nintendo.

Look forward to an response.

Hehe yeah you may have just inadvertantly caused Nintendo some serious problems there! :p

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Adam

134. Posted:

Fortunately for Nintendo, Panel de Pon came before Tetris Attack, and Japan never had a version with the Tetris name in it (even the Yoshi-themed version was called Yoshi's Panel de Pon, but that was on Satellaview), so the VC version you refer to does not expose Nintendo to any risk at all. Don't worry about your letter. It's fine just as it is.

It's not like a game company as big as Tetris Company isn't aware of any and all puzzle games being released already, anyway. They've got their eyes peeled for stuff like this after a long history of having their bread and butter IP stolen.

Edited on by Adam

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

135. Posted:

@Adam: Thanks for some good news, I needed some after a bad day at school (Not really, but at some point it did suck).

astarisborn94

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

136. Posted:

Is Romancing SaGa for the PS2 any good? At least compared to its SNES version? Hyadain's video got me really interested in it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

137. Posted:

Should I or should I not do a marathon of the entire Sonic series?

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

cheetahman91

138. Posted:

No. But if you do, skip most of the 3D ones and most of the MS/GG ones.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

139. Posted:

cheetahman91 wrote:

No. But if you do, skip most of the 3D ones and most of the MS/GG ones.

The 3D ones are the ones I want to play the most.:( The 2D ones are really hard, and I'm not sure if I'd be up to the challenge. That's kinda why I'm askin' here.

...I suppose I could just start with the 3D ones, then do the 2D ones afterwards.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

astarisborn94

140. Posted:

I can't believe I'm asking this but I'm thinking. Should I get NHK 2K10 and Tiger Wood PGA Tour '10 or New Super Mario Bros. Wii, two Wii Point Card, and another Wii game with a price of $30 or below?

astarisborn94