Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,181 to 1,200 of 1,991

irken004

turtlelink wrote:

I'm thinking of getting either Megaman 10 or Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
I'm in for a challenge with MM10 but I also want a good beat em up. I don't have many beat em ups but I also haven't got a Megaman game in a long time! So, any suggestions?

Meeeeegggga Maaaaannnn.

turtlelink

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

I'm in for a challenge with MM10 but I also want a good beat em up. I don't have many beat em ups but I also haven't got a Megaman game in a long time! So, any suggestions?

Meeeeegggga Maaaaannnn.

Robot Masters: 1
Sex Bomb-Ombs: 0

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Scott Pilgrim's on sale, get it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

Mickeymac wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Scott Pilgrim's on sale, get it.

Thanks for the tip.

TurtleLink's backloggery

CanisWolfred

Should I keep trying to get Waveboy to sell me his Wii copy of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, or should I just give up and but a cheap PS2 copy from Gamestop?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

Should I keep trying to get Waveboy to sell me his Wii copy of Guilty Gear XX Accent Core Plus, or should I just give up and but a cheap PS2 copy from Gamestop?

Get the PS2 copy.

Edited on by irken004

CanisWolfred

@irken

Thanks for that.

@lockd

I'm no computer expert, but I will say I'm worried about the weight of the Inspiration Duo. From what I hear, it's pretty heavy, heavier than the iPad, and that thing isn't exactly a feather, either. You don't really want a portable device that's so heavy it becomes hard to hold, though I suppose that's why its a convertible, but you'd think you'd be better off with a laptop at that point unless you really need the touch pad. In all honesty, I have to ask: how frequently do you think you'd need to switch between a laptop and a touch screen?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

I need to finish up my Christmas wishlist so I need some help picking out a few games.

1. Should I get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? It seems like a fun, simple fighting game with interesting characters.

2. Should I get The Sly Collection or Valkyrie Chronicles? I know Sly has 3 games but I I have enough platformers on the PS3. But I don't have an RPG and this one has a cool blend of RPG and a little bit of third person shooting. I also love the graphics.

TurtleLink's backloggery

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

I need to finish up my Christmas wishlist so I need some help picking out a few games.

1. Should I get Tatsunoko vs. Capcom? It seems like a fun, simple fighting game with interesting characters.

2. Should I get The Sly Collection or Valkyrie Chronicles? I know Sly has 3 games but I I have enough platformers on the PS3. But I don't have an RPG and this one has a cool blend of RPG and a little bit of third person shooting. I also love the graphics.

Tatsunoko vs. Capcom is a deceptively simple game, which is a good thing. Super Smash Bros. is deceptively simple, too. It's easy to get into, awesome characters, and IMO, there's plenty to go back for...but I still wouldn't buy it at full price. I think it's $30 nowadays, though, so I'd say its worth it.

As for the Sly Collection vs. Valkyria Chronicles...well, first off, make sure you know that VC is a Strategy RPG mixed with TPS elements. Secondsly, I must ask if you have a PSP? 'Cuz if you do, you might be better off getting VC2 or VC3 and skip the first one for now, or at the very least you can play the demoes of those games. They already made the first game into an anime if you must know the story. But that's as much as I can say about it. I haven't played VC1, but I have played the Sly Cooper trilogy as the 3 individual games on the PS2, and they were among the best on the system, IMHO.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Samurai Shodown Anthology - how should I consider this beat? When I beat every game on it at least once?

No More Heroes 2 - should I wait to play it until after I've played NMH1, even though I don't have that game?

Sin & Punishment 2 - Should I wait to play it until after I finish S&P1?

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Oboro Muramasa) - Should I wait to play it until after I finish Odin Sphere?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

Naw, they're both almost completely different in terms of story.

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Naw, they're both almost completely different in terms of story.

Thanks. So is Odin Sphere and Muramasa, now that I think about it, but I'll still flip a coin on that.

NMH is a connected story, but I can't find NMH1 anywhere. Should I just skip it and play the superior successor instead?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

Okay, I'm getting a $20 PSN card sometime soon. I'm getting two PS1 games (imports bullet hell games ) And I'm gonna have $8 left. I don't really now what to get on the PSPS for $8. Any recommendations? And I saw a few while browsing that might be interesting....
Some that caught my eye:
Buzz: Master Quiz ($7.99)
Guilty Gear Judgement ($5.99)
LocoRoco 2 ($7.99)
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival ($7.49)
Patapon 2 ($7.99)
Rock Band Unplugged Lite ($4.99)
UNO PSP ($7.99)
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord! 1 and 2 ($5.99 and $7.99, respectfully)
Tetris ($4.99)
Warhawk ($5.99)
WipeOut ($5.99)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

CanisWolfred

Xkhaoz wrote:

Okay, I'm getting a $20 PSN card sometime soon. I'm getting two PS1 games (imports bullet hell games ) And I'm gonna have $8 left. I don't really now what to get on the PSPS for $8. Any recommendations? And I saw a few while browsing that might be interesting....
Some that caught my eye:
Buzz: Master Quiz ($7.99)
Guilty Gear Judgement ($5.99)
LocoRoco 2 ($7.99)
LocoRoco Midnight Carnival ($7.49)
Patapon 2 ($7.99)
Rock Band Unplugged Lite ($4.99)
UNO PSP ($7.99)
What Did I Do to Deserve This, My Lord! 1 and 2 ($5.99 and $7.99, respectfully)
Tetris ($4.99)
Warhawk ($5.99)
WipeOut ($5.99)

My Suggestions:

• Warhawk and Wipeout have aged poorly. You can do better with your $8 than with those.
  • Tetris? You can get that on your DSi, or your calculator, or virtually any other platform. Do you really need it on the PSP?
  • Play the demoes of the My Lord games. They're fun if you can get into them, but they're frustrating as hell if you can't wrap your head around the concept. The demo convinced me, and I've sunk tons of hours into them, so I think they're worth checking out before you decide one way or the other.
  • Can't comment on UNO since I hate UNO.
  • Rock Band Unplugged was very good, but I suggest checking out how much content the "Lite" version has before you decide.
  • There's a Patapon 3 coming out soon, so I can't recommend Patapon 2, even for that low a price.
  • Midnight Carnival was the worst LocoRoco game in the series, IMO.
  • LocoRoco 2's a pretty good choice, actually. Plenty of content, and if you liked the first, you'll like this one. Too bad I didn't like it.
  • Guilty Gear Judgment is the best deal in my opinion. You get a beat 'em up that's actually pretty fun while it lasts, AND it comes with a mondo deep yet surprisingly accessible fighting game that'll have you playing for hours, even if it's just to mess around and see what the highest air combo you can make is, all for $6. Those PSOne games you mentioned don't even come with that amount of replayability. Unless you hate fighting games, I'd say go for it.
  • No comment on Buzz Quiz.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

@Mickey Thanks for the suggestions. I've been wanting a more "serious" fighting game for a little bit, so I might get GGJ, but I loved the demo for LocoRoco 2, though it's quite big. I'll figure it out.

FonistofCruxis

@mickeymac NMH2 is better than the first is still one of the best wii games and has the better ending so I reccomend getting it first. If you can't find it in shops, try looking online. Thats what I do if I can't find a game I really want in a shop. I wonder if NMH got less sales in America than in Europe because it's not hard to find either of them where I live.

I plan on getting mario gold: toadstool tour and mario power tennis soon and I was wondering if it's worth getting the GBA mario golf and tennis games as well?

HolyMackerel

Mickeymac wrote:

Muramasa: The Demon Blade (Oboro Muramasa) - Should I wait to play it until after I finish Odin Sphere?

Muramasa is a lot simpler than Odin Sphere in both gameplay and story. It's a lot closer to an action platformer, while Odin Sphere is more like an action RPG. I didn't find Muramasa that satisfying. I'd say play more of Odin Sphere before playing Muramasa because it's a better experience overall. How far are you in Odin Sphere? I don't think you haven't beaten the Valkyrie story yet... and if so, DEFINITELY play more Odin Sphere.

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Muramasa is a lot simpler than Odin Sphere in both gameplay and story. It's a lot closer to an action platformer, while Odin Sphere is more like an action RPG. I didn't find Muramasa that satisfying. I'd say play more of Odin Sphere before playing Muramasa because it's a better experience overall. How far are you in Odin Sphere? I don't think you haven't beaten the Valkyrie story yet... and if so, DEFINITELY play more Odin Sphere.

Roger that.:3

mariofanatic128 wrote:

@mickeymac NMH2 is better than the first is still one of the best wii games and has the better ending so I reccomend getting it first. If you can't find it in shops, try looking online. Thats what I do if I can't find a game I really want in a shop. I wonder if NMH got less sales in America than in Europe because it's not hard to find either of them where I live.

Already got a copy, but I was just wondering if I should wait until I play NMH1 before I play 2. I probably won't, but I'll save it for towards the end, just in case. I only have 12 Wii games left to beat, and I'm near the end in about half of them.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

Has anyone played Who's That Flying? yet? I think I might get it...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic