Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,161 to 1,180 of 1,991

CanisWolfred

Robo-goose wrote:

@Mickeymac
For the DS, I can recommend Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon.
If you have a DS lite or DS Phat, then the first Fire Emblem released in America is the game for you. (Its title is "Fire Emblem")
Now, the reason I clicked on this thread was so that I could recommend two games in particular.
These games are Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance (GC) and Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn(Wii).

FE is a series of tactical RPG's that was exclusive to Japan until it recieved great popularity due to Marth and Roy, the protagonists of FE 1 and FE 6 respectively, being put in the game Super Smash Brothers Melee. (For those of you who don't already know.)

2 things:

1. That wasn't one of the 3 choices. I really was just asking for a vote of the ones I mentioned above. I appreciate the recomendation, but I already know what I'm looking for right now.

2. No to Fire Emblem. Out of all the strategy RPGs I've played FE has always been my least favorite, just after Final Fantasy Tactics. I can see why others like them, but the generic Medievel theme, Rock-Paper-Scissors gameplay, and high difficulty do nothing for me, and of course the perma-death frustrates me to no end. I even have Shadow Dragon, and I've played Path of Radiance aand both GBA games, and I've regretted all of them. The only one I really liked was Fire Emblem Gaiden, which is different from the rest of the series. Otherwise they're just not for me.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Timwario

Is the Bit.Trip series any good? I like a good retro platformer, and one of the Bit.Trip games looks like one.

Edited on by Timwario

Timwario

CanisWolfred

Twario wrote:

Is the Bit.Trip series any good? I like a good retro platformer, and one of the Bit.Trip games looks like one.

You're thinking of Bit.Trip Runner. I just started it today and I could barely tear myself away from it, and I don't even like patformers that much unless they're REALLY good. Trust me, you'll love it.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

HolyMackerel

@Mickeymac DS: Strange Journey, PSP/PSN: Grandia

What do people have to say about FF:4HoL? How long does it take to finish (if possible)? It seems pretty good but unless it's a really good game I don't think I want to fill up my backlog even more.

HolyMackerel

CanisWolfred

HolyMackerel wrote:

@Mickeymac DS: Strange Journey, PSP/PSN: Grandia

Sadly, Voting ended Yesterday, and Kingdom Hearts won. However, since Disgaea DS will be part of my Holloween Creepfest (yes, I'm holding multiple Marathons at once. I'll also be marathoning the Bit.Trip series once I'm up to it), so Strange Journey will be next in the queue.

On the plus side, Grandia won by a landslide.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Hokori

...Lets see should I get SMT Strange Journey, FF4, Epic Yarn, or MM0 Collection

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

CanisWolfred

Otaku wrote:

...Lets see should I get SMT Strange Journey, FF4, Epic Yarn, or MM0 Collection

Strange Journey and Mega Man Zero Collection should be your highest priorities because they will become rare and hard to find before you know it. They are both of excellent quality, but I'll have to hear why you're interested in these two before I can really recommend them to you.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Robo-goose

No to Fire Emblem?
Well, everyone has their own tastes.
Well then, I recommend Fire Emblem GBA to everyone reading this comment other than you.

Edited on by Robo-goose

"I'm a heartbreaker...
My name... Charles." -The Greatest Man In Driftveil City

HolyMackerel

Mickeymac wrote:

Sadly, Voting ended Yesterday...

On the plus side, Grandia won by a landslide.

Oh darn, just missed the deadline. Grandia is a true classic, enjoy!

@Otaku Strange Journey is awesome if you like old-school JRPGs and dungeon crawlers.

@Robo-goose Yeah, FE GBA is one of my favourite GBA games and my favourite in the series, too. I might play it again to see if it's aged at all in these many years since.

EDIT: Oh god, now I have the Grandia battle music stuck in my head.

Edited on by HolyMackerel

HolyMackerel

Sadsack_Awesome

This has probably been said loads of times before but: I'd recommend Sonic 4.

Sadsack_Awesome

CanisWolfred

Since Wal-Mart doesn't have Hexyz Force (RAAAAAAGE), should I get:

• Z.H.P: Unlosing Ranger VS. DarkDeath Evilman
  • Valkyria Chronicles 2
  • Ys SEVEN
  • Ys: The Oath in Felghana

Or should I just say the hell with RPGs and get Blaz Blue: Continuum Shift so I can play as a squirrel girl?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kingbuilder

Should I get Klonoa 2 or Simpsons: Hit and Run? I want both of them and they both look great, but I can only choose one. Which one should I get?

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

Should I get Klonoa 2 or Simpsons: Hit and Run? I want both of them and they both look great, but I can only choose one. Which one should I get?

I'm gonna say Klonoa 2, since it's the only good PS2 2D platformer, and I hate the Simpsons.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

I'm thinking of getting the new Goldeneye, but I've been wondering if I should get a used 64 off eBay possibly with the original Goldeneye. Which should I get?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

CanisWolfred

Xkhaoz wrote:

I'm thinking of getting the new Goldeneye, but I've been wondering if I should get a used 64 off eBay possibly with the original Goldeneye. Which should I get?

It depends on whether or not you've played and enjoyed any modern FPS before. Honestly, if you've played any shooters that have come out in the past 8 years, you might have trouble getting into the golden oldie since its a major difference in gameplay, for better or for worse. Then I'd suggest going with the modern equivilent, since it updates the old gameplay while retaining at least some of the quirks and charm of the classic.

If you're in it for nostalgia, however, just get an N64.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

turtlelink

I'm thinking of getting either Megaman 10 or Scott Pilgrim vs. the World
I'm in for a challenge with MM10 but I also want a good beat em up. I don't have many beat em ups but I also haven't got a Megaman game in a long time! So, any suggestions?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic