General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,141 to 1,160 of 1,761

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kingbuilder

1,141. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

I want a VC game. What are some good choices on what to buy?

List of games I have: Blaster Master, Rondo of Blood, FF4, Gunstar Heroes, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Secret of Mana, StarTropics, SF2: Hyper Fighting, SM64, SMB3, SMRPG, SMW, Super Metroid, Ufouria: The Saga, Ys: Book 1 & 2

River City Ransom, Neutopia, Bonk's Adventure. Oh yeah, Phantasy Star and Dragon's Curse of course.

I'll definitely be getting River City Ransom, and I might get Neutopia. The rest I can live without. Any more suggestions?

Oddly enough, my original post only listed River City Ransom. How may points are we talkin' here?

2000, maybe more if I want more games. :P

You have any interest in Platformers or Shoot 'em ups?

Any type of game will do as long as it's very good. I have some pretty high expectations for my VC purchases. :L

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockelocke

1,142. Posted:

Soldier Blade is an excellent shooter

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,143. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Kingbuilder wrote:

I want a VC game. What are some good choices on what to buy?

List of games I have: Blaster Master, Rondo of Blood, FF4, Gunstar Heroes, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Secret of Mana, StarTropics, SF2: Hyper Fighting, SM64, SMB3, SMRPG, SMW, Super Metroid, Ufouria: The Saga, Ys: Book 1 & 2

River City Ransom, Neutopia, Bonk's Adventure. Oh yeah, Phantasy Star and Dragon's Curse of course.

I'll definitely be getting River City Ransom, and I might get Neutopia. The rest I can live without. Any more suggestions?

Oddly enough, my original post only listed River City Ransom. How may points are we talkin' here?

2000, maybe more if I want more games. :P

You have any interest in Platformers or Shoot 'em ups?

Any type of game will do as long as it's very good. I have some pretty high expectations for my VC purchases. :L

Well well, the flood gates have opened:

Pulseman
Super Star Soldier
Final Soldier
Soldier Blade
That Super NES Platformer Starboy likes so much
Lords of Thunder (Highest recommendation of them all)
MUSHA (Second highest alongside River City Ransom)
Star Parodier
Wild Guns
Still River City Ransom and Neutopia.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kingbuilder

1,144. Posted:

Sorry, but I lied. I don't like Shoot 'em ups at all. xD

Also, I'm getting DoReMi Fantasy. I now have 1100 points left. Any more suggestions?

List of games I have: Blaster Master, Rondo of Blood, FF4, Gunstar Heroes, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Secret of Mana, StarTropics, SF2: Hyper Fighting, SM64, SMB3, SMRPG, SMW, Super Metroid, Ufouria: The Saga, Ys: Book 1 & 2

Here are the types of games I like to avoid any more confusion: Action/Adventure, RPG's, Platformers, and Action RPG's.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. D:

Edited on by Kingbuilder

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,145. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Sorry, but I lied. I don't like Shoot 'em ups at all. xD

Also, I'm getting DoReMi Fantasy. I now have 1100 points left. Any more suggestions?

List of games I have: Blaster Master, Rondo of Blood, FF4, Gunstar Heroes, Kid Icarus, Kirby's Adventure, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Paper Mario, Secret of Mana, StarTropics, SF2: Hyper Fighting, SM64, SMB3, SMRPG, SMW, Super Metroid, Ufouria: The Saga, Ys: Book 1 & 2

Here are the types of games I like to avoid any more confusion: Action/Adventure, RPG's, Platformers, and Action RPG's.

Sorry if I caused any confusion. D:

Beat 'em Up Action-RPG - River City Ransom. You can't go wrong with this, considering your tastes.
Action-Adventure - Neutopia. It's like NES Zelda but far better.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Shane904

1,146. Posted:

sak904 wrote:

Ok I have 900 DSi Points on my DSi Left. Im debating between: Zenonia, Starship Patrol, A Kappa's Trail. Soul of Darkness, Rytmik, and Fieldrunners. I am interested in all of them.

I haven't got into RPGs much besides Final Fantasy Tactics A2, but this looks like a good one.

I am a fan of Tower Defence games, so that would explain my interest in Starship Patrol and Fieldrunners.

I just think A Kappa's Trail is interesting.

I really love the Castlevania games, so Soul of Darkness looks good.

I have RCA, but Rytmik still looks awesome, and I love RCA.

So... help?

Anyone else have an opinion?

Check out my free Android app, Paddle Ball!
Google Play Store | Amazon Appstore

[Check out Reviews by Shane!]

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,147. Posted:

sak904 wrote:

sak904 wrote:

Ok I have 900 DSi Points on my DSi Left. Im debating between: Zenonia, Starship Patrol, A Kappa's Trail. Soul of Darkness, Rytmik, and Fieldrunners. I am interested in all of them.

I haven't got into RPGs much besides Final Fantasy Tactics A2, but this looks like a good one.

I am a fan of Tower Defence games, so that would explain my interest in Starship Patrol and Fieldrunners.

I just think A Kappa's Trail is interesting.

I really love the Castlevania games, so Soul of Darkness looks good.

I have RCA, but Rytmik still looks awesome, and I love RCA.

So... help?

Anyone else have an opinion?

I have an opinion, but for the sake of not being banned, I probably shouldn't share it.:P

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,148. Posted:

Alright: Time for me to ask my own question: I'm thinking of getting a new PSOne Classic for my PSP should I get:

Wild Arms 2, which I have been looking forward to since Wild Arms 1 came out
Suikoden, Which is often lauded, but I have my doubts, and when I have my doubts, I'm usually right.
Crash Bandicoot: Warped, which I might get out of curiousity, since it was closely followed by the greatest platformer ever made.
Final Fantasy 8, just to complete my collection even though I've yet to finish Final Fantasy 7.
R-Type Delta, just to complete the series even though I just got Gaiaseed.

Or should I finish Resident Evil and get another horror-based game?

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kingbuilder

1,149. Posted:

Crash Bandicoot: Warped most definitely. One of my favorite PS1 games of all time, and it still holds up pretty well today. =D

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SpriteKing

1,150. Posted:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge or Metroid Prime 3? Help!

Edited on by SpriteKing

"Hey Strong Bad. You jumped over some of my buses!"
I don't have a backloggery, and if I did have one you wouldn't care
I will never have one tenth of an ioda of a clue as to why My Little Pony is only popular with 20+ year old males
Anamanaguchi is neat

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,151. Posted:

SpriteKing wrote:

Shantae: Risky's Revenge or Metroid Prime 3? Help!

Hahaha! Oh man, seriously? That's what you're trying to choose from? Or are you asking for help in those games? Either way, I have to ask: Why can't you get both? They're completely different games, with completely different methods of purchasing, with completely different pricepoints, and in fact, one won't really set you back much. Unless you found a really cheap copy of Metroid Prime 3, in which case I say pick it up man, Shantae will still be there, but Metroid won't. Not for that price, most likely.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,152. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Crash Bandicoot: Warped most definitely. One of my favorite PS1 games of all time, and it still holds up pretty well today. =D

Crash Bandicoot it is then, mac.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

1,153. Posted:

What Rune Factory game should I buy?

The first DS one?
The second DS one?
or The Wii one?

I'm more inclined to a DS version, as I'm generally able to play my DS more, and I've never got on with Harvest Moon Magical Melody's broken motion controls, but I'd go for a console version if it had more content or lastability or was significantly better than the DS iterations.

Can anyone give me any guidance?

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockelocke

1,154. Posted:

@edhe
I haven't played any, so take my opinion with a grain of salt, but it seems like a DS version would be the way to go, just because the style of game seems more suited to portability. On the Wii, you'd be restricted to when you could maintain farm. All 3 have solid review scores, tho.

@Mickeymac
I nominate Final Fantasy 8. It's my favorite of the franchise from a gameplay standpoint. FF3(6) and FF7 have better stories, for sure, but I love the zoomed in micromanagement in 8, whereas the materia system in 7 is a little simple for my tastes (still very addictive tho!)

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,155. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

@Mickeymac
I nominate Final Fantasy 8. It's my favorite of the franchise from a gameplay standpoint. FF3(6) and FF7 have better stories, for sure, but I love the zoomed in micromanagement in 8, whereas the materia system in 7 is a little simple for my tastes (still very addictive tho!)

I actually like Materia because it's simple. I'm not a big micromanager, so having an overcomplicated system isn't my thing. with that said, I have already played Final Fantasy 8 before, and I found that I could get away with mostly ignoring the system, leaving it on the default set up and adding it every once in a while. While I do enjoy customizing my characters, I also like being able to understand the system I was using to customize them, and I simply couldn't figure out the one in FF8.

Of course, I already got Crash Bandicoot: Warped, and now I can't afford anything else, because trust me, had I waited I could've gotten Alundra instead.:(

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gamesake

1,156. Posted:

@edhe I'd wait and see Rune Factory 3 before you buy anything- it's supposed to be coming next year. If you don't want to wait, I'd go for Rune Factory 2 on the DS.

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

edhe

1,157. Posted:

Gamesake wrote:

@edhe I'd wait and see Rune Factory 3 before you buy anything- it's supposed to be coming next year. If you don't want to wait, I'd go for Rune Factory 2 on the DS.

You think so? It only took 23 months for Rune Factory 2 to reach European shores - hopefully It'll take a little less time for "3".

But I should probably wait for news on the 3rd one, and even if it looks like Europe would have to wait another 2 years, I can always import.

I hope they don't announce a Rune Factory 4 or 5 in the time it takes for Europe to get 3 though...

Thanks.

Edited on by edhe

My Backloggery
Wii #: 2706 9539 1977 4210
Yes. I have Wii Music
Edwardpon playplay Xenoblade Chronicles
WarioWare D.I.Y
Even I don't know how to pronounce my username
Follow a cow?

3DS Friend Code: 4682-8598-1260 | Nintendo Network ID: edhe84

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BleachFan

1,158. Posted:

Alright, 1200 points left.

I'm a pretty big fan of the Bit Trip Series, and I'm eagerly awaiting FATE. However, I've been looking for a good game with an engaging story. Just curious, can that be found in Cave Story? If so, I might be getting that. If not, I can just wait for FATE.

I'm working on a game that's coming out soon!
Cipher Trailer

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Kingbuilder

1,159. Posted:

Cave Story has a pretty great story. Sure, it may be a bit simplistic, but it's still pretty engaging. You're just an amnesiac boy who awakes on an island in the middle of the sky, and attempts to remember everything. You end up meeting many different people and visit different areas, eventually finding out what has really been going on.

The game also has fantastic music, great replay value, and unlockables. The music and graphics have 2 options so that you can choose between new and old, so you could re-experience the freeware version on your television or attempt the new settings and go for the new-style game. So yeah, I'd definitely recommend getting Cave Story. I currently am on my 7th playthrough. :o

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SuperMarioFan96

1,160. Posted:

@BleachFan Unless you can get another points card wait for FATE; I'm telling you this for your own good. :P But Cave Story's pretty awesome. I don't know if I'd call the story very "engaging" but it's not bad. If you're willing to buy more points before FATE arrives than by all means pick up Cave Story.

Edited on by SuperMarioFan96

"Oooh, yes I said it! I said it! I said it 'cause I caaan!"
My Backloggery