General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,101 to 1,120 of 1,758

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Punny

1,101. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

StarFox wrote:

Should I get a Saturn? I'd probably only get Sonic R and Virtua Fighter, though.

Only if you can get it cheap. Nobody cares about it anymore, so getting cheap games shouldn't be hard. Unfortunately I've yet to see a complete console go for less than $60, even on eBay.

If you do get it, try to find NiGHTS into Dreams..., Sonic Jam, and Burning Rangers! Those games were great! :)

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xkhaoz

1,102. Posted:

For some reason, I really want a fighting game for PSP where I can make my own character. Any good ones? Also interested in ones for 360.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,103. Posted:

Xkhaoz wrote:

For some reason, I really want a fighting game for PSP where I can make my own character. Any good ones? Also interested in ones for 360.

Soul Caliber 4 I think has a system where you can make custom characters, unless I'm mistaken.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TheBaconator

1,104. Posted:

I feel like getting one of those new superhero titles on the Wii. Either Batman Brave and the Bold or Spiderman Shatter Dimensions. I want a good response, too, from someone who actually played both or one of the games because I don't want someone to say Brave and the Bold because it is made by WayForward even though they never played it.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,105. Posted:

ballkirby1 wrote:

I feel like getting one of those new superhero titles on the Wii. Either Batman Brave and the Bold or Spiderman Shatter Dimensions. I want a good response, too, from someone who actually played both or one of the games because I don't want someone to say Brave and the Bold because it is made by WayForward even though they never played it.

Didn't both of those come out just last week? I don't think anyone here has even played them yet. I'd suggest looking at some reviews and videos first if you want a detailed response. I've heard nothing of the Wii versions of either game, and I don't recall them being well publicized. This is mostly speculation, but I have a strong feeling that by the time you get a response, you're not gonna care anymore.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BobberyFan98

1,106. Posted:

PS2 RPG/Strategy gems GO!

-BF98 ;)


Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,107. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

PS2 RPG/Strategy gems GO!

-BF98 ;)

Complete thoughts plz.

Believe it or not, the PS2 didn't have that many noteworthy Strategy RPGs, and the best never left Japan. The only ones out in the west worth pursuing that I can think of were by NIS, and the best got enhanced ports on other consoles that are more readily available. That's just my opinion, though. I'll throw out some games I enjoyed, but none of them are what I would call "gems":

Eternal Poison
Growlanser V
Makai Kingdom
Disgaea 1 & 2
Phantom Brave
La Plucelle

...and that's it.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShinRPGGamer

1,108. Posted:

I want to get something on the Wiiware similar to My life as a king. Anyone have some suggestions?

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage
Avatar

BL_Donth

1,109. Posted:

Gmls719 wrote:

I want to get something on the Wiiware similar to My life as a king. Anyone have some suggestions?

My Life as a Darklord.

My Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 5343-7674-1789 | Nintendo Network ID: Donth8

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenzo

1,110. Posted:

I just got SMG2, and I have to say, best game on the Wii thus far.

Also, I just got an N64 (for $16, I might add) and I would like to know what game to get.
My brother already has OoT and MM, so maybe Mario Party?

BBBBBBackloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Nintenzo_

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ravage

1,111. Posted:

donth8 wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I want to get something on the Wiiware similar to My life as a king. Anyone have some suggestions?

My Life as a Darklord.

That's hardly similar at all. Darklord is more of a tower defense dealy-o

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.
Just Say No To Toast!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

seed

1,112. Posted:

I have 1200 points to spend, I want to get 2 600 pts games or a 500 and 700. Wiiware or VC (I have the classic control)

Any recomendations? I like action, platforms, sports... i dont like a lot RPGs and Puzzles.

Lenghty games, please!

Wii Friend Code: 8565 6330 4313 6069
Mario kart FC: 1033 - 1932 - 9476
TV show King 2 FC: 3824 9774 9849

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShinRPGGamer

1,113. Posted:

Ravage wrote:

donth8 wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I want to get something on the Wiiware similar to My life as a king. Anyone have some suggestions?

My Life as a Darklord.

That's hardly similar at all. Darklord is more of a tower defense dealy-o

That and the fact I already have the game :p

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Nintenzo

1,114. Posted:

seed wrote:

I have 1200 points to spend, I want to get 2 600 pts games or a 500 and 700. Wiiware or VC (I have the classic control)

Any recomendations? I like action, platforms, sports... i dont like a lot RPGs and Puzzles.

Lenghty games, please!

Super Mario 64. I know it's 1000 points, but it's such an awesome game. And it is pretty lengthy, too.

Edited on by Nintenzo

BBBBBBackloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Nintenzo_

AuthorMessage
Avatar

lockelocke

1,115. Posted:

@seed
Cave Story. I think its 1200 pts.
If you want a couple games, try Mega Man 2, Soldier Blade, Kirby's Adventure, River City Ransom, Crash N The Boyz...

i_am_error
3DS FC: 5198 - 2459 - 3589
backlockelockery

AuthorMessage
Avatar

seed

1,116. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

@seed
Cave Story. I think its 1200 pts.
If you want a couple games, try Mega Man 2, Soldier Blade, Kirby's Adventure, River City Ransom, Crash N The Boyz...

thanks im gonna check em out. Anyone else has more recommendations?

Wii Friend Code: 8565 6330 4313 6069
Mario kart FC: 1033 - 1932 - 9476
TV show King 2 FC: 3824 9774 9849

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Platypus

1,117. Posted:

I'm between getting phantasy star IV and ogre battle 64.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

1,118. Posted:

soccer686 wrote:

I'm between getting phantasy star IV and ogre battle 64.

Ogre Battle 64 by a mile and a half. It's an absolute masterpiece, while Phantasy Star 4... is not (and I'm leaving it there).

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Platypus

1,119. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

soccer686 wrote:

I'm between getting phantasy star IV and ogre battle 64.

Ogre Battle 64 by a mile and a half. It's an absolute masterpiece, while Phantasy Star 4... is not (and I'm leaving it there).

Well the only thing I was worried about is that I'm horrible at strategy games although I do like some rts games.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage
Avatar

cheetahman91

1,120. Posted:

lockelocke wrote:

@seed
Cave Story. I think its 1200 pts.

I second this. Or you could get Castlevania: Rondo of Blood. It's 900 points.

Nintendolife Chatroom
Backloggery
GameSpot
Youtube
Jesus is the only way.
It's OK for someone to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.

Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91