General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,061 to 1,080 of 1,771

AuthorMessage

iAlias

1,061. Posted:

Should I get Dragon Quest IX or a scooter? (Hey, it says universal recommendations, and scooters are in the universe!)

iAlias

Nintendo Network ID: xAlias

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,062. Posted:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Out of these, which should be my next PS1 game?:
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics

Can somebody recommend me some as well?
Just remember: Highest rating is teen, no language rather than h*ll, d*mn/d*mmit, or b*tch, and no Sexual content/extremely revealing clothing on women/references.

-BF98 ;)

Gawd, an easy one, finally. Final Fantasy 7 all the way. It has the best story and most well-rounded gameplay, and it;s the least offensive. Hell, it's just a joy all around, I can't recommend it enough.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,063. Posted:

labrat7 wrote:

Should I get Dragon Quest IX or a scooter? (Hey, it says universal recommendations, and scooters are in the universe!)

I'd go with the scooter, at least you can outrun giant fire-breathing cats with those.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

JohnWalrus

1,064. Posted:

Gmls719 wrote:

I want to get an RPG for the VC/ Wiiware does anyone have Recommendations on what I should get.

Any of the Phantasy Star series. You will not be disappointed.

"I will destroy everything! I will create a monument to non-existence!"~Kefka Palazzo (FFVI)
Backloggery

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,065. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

BobberyFan98 wrote:

Out of these, which should be my next PS1 game?:
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics

Can somebody recommend me some as well?
Just remember: Highest rating is teen, no language rather than h*ll, d*mn/d*mmit, or b*tch, and no Sexual content/extremely revealing clothing on women/references.

-BF98 ;)

Gawd, an easy one, finally. Final Fantasy 7 all the way. It has the best story and most well-rounded gameplay, and it;s the least offensive. Hell, it's just a joy all around, I can't recommend it enough.

Pretty much what MickeyMac said but FFT is a great game to. I'd get it somewhere in the near future. FF8... meh

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

ShinRPGGamer

1,066. Posted:

JohnWalrus wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I want to get an RPG for the VC/ Wiiware does anyone have Recommendations on what I should get.

Any of the Phantasy Star series. You will not be disappointed.

Thanks but I already got another game someone else Recommended (besides if you read one of my earlier posts you would see it was not my cup of tea.

I do however need suggestions on any good games on the dsi to download before i go on vacation monday so if you have any Recommendations that would be nice.

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,067. Posted:

I'm having trouble on whether I should get Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness or Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, which includes Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. I love both genres equally, so I'm at a loss at which to buy. Help me.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,068. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

I'm having trouble on whether I should get Disgaea: Afternoon of Darkness or Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles, which includes Rondo of Blood and Symphony of the Night. I love both genres equally, so I'm at a loss at which to buy. Help me.

Now that's a tough one...a really tough one...they're both worth their price and give an equal ammount of content when it;s all stacked up, they're both pretty good and games you'd like about equally. They're both readily available, too. Which way to go...meh, if it were me, I'd flip a coin. You can always get the other later, it's no rush, so long as you get them through the PSN store (they're both less than $20 if I recall correctly). However, I should note that the version of Symphony of the Night is a slight downgrade from the original, and you can get Rondo of Blood and the best version of Symphony of the Night for roughly the same price.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

moomoo

1,069. Posted:

@Mickeymac: Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go with Disgaea, since I don't own it in another form.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,070. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

@Mickeymac: Thanks for the advice. I'll probably go with Disgaea, since I don't own it in another form.

Okay, hope you like it. It's a pretty good strat with lots of humor and "no one right way to play" kinda attitude. Plus, the PSP version is the best version.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

SpriteKing

1,071. Posted:

I need some help.
I want to get a new game, but I only have enough money for one. What should I get out of these?

-Avalon Code
-Klonoa (My personal choice)
-Sonic Rush
-Nights: Journey of dreams
-Wii points Card

"Hey Strong Bad. You jumped over some of my buses!"
I don't have a backloggery, and if I did have one you wouldn't care
I will never have one tenth of an ioda of a clue as to why My Little Pony is only popular with 20+ year old males
Anamanaguchi is neat

AuthorMessage

Punny

1,072. Posted:

@ SpriteKing: Get the Nintendo Points card. That way, you can spend $20 for more than one game! If not, get Sonic Rush.

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,073. Posted:

SpriteKing wrote:

I need some help.
I want to get a new game, but I only have enough money for one. What should I get out of these?

-Avalon Code
-Klonoa (My personal choice)
-Sonic Rush
-Nights: Journey of dreams
-Wii points Card

Sonic Rush.

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

Don

1,074. Posted:

There are two PS3 games coming out both at $60 (which is $10 past the maximum I'm willing to pay for a game) that I'm going to ask a friend to get for me for Christmas. One is James Bond Blood Stone 007 and the other is Castlevania Lords of Shadow. I like both Bond and Castlevania games so I'm really having trouble picking one. I'm getting Goldeneye for the Wii as soon as it comes out but the trailer for Blood Stone looks great and it'll be awesome to have double the Bond experience. On the other hand, I've been waiting for a 3D Castlevania game for a while but this one apparently is a reboot of the franchise which means they're radically changing the formula. So what would you recommend? I'll go with the one that gets the most recommendation. Thanks in advance for your feedback.

Don

AuthorMessage

cheapogamer4life

1,075. Posted:

Not looking for any games right now, but I do need some help looking for the right portable device. Wasnt sure if I should have started a new thread for this so i'll just keep it in this unviersal recommendation thread.

So im looking for a portable device that has a pretty good and kind fast web service. Not really looking into getting any idevice or phone with a contract though. Dont really enjoy shopping and I dont have access to the internet long enough to look up any about what I should get so any advice from you guys will go a long way. I've had a chance to check out a few no contract phones like Virgin Mobile and they seem o.k. for the price but im wondering if their web service is any good. Some of the higher price phones are close to 300 dollars and that has me thinking that maybe I will be better off getting a cheap laptop or netbook and getting a broadband card. At the most im looking of spend around 200 for a phone or 450 for either a laptop or netbook. I have access to the AT&T network so im open to that option for a contract phone. Dont really know to much about the Ipod but a few things. They are wifi enable but can you get em with internet access any where?

Might head over to Best Buy this weekend to see what all they have but I might not. Will have a chance to chech back with this thread after the weekend is over so I will end up getting something by the middle to next week but I have no idea what to get.

3DS Friend Code: 4339-2558-1701
http://passid.ca/N4Life
PSN id: cheapO4life
Xbox gamertag: cheapogamer

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,076. Posted:

Should I get Ufouria: The Saga? Metroid is my favorite video game series, and NL gave it a pretty good review, yet I'm still a bit skeptical about it. Anyone here that has played the game and can confirm if it's great or not?

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,077. Posted:

Should I get both mario golf 64 and toadstool tour or just one? Should I get both Mario tennis 64 and power tennis or just one? I'm interested in getting the space invaders extreme games. Does anyone know if the upcoming dsiware space invaders extreme game is a cut-down or a full port?

Neilloggery

AuthorMessage

Kingbuilder

1,078. Posted:

Kingbuilder wrote:

Should I get Ufouria: The Saga? Metroid is my favorite video game series, and NL gave it a pretty good review, yet I'm still a bit skeptical about it. Anyone here that has played the game and can confirm if it's great or not?

Scratch that. Should I get a 2000 Wii points card or a Code Geass 2-season box set?

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

AuthorMessage

Punny

1,079. Posted:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Should I get both mario golf 64 and toadstool tour or just one? Should I get both Mario tennis 64 and power tennis or just one?

I would choose Toadstool Tour over the original Mario Golf. I find Toadstool Tour much easier to control. As for Mario Tennis, do you like the idea of Power Shots? If you don't mind them, get Mario Power Tennis. If you do mind them, get the original.

I'm back (for the moment)!

AuthorMessage

FonistofCruxis

1,080. Posted:

PunnyGuy wrote:

mariofanatic128 wrote:

Should I get both mario golf 64 and toadstool tour or just one? Should I get both Mario tennis 64 and power tennis or just one?

I would choose Toadstool Tour over the original Mario Golf. I find Toadstool Tour much easier to control. As for Mario Tennis, do you like the idea of Power Shots? If you don't mind them, get Mario Power Tennis. If you do mind them, get the original.

Thanks for the advice. I like the idea of power shots but which version of power tennis should I get, GC or NPC?

Neilloggery