General Discussion Forum

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Showing 1,041 to 1,060 of 1,761

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,041. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Ok i'm considering getting Call of Duty 4. Should i get the PS3 version of the Reflex edition?
With the PS3 version, i can play with all my friends easily and have all the features missing in the Reflex Edition.
With Reflex, i can play with all the Nlife members who have it (Min, Irken, etc,) and will have pointer controls.
However, the PS3 version cost less at Gamestop. (Not sure about Play n' Trade yet)

Well the Reflex version would let you play with us, but you would probably have more fun with the PS3 version's online system. It's a bit more robust than the Wii version, from what I played through.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,042. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Ok i'm considering getting Call of Duty 4. Should i get the PS3 version of the Reflex edition?
With the PS3 version, i can play with all my friends easily and have all the features missing in the Reflex Edition.
With Reflex, i can play with all the Nlife members who have it (Min, Irken, etc,) and will have pointer controls.
However, the PS3 version cost less at Gamestop. (Not sure about Play n' Trade yet)

Well the Reflex version would let you play with us, but you would probably have more fun with the PS3 version's online system. It's a bit more robust than the Wii version, from what I played through.

Is there a difference?

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,043. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Is there a difference?

Well obviously the PS3 versions doesn't have FCs. Here's the wiki page for Modern Warfare, so you can compare both of them.

They're both pretty similar, so it's a matter of deciding how you want to play: wii controls or PS3 controller.

Edited on by irken004

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

Nintenzo

1,044. Posted:

Mickeymac wrote:

I was about to do a new thread until I already had a whole thread for this(:P):

I'm trying to think of a DS game to get for Xmas. I already got a list of possible choices down, I'm just hoping some of you could help me narrow it down:

Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story - New installment in my favorite RPG series, but price may be an issue.
Final Fantasy Tactics A2: Grimoire of the Rift - I enjoyed the previous game somewhat, and it's dirt cheap these days. Not sure if I want to get another Final Fantasy game so soon, though
Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon - Remake of the original Fire Emblem NES, which I greatly enjoyed. It's dirt cheap these days, but the existance of the previous version and the fact that I may be able to get it early keeps it from being a top choice
Disgaea DS - The one I'm leaning towards the most right now. The price is fair, it's part of a series that tends to get rare pretty quickly, and despite my interest, I've never played a game in the series before, which is really the only thing holding me back at the moment.
Dragon Quest IV - It's the only game in the series that I'm at all interested in, but the price seems to be on the rise, and there's a chance the original may appear on the Virtual Console. Still putting it into consideration, though
Retro Game Challenge - I love retro games, it's pretty cheap at the moment, and it had a very convincing trailer. Still looking for a second opinion, though.
Big Bang Mini - It's pretty cheap, and it looks alright. Plus, I love shmups. Any thoughts?
Henry Hatsworth - I've heard good things about it, and its current price is a steal. Still, I'm not sure if I might be able to get it even cheaper after Christmas...
The Dark Spire - I've heard good things about, and the price seems fair. Just kinda looking for that extra push, otherwise I might wait until after Xmas.
Rythem Heaven - I loved the demo for this one, and the price seems alright at the moment. I might want to wait until after Xmas, though.
The Legendary Starfy - I've been interested in it for quite some time, however, the price has been keeping me away from it. Should I take the plunge, or wait?
Kirby: Canvas Curse - It looks amazing, and I'm sorry I haven't gotten it already, however, I think it's hard to find and somewhat pricey
Super Robot Taisen OG Saga: Endless Frontier - I love the series, and this one looks like a lot of fun. However, I'm not so sure I'd want to get it at its current price, so I might hold it off until sometime after Xmas unless someone can convince me otherwise
The World Ends With You - I haven't been too interested in it, and the last time I tried it, I couldn't get my head around the different systems and such. However, its price is too good to ignore.
Castlevania: Order of Ecclasia - I love Castlevania, and I've heard Great things about this installment. The price isn't half-bad, either. However, I am getting another Castlevania game for Xmas, and I've barely touched Portrait of Ruin. I'd hate to get another game in the series so soon. Still, I might want to get it anyways, so I don't have to go looking all over kingdom come for it later.
Suikoden Tierkeis - From what I've heard, the story is atrocious(tried too hard to come off as a generic anime), but otherwise it looks pretty fun, and the trailer was pretty convincing. Price might be an issue, though. Anyone got any thoughts on this one?
Children of Mana - I think it's pretty cheap these days, and I've been interested in it for a very long time. It kinda reminds me of Lunar Knights. Any thoughts?
Magical Starsign - Another one I've been really interested in. I've heard very good things about it, it looks pretty interesting, and it's stupid cheap these days. However, I might want to wait until after Xmas. Maybe
Valkyrie Profile: Covenant of the Plume - I know little about it other than what Digiki described to me, which made it seem very complicated. Still, my gut instinct is telling me to keep my eye on it. Plus, the price seems right. Should I take the plunge?
Contra 4 - I loved the demo, and I love the series, however, they are very hard games, which might put me off if I'm not in the right mood(like I was last Christmas. Remember all my hate for Chrono Trigger and Mega Man 9/Zero 3/ZX Advent? Yeah...) Still it's dirt cheap, and it looks great. Should I just go for it and hope for the best?
The Legend of Kage 2 - It's got ninjas, old-school platforming, and a price tag that's just right. Anybody think it's worth a go?
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles: The Rings of Fate - ...why did I put this on here? Other than the fact that it's cheap and I've heard the Crystal Chronicle games are comparable to Zelda, I haven't been too interested in it until recently. Unless someone can speak in its favor, it'll probably be the first to get the axe.
Bangai-O Spirits - Would you believe that the fact that I couldn't remember this game's name is the reason why this list is so long? I love treasure, and this game is pretty cheap. However, I've also heard it's pretty love-hate. You think it'd be worth looking into?
Robocalypse - I really like RTSes, and would really like one that I could take on the go. I've heard this one was pretty good. Any thoughts?

Sorry for making such a long post, in case you haven't noticed, I'm a very indecisive person.:p

Feel free to put in a good word for your favorite game, or at least, whichever one you think I should get, judging from what I wrote. If there's a game you think I shouldn't get, feel free to tell me that as well, since I'm mostly looking to weed out the list, rather than make a big decision right away.

Also, how do I do Bullet points? I've been here for years, yet I never learned how to do that.:P

I'd love to answer the questions of the people above me, but I'm afraid I know nothing about the games they're asking for, so I'll keep my mouth shut.:P

A decision has been made! I got Magical Starsign and Contra 4(they were cheap)

Why not Bowser's Inside Story? That's the best game for the DS! And that's the game that my avatar is from!

BBBBBBackloggery

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6913-6784 | Nintendo Network ID: Akantares | Twitter: Nintenzo_

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,045. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Is there a difference?

Well obviously the PS3 versions doesn't have FCs. Here's the wiki page for Modern Warfare, so you can compare both of them.

They're both pretty similar, so it's a matter of deciding how you want to play: wii controls or PS3 controller.

Read comparisons, saw a video. The Wii one has no lighting, sadly but you can twist the gun which is pretty cool. I guess i'll get the PS3 version because it is cheaper and a little better. But if i get a chance, i'll get the Reflex edition for my B-Day or something like that. It's Sonic Unleashed all over again, :P

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,046. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

Read comparisons, saw a video. The Wii one has no lighting, sadly but you can twist the gun which is pretty cool. I guess i'll get the PS3 version because it is cheaper and a little better. But if i get a chance, i'll get the Reflex edition for my B-Day or something like that. It's Sonic Unleashed all over again, :P

Sounds good. Maybe Reflex will drop in price once Black Ops releases.

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,047. Posted:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Good, i wanna play some NLife users. Especially a evil robot dude!

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

irken004

1,048. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Good, i wanna play some NLife users. Especially a evil robot dude!

Well I have been getting better on Reflex, I just prestiged not too long ago :D

Backloggery

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

1,049. Posted:

Yeah, PS3 version is better, y'know, smoother framerate, better graphics, better online community. But Reflex is also really cool with the pointer controls. I have the Reflex version. Unfortunately, I really suck at it.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,050. Posted:

Here is a great comparison i just found

:O Un-biased comments on youtube with this video.

Edited on by turtlelink

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,051. Posted:

turtlelink wrote:

PS3 PS3 PS3! The Reflex version is only there for people who can't get something better. Don't settle for less, especially when it costs more than the best.

@Nintendzo

It was too expensive at the time. I ended up just going with Contra 4 and another game (I think). Now I just don't care.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

turtlelink

1,052. Posted:

Ok thanks guys! :) PS3 it is!
I'll get CoD4 Reflex for my Birthday or something that doesn't evolve me buying it just for the motion controls :D

TurtleLink's backloggery

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

1,053. Posted:

OK this isn't really a recommendation but does anyone know if Zelda: A Link to the Past works good with the Gamecube controller? I know SNES games in general don't work well with the Gamecube controller but is this an exception? If it's not I'll either just get a CC PRO or buy something else.

"Just do It" -Nike
GAMECENTER ID: ReddLionz --- Super Smash Bros. Brawl: 2535-5186-6845--Mario Kart Wii: 2277-7632-9262---Excitebots: 2665-2900-1186---Excitebike World Rally: 5242-1980-4163---Wii Number: 8286-0065-1295-5374

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

1,054. Posted:

ReddLionz72 wrote:

OK this isn't really a recommendation but does anyone know if Zelda: A Link to the Past works good with the Gamecube controller? I know SNES games in general don't work well with the Gamecube controller but is this an exception? If it's not I'll either just get a CC PRO or buy something else.

I think you should be just fine.
Super Mario World is really difficult with the GC controller because you need to hold X to run, then hit B to do a normal jump, which is pretty much impossible to do without using two fingers.
There's nothing like the in A Link to the Past, so I don't think you would have an issue. Except, of course, for the somewhat awkward D-pad placement.

On another note, I finally made my way around to Muramasa a few weeks ago (I've had it for a long time but it still sat there, sealed). That game is one of the best I've played on the Wii, and I'd recommend it to anybody.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

WanderFan91

1,055. Posted:

@NotEnoughGolds - Y. You hold the Y button to run in Super Mario World.

Edited on by WanderFan91

AKA StarBoy91
Ah, irony
Wanderloggery | StarBlog
Massive retro gamer with a heart <3
Big Wander Over Yonder fan
RIP Robin Williams 1951-2014 =(
23 and proud =)
To each their own

AuthorMessage

ReddLionz

1,056. Posted:

@NotEnoughGolds
Ok thanks, I guess I'll get it then :)

"Just do It" -Nike

AuthorMessage

NotEnoughGolds

1,057. Posted:

StarBoy91 wrote:

@NotEnoughGolds - Y. You hold the Y button to run in Super Mario World.

I knew that. Typo imo.
Hmmm... What does X do? Anything? Is it a second run button?

Anyway point stands that it's really really hard to hold Y and hit B on a GC controller to run and jump.

NotEnoughGolds

AuthorMessage

SpriteKing

1,058. Posted:

I want one of the BIT TRIP games, but I can't get runner 'cause I only have 600 points. What do I get?

"Hey Strong Bad. You jumped over some of my buses!"
I don't have a backloggery, and if I did have one you wouldn't care
I will never have one tenth of an ioda of a clue as to why My Little Pony is only popular with 20+ year old males
Anamanaguchi is neat

AuthorMessage

CanisWolfred

1,059. Posted:

SpriteKing wrote:

I want one of the BIT TRIP games, but I can't get runner 'cause I only have 600 points. What do I get?

Bit.Trip BEAT, the first in the series and arguably the best.

Doesn't talk about games.

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage

BobberyFan98

1,060. Posted:

Out of these, which should be my next PS1 game?:
Final Fantasy VIII
Final Fantasy VII
Final Fantasy Tactics

Can somebody recommend me some as well?
Just remember: Highest rating is teen, no language rather than h*ll, d*mn/d*mmit, or b*tch, and no Sexual content/extremely revealing clothing on women/references.

-BF98 ;)

Mario Kart Wii FC: 1762-5158-8929 Name: BobberyFan
Brawl FC: 2364-1754-7283 Name: BF98
ExciteBots FC: 0990-3629-1936 Name: Bobbery