Forums

Topic: Universal Recommendations Thread

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 1,991

Kingbuilder

Yup, it only works when you're wandering the overworld map, though. But, you do alot of travelling on the overworld map, so it isn't a setback at all.

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

ShinRPGGamer

Kingbuilder wrote:

Yup, it only works when you're wandering the overworld map, though. But, you do alot of travelling on the overworld map, so it isn't a setback at all.

Thanks for the info looks like I'll be off now to download this now. Peace

Formerly known as the artist Gmls719

1st Champion of the NLife Bowl.
Team: GmlsDragoonersUnited

Wii FC: 4905 5217 4099 5072
3DSFC: 3582 - 8742 - 0524

Kingbuilder

Have fun!

Be warned that you can skip the dialogue by even tapping the analog stick, though. So just leave your controller alone during cutscenes. I learned that the hard way. xD

“The revolution is not an apple that falls when it is ripe. You have to make it fall.” - "Some men are born mediocre, some men achieve mediocrity, and some men have mediocrity thrust upon them."

CanisWolfred

Gmls719 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Gmls719 wrote:

I want to get an RPG for the VC/ Wiiware does anyone have Recommendations on what I should get.

Turn-based - Breath of Fire II, Phantasy Star
Action-RPG - Ys: Books 1 & 2, Beyond Oasis
Strategy-RPG - Shining Force, Ogre Battle

I bought phantasy star a while back and It wasn't my cup of tea and I'm not considering any strategy-rpg games right now cause I'm playing Final Fantasy Tactics. Do you have anymore suggestions?

Not really. The VC's RPG compliment is currently lacking, IMO. Those are all the ones I enjoyed besides Final Fantasy and Final Fantasy 4, and if you didn't dig PS1, you won't like FF1 either. I don't see the point of recommending the worst version of FF4 for any reason other than nostalgia, especially when other options are so readily available.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Kingbuilder

@MickeyMac I was actually just introduced to Final Fantasy 4 a few months ago... Of course there are the ones with boosted graphics and sped-up battle sequences, but why would you want to try that if you could go back to the roots and get the original one that started it off? It's not like the story is worse, or the gameplay isn't as good, it's still a good game that has actually aged fairly well.

CanisWolfred

Kingbuilder wrote:

@MickeyMac I was actually just introduced to Final Fantasy 4 a few months ago... Of course there are the ones with boosted graphics and sped-up battle sequences, but why would you want to try that if you could go back to the roots and get the original one that started it off? It's not like the story is worse, or the gameplay isn't as good, it's still a good game that has actually aged fairly well.

The translation sucks and the battles are too easy, to the point where you rarely need strategy. You can get the Gameboy Advance version with a good translation for the same price as the VC version, or you can get the PSOne version for even less with a sucky translation and a difficulty that actually requires you to pay attention during combat. Or you could just shell out a little more for the DS version, which has the best of both worlds, and enhanced cutscenes that do a better job of convaying emotion than simple text boxes ever could. I simply can't recommend the VC version when it has no benefits whatsoever.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Xkhaoz

Which is better: TimeSplitters 2 or Future Perfect?
EDIT: on Gamecube.

Edited on by Xkhaoz

http://steamcommunity.com/id/xkhaoz

Splat

My obsession right now and you can pick it up for less them $15 on Amazon which is a steal.

Untitled

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

CanisWolfred

Xkhaoz wrote:

Hard to say. If you have an Xbox, I'd say get Timesplitters 2 for the GCN and Future Perfect for the Xbox since they still have the online servers up last I checked.

Otherwise, Fututre Perfect doesn't do anything significantly better, so I say just get Timesplitters 2, and if you like that, get Future Perfect.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Punny

Dragoon wrote:

Which Pokemon for DS should I get?

Try HeartGold or SoulSilver. I actually liked them over Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum. Or, better yet, wait for Black and White; those two look like they could be the cream-of-the-Pokémon-crop.

Edited on by Punny

I'm back (for the moment)!

Min

Either HeartGold or SoulSilver. I've played all three versions (not counting SS), and HG/SS are easily the best.

The most minlicious of them all.

Nintendo Network ID: Minlicious

NeoShinobi

Xkhaoz wrote:

I'd recomend Future Perfect. That's what I prefer atleast.
TS2 was great for its time but FP just feels more polished. It has better hit detection, better graphics, and a better story mode. It also has a far more robust map editor.

.... or something like that.

turtlelink

Ok i'm considering getting Call of Duty 4. Should i get the PS3 version of the Reflex edition?
With the PS3 version, i can play with all my friends easily and have all the features missing in the Reflex Edition.
With Reflex, i can play with all the Nlife members who have it (Min, Irken, etc,) and will have pointer controls.
However, the PS3 version cost less at Gamestop. (Not sure about Play n' Trade yet)

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

irken004

turtlelink wrote:

Ok i'm considering getting Call of Duty 4. Should i get the PS3 version of the Reflex edition?
With the PS3 version, i can play with all my friends easily and have all the features missing in the Reflex Edition.
With Reflex, i can play with all the Nlife members who have it (Min, Irken, etc,) and will have pointer controls.
However, the PS3 version cost less at Gamestop. (Not sure about Play n' Trade yet)

Well the Reflex version would let you play with us, but you would probably have more fun with the PS3 version's online system. It's a bit more robust than the Wii version, from what I played through.

turtlelink

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Well the Reflex version would let you play with us, but you would probably have more fun with the PS3 version's online system. It's a bit more robust than the Wii version, from what I played through.

Is there a difference?

TurtleLink's backloggery

irken004

turtlelink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Is there a difference?

Well obviously the PS3 versions doesn't have FCs. Here's the wiki page for Modern Warfare, so you can compare both of them.

They're both pretty similar, so it's a matter of deciding how you want to play: wii controls or PS3 controller.

Edited on by irken004

turtlelink

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

irken004 wrote:

turtlelink wrote:

Is there a difference?

Well obviously the PS3 versions doesn't have FCs. Here's the wiki page for Modern Warfare, so you can compare both of them.

They're both pretty similar, so it's a matter of deciding how you want to play: wii controls or PS3 controller.

Read comparisons, saw a video. The Wii one has no lighting, sadly but you can twist the gun which is pretty cool. I guess i'll get the PS3 version because it is cheaper and a little better. But if i get a chance, i'll get the Reflex edition for my B-Day or something like that. It's Sonic Unleashed all over again,

TurtleLink's backloggery

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic