General Discussion Forum

Topic: UFOs

Showing 61 to 79 of 79

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scollurio

61. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

UFOs? Alien encounters? Ridiculous. I'm not saying extraterrestrial life doesn't exist, I think that's completely possible, the universe is immense. Still, we are definitely alone in our solar system. Any alien life would have to travel much faster than the speed of light to get to our planet in any realistic amount of time, and I don't believe any livig thing could possibly travel that fast, no matter how much they perfect space travel. As such, it would take at least hundreds if not thousands of years just to get to our planet, and for what? To watch us? We're not that interesting. We have no great technologies to show them, we can't teach them the secret to world peace, we're rapidly consuming any resources they could pillage... Face it, there's no reason for aliens to go so far out of their way to visit us, and it it's just to observe, I'm sure if they can have the technology to reach our planet they also have technology to observe us without coming all the way over here, satellites or something. Anyone who believes aliens with bother wasting time observing us thinks too highly of mankind, we aren't the center of the universe. That being said, I don't believe any life, us or extraterrestrial, could possibly travel the distance in space between solar systems, at least without it being a large expedition spanning generations, at which point it wouldn't be to observe but rather to colonize or pillage for resources.

Space travel theoretically is possible with almost speed of light, you can read lots about those theories on the web, still your argument is valid, even if we or anyone else can travel that fast it would take hundreds and thousands of years to reach the next solar system (and we're not taking next galaxy yet) - that is in a straight line of course. There are many theories about bending space-time and since we're so limited in our technology and imagination it's a possibiity.

As for "what's so interesting about us to bother coming here" well at first glance I also agree with you. As we are now I'd even dare to see we're the most primitive greed driven society in the whole universe. On the other hand I've been to egypt and peru myself, because im so interested in the ancient astronauts theory (that aliens visited planet earth thousands of years ago and might have had direct influence on the creation of mankind) and found many odd things there in museums and around temples myself, even took pictures. Hundreds.

Anyways, the theory of ancient aliens and the oddities in the creation myths is a subject thats really really really huges. I read countless books about it, even the bible and the koran themselves, but just because I am really into ancient history, of course I cannot ask the same amount of dedication of someone else especially since it's such a highly speculative subject.

As it stands your points are valid and respectable. Thats your beliefs and they make sense, thank you for being an intelligent human being, its not always necessary to agree on something to get along! ;)

Just be prepared if we ever make officially contact that I might send you private message with the subject-line "Told ya so!" :)

No regrets.

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MrArcade

62. Posted:

I have proof!
http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/fn50ceef89.jpg

MrArcade

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Scollurio

63. Posted:

Neither that nor a good sense of humor...

No regrets.

3DS Friend Code: 5456-0104-5998

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

64. Posted:

Scollurio wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

UFOs? Alien encounters? Ridiculous. I'm not saying extraterrestrial life doesn't exist, I think that's completely possible, the universe is immense. Still, we are definitely alone in our solar system. Any alien life would have to travel much faster than the speed of light to get to our planet in any realistic amount of time, and I don't believe any livig thing could possibly travel that fast, no matter how much they perfect space travel. As such, it would take at least hundreds if not thousands of years just to get to our planet, and for what? To watch us? We're not that interesting. We have no great technologies to show them, we can't teach them the secret to world peace, we're rapidly consuming any resources they could pillage... Face it, there's no reason for aliens to go so far out of their way to visit us, and it it's just to observe, I'm sure if they can have the technology to reach our planet they also have technology to observe us without coming all the way over here, satellites or something. Anyone who believes aliens with bother wasting time observing us thinks too highly of mankind, we aren't the center of the universe. That being said, I don't believe any life, us or extraterrestrial, could possibly travel the distance in space between solar systems, at least without it being a large expedition spanning generations, at which point it wouldn't be to observe but rather to colonize or pillage for resources.

Space travel theoretically is possible with almost speed of light, you can read lots about those theories on the web, still your argument is valid, even if we or anyone else can travel that fast it would take hundreds and thousands of years to reach the next solar system (and we're not taking next galaxy yet) - that is in a straight line of course. There are many theories about bending space-time and since we're so limited in our technology and imagination it's a possibiity.

As for "what's so interesting about us to bother coming here" well at first glance I also agree with you. As we are now I'd even dare to see we're the most primitive greed driven society in the whole universe. On the other hand I've been to egypt and peru myself, because im so interested in the ancient astronauts theory (that aliens visited planet earth thousands of years ago and might have had direct influence on the creation of mankind) and found many odd things there in museums and around temples myself, even took pictures. Hundreds.

Anyways, the theory of ancient aliens and the oddities in the creation myths is a subject thats really really really huges. I read countless books about it, even the bible and the koran themselves, but just because I am really into ancient history, of course I cannot ask the same amount of dedication of someone else especially since it's such a highly speculative subject.

As it stands your points are valid and respectable. Thats your beliefs and they make sense, thank you for being an intelligent human being, its not always necessary to agree on something to get along! ;)

Just be prepared if we ever make officially contact that I might send you private message with the subject-line "Told ya so!" :)

Even considering "bending space-time", if it is possible, is a bad idea in my opinion. Even with the best intentions, good science can be used for extremely destructive purposes. Nuclear energy may be a great form of power but that same research brought about nuclear warfare, and no species of life should ever have such power. And assuming it wouldn't be used maliciously, there are accidents and unexpected side effects. Chernobyl? Nuclear research is child's play compared to tampering with space-time. In theory, even if it's possible, it would be just as possible that we completely rip apart reality. I hope that if there is other intelligent life out there, they are at least somewhat more responsible than humanity, and that includes not taking chances with such risky science. As for the idea that aliens visited earth thousands of years ago... What is this, Scientology? The religion based off of a science fiction book? If aliens were capable of such feats, they surely would've been able to terraform a planet much closer to them and cultivate life there, rather than millions of light years away.

I don't mean to disrespect your beliefs, I have religious beliefs that I am not going to bring into this discussion, and so I'm not saying your belief is impossible. Who am I to know the nature of the universe? Still, I find it incredibly unlikely that any aliens have made contact with our planet of all places in the universe, I read a lot about astronomy and our planet is nowhere realistically close to any other planets capable of supporting life, we're on the edge of our galaxy for that matter, any extraterrestrials surely would find closer planets to them.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RancidVomit86

65. Posted:

I believe there are E.T.'s. I always say, this who big ass universe and Earth is the only planet with life...sounds fishy to me.

Xbox Live Gamer Tag - RancidVomit86
Battle.net - Dayman
Wii Code - 4335 5256 5880 9373
iOS Game Center - RancidVomit86

Writer for www.sega-addicts.com

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Happy_Mask

66. Posted:

ShadJV wrote:

Scollurio wrote:

ShadJV wrote:

UFOs? Alien encounters? Ridiculous. I'm not saying extraterrestrial life doesn't exist, I think that's completely possible, the universe is immense. Still, we are definitely alone in our solar system. Any alien life would have to travel much faster than the speed of light to get to our planet in any realistic amount of time, and I don't believe any livig thing could possibly travel that fast, no matter how much they perfect space travel. As such, it would take at least hundreds if not thousands of years just to get to our planet, and for what? To watch us? We're not that interesting. We have no great technologies to show them, we can't teach them the secret to world peace, we're rapidly consuming any resources they could pillage... Face it, there's no reason for aliens to go so far out of their way to visit us, and it it's just to observe, I'm sure if they can have the technology to reach our planet they also have technology to observe us without coming all the way over here, satellites or something. Anyone who believes aliens with bother wasting time observing us thinks too highly of mankind, we aren't the center of the universe. That being said, I don't believe any life, us or extraterrestrial, could possibly travel the distance in space between solar systems, at least without it being a large expedition spanning generations, at which point it wouldn't be to observe but rather to colonize or pillage for resources.

Space travel theoretically is possible with almost speed of light, you can read lots about those theories on the web, still your argument is valid, even if we or anyone else can travel that fast it would take hundreds and thousands of years to reach the next solar system (and we're not taking next galaxy yet) - that is in a straight line of course. There are many theories about bending space-time and since we're so limited in our technology and imagination it's a possibiity.

As for "what's so interesting about us to bother coming here" well at first glance I also agree with you. As we are now I'd even dare to see we're the most primitive greed driven society in the whole universe. On the other hand I've been to egypt and peru myself, because im so interested in the ancient astronauts theory (that aliens visited planet earth thousands of years ago and might have had direct influence on the creation of mankind) and found many odd things there in museums and around temples myself, even took pictures. Hundreds.

Anyways, the theory of ancient aliens and the oddities in the creation myths is a subject thats really really really huges. I read countless books about it, even the bible and the koran themselves, but just because I am really into ancient history, of course I cannot ask the same amount of dedication of someone else especially since it's such a highly speculative subject.

As it stands your points are valid and respectable. Thats your beliefs and they make sense, thank you for being an intelligent human being, its not always necessary to agree on something to get along! ;)

Just be prepared if we ever make officially contact that I might send you private message with the subject-line "Told ya so!" :)

Even considering "bending space-time", if it is possible, is a bad idea in my opinion. Even with the best intentions, good science can be used for extremely destructive purposes. Nuclear energy may be a great form of power but that same research brought about nuclear warfare, and no species of life should ever have such power. And assuming it wouldn't be used maliciously, there are accidents and unexpected side effects. Chernobyl? Nuclear research is child's play compared to tampering with space-time. In theory, even if it's possible, it would be just as possible that we completely rip apart reality. I hope that if there is other intelligent life out there, they are at least somewhat more responsible than humanity, and that includes not taking chances with such risky science. As for the idea that aliens visited earth thousands of years ago... What is this, Scientology? The religion based off of a science fiction book? If aliens were capable of such feats, they surely would've been able to terraform a planet much closer to them and cultivate life there, rather than millions of light years away.

I don't mean to disrespect your beliefs, I have religious beliefs that I am not going to bring into this discussion, and so I'm not saying your belief is impossible. Who am I to know the nature of the universe? Still, I find it incredibly unlikely that any aliens have made contact with our planet of all places in the universe, I read a lot about astronomy and our planet is nowhere realistically close to any other planets capable of supporting life, we're on the edge of our galaxy for that matter, any extraterrestrials surely would find closer planets to them.


It was completely necessary. :P

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CerealKiller528

67. Posted:

Okay. I have a new theory. What if aliens are advanced humans with the possibility to travel back in time. I mean like humans (insert large #) from now that have advanced technology way beyond our understanding. The reason the humans look different is because people evolve over time. Now this isn't the best source, but in the movie A.I., the robots evolve from looking like humans, then fast forward 2,000 years later, they evolve to looking like aliens. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_ucAE_GrFrfM/S8FXi7Wvw5I/AAAAAAAAEYc... So in conclusion, aliens = advanced human being

Edited on by CerealKiller528

Just a guy making solo music using Garageband.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

68. Posted:

I've heard that theory a lot, and yeah, I almost find it more believable (if somewhat more vain and unimaginative) than extraterrestrials from Millions of Lightyears away.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

Mecha Wolf Prime

Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi
Scary Wolfrun...
...Scared Wolfrun

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

andyutd97

69. Posted:

Personally I think you have to be incredibly naive not to believe in Aliens. The size of space and number of galaxies surely something is out there.

andyutd97

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Link-Hero

70. Posted:

Maybe aliens visiting us have never and will never happen, but thinking that we're the only life forms in the whole universe is just ignorant. I mean, if there are earth like planets in the universe, doesn't that mean there has to be SOME kind of life forms on it? Oxygen, water, bacteria, plants, herbivores, carnivores, ect. Everything that is required to keep a planet like our own alive and stable. You don't even need intelligent life forms on it to keep it that way.

ShadJV wrote:

...it would take at least hundreds if not thousands of years just to get to our planet, and for what? To watch us? We're not that interesting. We have no great technologies to show them, we can't teach them the secret to world peace, we're rapidly consuming any resources they could pillage... Face it, there's no reason for aliens to go so far out of their way to visit us, and it it's just to observe, I'm sure if they can have the technology to reach our planet they also have technology to observe us without coming all the way over here, satellites or something. Anyone who believes aliens with bother wasting time observing us thinks too highly of mankind, we aren't the center of the universe...

We humans observe primitive/other animal life forms on our own planet and visit/send robots to other planets in our galaxy even though there is little benefit in it. We do it so we could possibly learn/find something, even though it might be small. Who says aliens from other planets doesn't want that either?

Also, like you said, there is no logical reason to visit a faraway place where you could risk/waste your own kind's life. If there are intelligent life forms that are a lot more advanced than us, they should be smart enough to send some disposable robots to go instead. They can just send some robots at light speeds (or whatever they use for transportation) towards our planet and wait. Heck, we are doing something like that right now with the Voyager 1 by sending it outside our galaxy in hope we will learn/find something.

Edited on by Link-Hero

Link-Hero

Nintendo Network ID: LinkHero25

AuthorMessage
Avatar

ShadJV

71. Posted:

Link-Hero wrote:

Maybe aliens visiting us have never and will never happen, but thinking that we're the only life forms in the whole universe is just ignorant. I mean, if there are earth like planets in the universe, doesn't that mean there has to be SOME kind of life forms on it? Oxygen, water, bacteria, plants, herbivores, carnivores, ect. Everything that is required to keep a planet like our own alive and stable. You don't even need intelligent life forms on it to keep it that way.

ShadJV wrote:

...it would take at least hundreds if not thousands of years just to get to our planet, and for what? To watch us? We're not that interesting. We have no great technologies to show them, we can't teach them the secret to world peace, we're rapidly consuming any resources they could pillage... Face it, there's no reason for aliens to go so far out of their way to visit us, and it it's just to observe, I'm sure if they can have the technology to reach our planet they also have technology to observe us without coming all the way over here, satellites or something. Anyone who believes aliens with bother wasting time observing us thinks too highly of mankind, we aren't the center of the universe...

We humans observe primitive/other animal life forms on our own planet and visit/send robots to other planets in our galaxy even though there is little benefit in it. We do it so we could possibly learn/find something, even though it might be small. Who says aliens from other planets doesn't want that either?

Also, like you said, there is no logical reason to visit a faraway place where you could risk/waste your own kind's life. If there are intelligent life forms that are a lot more advanced than us, they should be smart enough to send some disposable robots to go instead. They can just send some robots at light speeds (or whatever they use for transportation) towards our planet and wait. Heck, we are doing something like that right now with the Voyager 1 by sending it outside our galaxy in hope we will learn/find something.

I was speaking mainly concerning actual extraterrestrial encounters. Satellites, probes, etc... That's a whole different story. I'm not sure how far any technology would be able to transmit information, even if it could be sent immense distances I don't see how it could travel much faster than the speed of light, but I'll chalk that up to things I simply don't know. I will say unmanned vessels seem more realistic to have visited our planet, or at least passed near it.

Feel free to add me on the Nintendo Network: ShadJV
Here's my 3DS FC, always looking for Pokemon X Friend Safaris: 2191-7643-5167
Peace!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Reala

72. Posted:

Finally a serious plan to take the fight to those dang commie...

Edited on by Reala

Reala

AuthorMessage
Avatar

PKNoUsernameHere

73. Posted:

The very existence of Bronies proves that we are Not Alone in this Universe.

Backlog
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ CLICK NAOW OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Top 5 games: Pokemon HeartGold, Earthbound, Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Zelda: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

74. Posted:

The_Fox wrote:

Is there life on other planets? Logic would say yes, absolutely. Have any other races ever visited Earth? There's never been a shred of evidence, so I'm going to say no.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Bankai

75. Posted:

There is no other life form in this solar system

Therefore if a UFO was real and from an alien planet, it's from a planet advanced enough to do something we as humans are centuries away from having the technology to achieve.

That means the aliens would have vastly superior weaponry to us. Earth is a planet with abundant resources.

You people better hope to high heaven that those UFO sightings were all hoaxes. Or we're gonna need a Commander Sheppard and quick.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Xentra

76. Posted:

It's hard to say which side i'm on because it's fake...and real at the same time...that didn't make sense, did it?

Xentra

Twitter: DJF1ZZE

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SomeBitTripFan

77. Posted:

I saw some aliens once.

Untitled
They stole all the cows! :O

Edited on by SomeBitTripFan

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything truly valid about what I say; Please exercise both.
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

78. Posted:

Given the sheer size of the universe, it is probably inevitable that some other form of intelligent life has developed in at least one other place. With that said, any species advanced enough to move between the vast spaces separating us from them would probably be utterly terrifying. Let's hope if a species truly does conquer the problem of deep space travel that it bears no resemblance at all to us, because if it does, we're toast.

I do not, however, believe these terrifying masters of time and space would spend the amount of energy required to bridge the vast gulf between our two worlds to fly around in tin saucers and harass hillbillies.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Undead_terror

79. Posted:

We will get those terrorist aliens!
Untitled

I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns a Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL and a Wii U Deluxe.

3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror