Forums

Topic: Top Ten Games You Played in 2015

Posts 1 to 20 of 24

ThePirateCaptain

Well it's that time of year again. As we say farewell to 2015 and look forward to the future, I'd also like to look back and reflect on what games I had the pleasure of playing this year. I didn't have as much time to game this year as I had previously, mainly due to college and dealing with depression, but I still managed to play some pretty great titles. These are my personal favorites and I encourage you to share yours as well.

Note - Games do not need to be released in 2015 to be eligible for this list, I just had to play or beat them for the first time this year.

10. Antichamber
Antichamber deserved a spot on this list simply for how unique it is. If you've ever played it, then you know how surreal the game world is. It plays with our expectations of conventional game design and does so very cleverly. The only reason it is so low is because I thought the second half of the game brought a drop in the quality of the puzzles. Nothing flat out bad, just not as good as the first half. There isn't anything out there quite like Antichamber, and I'm glad I had the chance to experience it.

9. Gunman Clive 2
This sequel to a fun little eShop title improved upon the original in every way. More imaginative level designs, more color in the levels, and more of the old-school platforming I loved from Gunman Clive. Despite the short length, I really enjoyed my time with this one.

8. Fast Racing Neo
A fairly recent title, but I feel that I've spent enough time with it to justify its spot here. Many people compared it to F-Zero, but Fast Racing Neo has an identity of its own. It's blazing fast, gorgeous to look at, and a ton of fun to play. I wish it had a bit more content, but it's an extremely well crafted game as it is. Hats off to you Shin'en.

7. Fire Emblem: Binding Blade
The sixth entry in the Fire Emblem series, and the first to the GameBoy Advance, that unfortunately hasn't seen an official release out of Japan. Thanks to dedicated fans I was able to play a translated version of it. While it's not quite as polished as Fire Emblem 7, it still has solid gameplay and a decent story. Nothing really surprising or special here, just a great entry in a great series.

6. Code Name S.T.E.A.M.
This title was sadly overlooked which is really a shame. The combination of turn-based strategy and third-person shooting is a great fit. The story and characters are great and I just love the game's setting and personality. It's sad that one of Nintendo's most unique and interesting titles was forgotten shortly after it launched. It's not a title for everyone, but I enjoyed my time with it quite a lot.

5. Super Mario Maker
I never knew that creating my own Mario levels could be this fun. Being given free reign with all manner of tools at your disposal to create whatever you can imagine is fantastic. Unfortunately, Mario Maker didn't hold my attention for too long. If I was more invested in creating levels this would probably be higher, but I still had fun during my time with it. Playing other people's levels online is pretty fun as well.

4. Dirty Bomb
This little FPS gem came out of nowhere and sucked up countless hours of my time. While I haven't been playing it as much recently, the 80+ hours I invested in it were all a blast. It's not often we get a team focused, objective based shooter, especially one as good as Dirty Bomb. The best thing about it? It's completely free.

3. Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft
I jumped on the Heartstone ship a little late, but that doesn't mean it's any less fun. I've spent countless hours battling other people online and it never gets old. There's something so addicting about it, even when you lose. I don't really know what else to say, just give it a try if you never have.

2. Splatoon
Talk about the surprise of the year for me. I wasn't really excited for Splatoon leading up to its launch. I bought it on a whim and boy am I glad I did. Nintendo's colorful, inky shooter is some of the most fun I've had with any game. The ability to transform between a squid and a kid is brilliant and allows for so much mobility around the maps. The focus on painting turf rather than simply killing enemies makes the game such a blast. I can pick it up anytime and jump right in . Rather than raving about Splatoon, more, I'll just say that the game is amazing and almost took my number one spot.

1. Doom / Doom II
While it was close between Doom and Splatoon, in the end I had to go with Doom. It's amazing to see how far first-person shooters have come since Doom. In many ways, they've taken steps backward. There are so many things that make Doom a great shooter and one of my favorite games of all time. The atmosphere, the music, the challenge, the varied cast of monsters, the weapons, the exploration, the level design, the shooting, of course the shooting. It just gets everything right and has aged marvelously. Thanks to source ports, it can be played in HD resolutions with modern controls, not to mention the hundreds of mods that give the game endless replay value.

In a year where I didn't get to play that many games, it was more than made up for by the quality of the titles such as Doom and Splatoon. I look forward to 2016 and its promising lineup, as well as all the games from my backlog I'll finally get to experience.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

BurningSonic

First of all only like half of these actually came out this year.

10.) The Legend of Zelda: Triforce Heroes
The game was fun and got challenging near the end. I loved working together with random people by only using the icons on the bottom screen. However I have seen a couple of trolls in the game. Which is why I still haven't completed the Den of Trials.

9.) Mario & Luigi's Bowser's Inside Story
Ok I had this game for a couple of years but never finished it for unknown reasons. But then some of my friends were talking about the Mario & Luigi RPGs so I decided to go back to it and beat it. Both of gameplay and the story were both great. Makes me want to play the other Mario & Luigi RPGs.

8.) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D
This was the only 3D Zelda game I haven't played yet, so when the remake was announced I was hyped, since I heard so much good things about this one. At first I didn't like the time limit. (Because after I beat the first dungeon I was heading towards the monkeys and time was up. I has to do the whole thing again.) But throughout the game it didn't bother me as much, it was just there. I don't think it's as good as people say it is but I still enjoyed it.

7.) Xenoblade Chronicles X
I've only had this since Christmas so I'm not even close to beating the game. However this game is gorgeous. The gameplay is great just like the original. I spent so much time making my character. Yet, I don't like that their are requirements to continue in the Story. Also I kinda wanted the my character to be his own person like Shulk, but I guess it's still fun making my own decisions to questions.

6.) Kingdom Hearts 2
I recently got into the Kingdom Hearts franchise. I finally beat the original after so long of having it and then got the second game. I liked that even though I didn't play Chain of Memories at the time I still understood the story. This game story and gameplay was much better than the original.

5.) Mega Man Anniversary Collection
This might be cheating cause it has 8 games in but whatever. I've been missing out from this franchise. All the games were great (some better than others). It's a simple platformer but still fun. Still need to find a way to play Mega Man 9 & 10.

4.) Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance
Another Kingdom Hearts game I played this year. The game expands the story even further, and the game introduced a mechanic called FlowMotion which made the battle more fun. I always come back to this game when I'm bored, unlike the other Kingdom Hearts games where I usually stop after I beat the game.

3.) Super Mario Maker
We can finally make our own Mario levels. I loved making my own levels with all the objects available. That's where most of my playtime went to. Which is weird because I thought I wouldn't have much fun doing it, and mostly bought the game to play other people's levels. There are some great levels out there, but they are sadly hidden underneath all the bad levels.

2.) Xenoblade Chronicles 3D
I had this on the Wii but never got around to it. Which might have been a good thing. I enjoyed that it was portable so that I can play and grind anywhere (Because I knew I would have to grind eventually.) This game's story was incredible and made me keep playing even though it was the middle of the night.😅 This game is one of my favorite RPGs.

1.) Splatoon
When this was first announced I thought it looked cool, but I wasn't exactly super hyped. I did get it on launch day due to my brother. Glad I did. This game was addictive. I've put so many hours into this game doing the singleplayer, getting all the weapons/clothes and of course playing online. And I can't believe how much content we've gotten since launch. Unlike other people I thought we had enough content at launch. This game is definitely my Game of the Year.

Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489
Fire Emblem Fates Castle 16401-82620-88445-74773
My Mario Maker Levels
The Burnloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-6828-7489

Kingrat

In no particular order:-

Resident Evil Revelations 2 (PC) - Really enjoyed this game, just as I enjoyed the first on both the 3DS and later on PC. The double protagonist concept nullifies a lot of the scares and is a bit of a nuisance outside of co-op. Still, solid faux old-school resident evil game-play and addictive as hell Raid mode made this one of my favourite games all year and had me completing multiple playthroughs and unlocking a lot of raid mode content (hard to find online partners sometimes).

Elliot's Quest (PC) - The perfect love-letter to old school platformers with the non-linear exploration and progression of a metroidvania. Elliot's Quest is a joy to play, contains minimal bugs and even offers a new game+ with alternate costume. Great puzzles, secrets, dungeons and bosses, a truly unexpected gem.

Xenoblade Chronicles 3D(s) - A huge, emotional games with tons of extra content and collectibles.It can be a little grindy at times and a somewhat imperfect combat system keep it from being perfect but still an incredible, dense RPG well worth anyone's time. Terrific voice acting too.

One Piece Unlimited World Red (3DS) - Picked this up cheap off the e-shop, ended up loving it. Not an avid watcher of the series but am a big fan of its world and art style. Plenty to find and collect, bug-catching, fishing and side quests offer plenty of content while the beat-em-up combat never gets 'too' stale. Some of the later bosses are quite well designed too, definitely a recommended action rpg (I found the 3ds version just a little better than the Wii, mainly due to portability)

Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer (3DS) - Sometimes charm alone will be enough for me to buy a game, and HHD has it in spades. Making houses one after another with a simple theme is surprisingly very fun and relaxing. Watching your town and personal portfolio of designs expand is very gratifying, I just wish they expanded on this idea a little by adding some more traditional elements such as an actual economy or fishing.

Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS) - Do I need to explain this one? 300 hours in the game is still just as fun and I still haven't finished the bloody thing. Picked up the MH New 3DSXL too, which is pretty nice.

Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance (3DS) - It's Kingdom Hearts, it looks great, and it's portable, what more could I ask for? Waited longer than I should have to play this but enjoyed it greatly. Flowmotion is a little hit and miss and allows you to get anywhere at any time, but it's a solid enough concept (and seems to be returning). The pokemon-amie/dream eaters thing seemed a little tacked on and I would have preferred actual party members but it's no huge loss. Still has great combat, music and settings, hopefully we'll see more on handheld in the future.

Drakengard 3 (PS3) - As a huge fan of Nier I had to play this despite all the poor reviews and glaring technical issues, and lo and behold I ended up really enjoying it. It's a pretty rough game and is sometimes a bit too gratuitous, but if you can look past its flaws it's a very gripping action rpg with a weird storyline and brutal end boss.

SMITE (PC) - Now i'm not a huge fan of MOBA's on the whole but SMITE is incredible. A very fun,complex online fighting game featuring gods and goddesses from various real-world mythologies. it's concept alone was more than enough to draw me in, and now nearly 3000+ later, it's still just as good. Honestly the most fun I've ever had playing a video game, grab a couple of mates and dive in, you won't regret it. (Also handles F2P very well, through the god pack which unloicks all character ever for a one time purchase) (Seriously, check this one out, it deserves it)

Bloodborne (PS4) - A faster, gothic reskin of Dark/Demon's souls and FromSoftware's first next gen title. This was great, the combat was different but not enough to make it feel like less of a souls game and the exploration remained pretty similar. Huge fan of the lovecraftian influences but a couple of gameplay decisions hampered my enjoyment a little. Feeling somewhat incomplete at launch compared to the grand scale of the souls series, and leaving me somewhat disappointed as a result, i'm looking forward to picking up the Old Hunters expansion down the line. Still a very solid action rpg and finally a good PS4 exclusive.

Edited on by Kingrat

Kingrat

I-U

The only game I've completed below is Metroid Prime Pinball of the ones that can be completed. The rest I've mainly just been playing. Unfortunately for XCX, I just haven't put much time into the game. I'm currently sitting under 4 hours of playtime with that one.

7. Xenoblade Chronicles X
6. Mario Tennis Ultra Smash
5. Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
4. Shovel Knight
3. Metroid Prime Pinball
2. Super Mario Maker
1. Grand Theft Auto 5

"The secret to ultimate power lies in the Alimbic Cluster."

kkslider5552000

there are literally only 5 games I played I could justify putting on this
5. Olliolli
4. One Finger Death Punch
3. Splatoon
2. Xenoblade Chronicles X
1. Undertale

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Tasuki

1. Rocket League (PS4) — While I am not big on sports games, this game is just a blast. I got this for free with PSN+ but honestly I would pay for it. While I don't play many games online this game I only play online.

2. Mortal Kombat X (PS4) — The last MK game that I really got into was MK3. MK X made me fall in love with a series that I didn't enjoy since 3. The roster was great, the game modes gave alot of variety. This one is in my top MK list as well.

3. Star Wars KotOR (Xbox) — Everything I heard about this game was true it true is one of the best SW games out there.

4. Halo (Xbox) — What can I say I didn't play this game till this year and I can see why it's held in such high regards. A great game for Multiplayer night with the guys.

5. Transformers Devestation (PS4) — Quite simple this is the Transformers video game us 80's kids have been waiting for.

6. Castlevania Rondo of Blood (TG-16) — One of the few Castlevania games I have not played till this year. Quite possible my favorite Classic Castlevania.

7. Aladdin (Sega Genesis) — Which one is better SNES or Genesis? Who knows but they are both fun. I never played the Genesis version till earlier this year and I enjoyed it alot, can't say I like it more then the SNES but it was enjoyable.

8. Sonic All Stars Transformed (Wii U) — I will say to me this is the best racing game on the Wii U even better then Mario Kart 8. I don't find it as cheap as MK 8 and I love the track designs and the fanservice is a great plus.

9. Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon (PS3) — OMG 80's overload. I love how much of the 80s this game captures. Plus the gameplay is great.

10. Fur Fighters (Dreamcast) — Another game that I enjoy multiplayer with the guys. A bunch of stuff animals running around shooting the stuffing out of each other. Yeah it is just like it sounds.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Gamer83

1. Yakuza 5
2. Rise of the Tomb Raider
3. Forza Motorsport 6
4. Mortal Kombat X
5. Resident Evil: Revelations 2
6. Assassin's Creed: Syndicate
7. Transformers Devastation
8. Tearaway Unfolded
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3
10. Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

RevolverLink

In no particular, and not including remakes or enhanced ports of games I'd played in their previous releases (sorry, Majora's Mask 3D, Tales of Symphonia HD and Okami HD):

Undertale
Journey
Flower
Downwell
The Walking Dead (Season One)
Valkyria Chronicles
Dark Souls
Xenoblade Chronicles
Theathrythm Final Fantasy: Curtain Call
Final Fantasy V Advance

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

RR529

10. Fairune (Android) - It's a completely free little JRPG, and while it only takes a couple hours to run through, it's charming, and the final boss takes the form of a surprisingly fun Shmup section.

9. Tiny Dangerous Dungeons (Android) - A completely free "Metroidvania" styled game with cool Gameboy inspired pixel art. It only takes a few hours to run through, but it was a fun time.

8. Zen Pinball (Android) - I've played the 3DS version before, but the tables I've played on my tablet aren't on the 3DS version. I'd really like to give a shout out to the South Park & Portal tables, which I've probably played the most, and are very true to the source material.

7. the Pinball Arcade (Android) - I haven't actually bought any tables on this one yet, but that's because there's a free version of every table they have, and I've gotten a lot out of just that. While Zen really got me into pinball, and I haven't played much of it IRL, I find there's something a bit more magical & appealing with TPA's real world recreations, than Zen's tables.

6. Zone of the Enders HD (360) - There's a lot of backtracking and most levels are repetitive, but the gameplay is just so much fun I don't really care. Plus, I love the game's world, and the boss fights are really fun (even if most of them are backended into a sort of end of game gauntlet).

5. Lost Planet: Extreme Condition (360) - A pretty standard shooter, but it's not a genre I play much so that really didn't bother me. Once you get the hang of them the mechs are fun, and it has a very memorable boss lineup (the giant Akrid really impress).

4. Metal Gear Rising (360) - I'll start out by saying that this game looks absolutely gorgeous. The high octane action gameplay is simply bada** fun, and it's full of the kinds of stuff I like (lots of collectables including concept art, neat & sometimes funny Easter eggs).

3. Zone of the Enders: the Second Runner HD (360) - It builds on the foundations of the first game, and as a result is even more enjoyable. Gameplay is more refined, graphics are more stylized & detailed, more varied mission types, etc. Really quite the standout game.

2. Dragon Quest IV (Android) - This was my first foray into DQ, and I really liked it. I enjoyed that each character got their own little adventure before the main quest, the different dialects truly made every land feel unique, and it was really nice just digging into an old school JRPG.

1. Final Fantasy IV (Android) - I've played it originally on GBA, but this was my first time actually beating it. It was nice finally seeing the conclusion to an adventure I had started over a decade ago on my GBA, and while they were simple, I really liked the polygonal 3D makeover.

The top three are probably interexchangeable.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

jump

In no order;

Splatoon
Little Battlers eXperience
Super Mario Maker
Code Name: STEAM
OlliOlli
Sunset Overdrive
Yoshi's Woolly World
Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
Azure Striker Gunvolt
The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

AlliMeadow

2015 was the year I broadened my horizon on gaming by playing games other than Mario, Mario Kart and Pokémon, so for me 2015 has been my favorite year in gaming ever.

10. RUSH
I know it's a tiny puzzle game, but I really enjoy the concept and it is a game I play almost every time I use my Wii U because it's so much fun. I never play for long, but it's really enjoyable.

9. Metroid Prime Trilogy
I haven't completed the first game yet, because my patience wears thin when I don't know where to go. I still enjoy what I've played a lot and I have been spending about 15 hours on this game so far.

8. FAST Racing NEO
I just got this game a couple of days ago and I enjoy the fast pace of it all. I love the color mechanics. I don't know why, but I never really enjoyed FZero GX, but this game somehow keeps me playing.

7. Super Mario Maker
I've spent over 60 hours on this game creating levels and playing the few good levels I could find. My problem with this game is that most levels people create are horrible. Either they're difficult just because, auto-levels or just plain bad. I have enjoyed making some levels, but they take so long to make, so I usually only play it with friends or when a new event-course appears.

6. Metroid: Zero Mission
I love this game. I would rather Nintendo produce a new 2D Metroid than a 3D game like the Prime series. It has enough exploring without me going crazy because I'm stuck every half hour.

5. Fire Emblem: Awakening
I haven't completed it yet. Mostly because I don't care for the story or characters. I love the gameplay though! The tactical aspects of the game are so much fun. I want to get invested into the story, but I really don't have the patience. If I want good storytelling I go to the movies or the theatre.

4. Yoshi's Woolly World
This game is one of my favorite games ever. It is easily my favorite platformer. I don't enjoy the other games in the series nearly as much, and I have no clue as to why that is. Everything in this game is just so cute and soothing. And finding everything was just so addicting!

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X
I didn't really like the first game, because it felt too story driven for my taste, but the freedom this game gives me is just wonderful! I actually do enjoy the plot of this game as well. I love how they justify little things like why everyone's speaking english, etc. A huge pluss for being beautiful.

2. Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker
I had a hard time deciding whether this should be my top spot or not. I really hope Nintendo make a sequel with double amount of stages! The only reason this lost to the number 1 spot is that it's quite short, and not very replayable.

1. Splatoon
I never enjoyed shooters. They're always so gritty and gory and "hey, let's make killing people fun!" Splatoon isn't like that at all. Yes, I enjoy shooting other players in the game, but it feels so different from other shooters. I also love the maps and the mechanics and all the colors, it's just an amazing game.

AlliMeadow

Nintendo Network ID: Alli-V-Meadow

Ralizah

10) Xenoblade Chronicles 3D (N3DS): While it's certainly not the masterpiece people were selling it to me as, I eventually came to really enjoy this game around the halfway point. The combat system eventually comes into its own and becomes very engaging. The story gets a lot better. And it has a few really good songs in it.

9) Super Mario Maker (Wii U): This is a game I definitely like more in theory than in execution. Nonetheless, I still think this a great game, and arguably one that should have been a Wii U launch title.

8) Far Cry 4 (PS4): I've never played FC3, so I can't speak to the criticism that this is too similar to that game. What I do know is that I spent a good month staying up into the wee hours of the morning harassing hapless soldiers, fending off terrifying honey badgers and generally driving around acting like a complete psychopath. It's very rewarding in its own way.

7) Splatoon (Wii U): This one was certainly a surprise. I wasn't expecting to enjoy this game nearly as much as I did. I don't care much for shooters to begin with, and am especially not a fan of competitive ones, but something about this game feels... approachable. Even when you're getting creamed by people who are clearly far better at the game than you will ever be.

6) Danganronpa Another Episode: Ultra Despair Girls (PS Vita): While I understand the complaints many have with various aspects of this game, the whole experience really came together very well for me. While it's not as incredible as Danranronpa 2, I really appreciated the way it still FELT like a DR game, even with the huge gameplay changes. The dark storyline, great character development, and snappy music really made this one memorable for me.

5) Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth (3DS): I put off playing this for a number of reasons, including the infuriating "Atlus tax" price point it launched with and the fact that I've never ventured very far into Persona 3 and felt like I wouldn't be able to appreciate the characters from that game as a result. I was wrong. While I'm only 40 or so hours again, this game has continually exceeded my expectations. It has top-notch writing, an amazing OST that rivals the main Persona games, a fantastic evolution of the EO battle system, and some of the most engaging dungeon design I've seen in years.

4) Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (3DS): A hardcore, seemingly endless game that has consumed many, many hours of my life at this point. The online multiplayer was also really well-done. And this has easily benefited the most from my upgrade to the New 3DS, with a smoother framerate, more detailed textures, and much easier camera controls.

3) P.T (PS4): Yes, I know, it's merely a playable teaser for a game that will unfortunately never exist. Nonetheless, this was a terrifying, brilliantly-designed game that consumed a few sleepless nights after I first got the PS4 at the beginning of the year. It's still the best game I've played on the system.

2) Danganronpa 2: Goodbye Despair (PS Vita): This one was almost my top pick. I was a bit disappointed with the original game, and so I put off playing this one after it came out last year. I decided to start playing it while I was on a cruise, and that turned out to be both a good and a very bad idea. A good idea because I became deeply immersed in this game. I fell into its wacky darkness, and embraced the brilliantly absurd experience with open arms. I platinumed this, and then was so desperate for more DR that I actually went back to the original and got the platinum trophy in that one as well. I love everything about this game, and it is easily the best time I've had with my Vita this year.

1) The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS): This game is utterly incredible. I can't believe I missed out on playing this masterpiece for so long. The whole experience was so haunting, touching, engrossing. Such a huge improvement over the bland Ocarina of Time, in my opinion. While I didn't completely 100% it, I did collect all the masks and completed the majority of the optional content.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

veeflames

7 top games in no particular order (some I've yet to clear but loved every minute of it)
Resident Evil 5 - X360
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - Wii U VC
Pikmin 3 - Wii U
Advance Wars: Dual Strike - DS
Smash Bros. 4 - Wii U/3DS
Fast Racing Neo - Wii U
Nintendo Badge Arcade - 3DS

Now for my top 3 games of 2015...
3. Super Mario Maker (Wii U): I really doubted that I could make Mario stages so easily, but I was surprised at how quick I finished my first stage. Then I started playing other people's stages. The potential for this game is so bewildering, and I definitely see myself playing this well into 2016.
2. Mario Kart 8 + DLC (Wii U): Normally I don't care for DLC that much to even pay for them, but I couldn't pass up the fact that two of my favorite courses (Baby Park and Neo Bowser City) were brought back. And who doesn't love racing as Link in Hyrule Circuit? Not to mention the fantastic F-Zero courses and the oddly fascinating Super Bell Subway course. Easily the best DLC I've spent my money on.
1. Splatoon: Because why not? Like many others here, I'm not that into shooters as I am with other genres, but Splatoon is just so addicting, even when you keep losing matches upon matches. There's really not much to say here... except that while Splatoon is still a new franchise, Nintendo has yet another diamond-solid gem on its hands that matches up with the highest in its arsenal of IPs. I can't wait to see where Nintendo takes it next.

So... yeah, somewhat thin list of games that were released in 2015, then. But I'm not the type of person that buys games during their launch year, not to talk of their exact launch date. Instead, I go back to my backlog of games and see which games to play.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Haru17

Just of new games:

1) Fallout 4 (The best world building in an RPG.)
2) Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate (The best melee combat in any game. [good year 4 '4's])
3) Life is Strange (Best Telltale-style game.)
4) Metal Gear Solid 5 (Fun game to play, the main story is borked like any open world game.)
5) Hearthstone: Blackrock Mountain, The Grand Tournament, and League of Explorers (Pairs great with public transportation.)
6) Crypt of the Necrodancer (Best Mystery Dungeon game I've played. [Technically I played it in '014, but it came out this year so...])
7) Pokemon: Super Mystery Dungeon (Charming game, haven't gotten very far into it.)
8) Begrudgingly the Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (It annoys me on virtually every level.)
9) Batman: Arkham Knight? (Really?!? I haven't played a better 9th game!?)
10) Star Wars: Battlefront (I guess. I mean it's okay...)

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

SuperMarioMaster

With the year coming to an end, I think it's time for us to share our opinions on our favs this year. Since we all know Nintendo had a struggling year throughout, I am just going to spread the very last seeds before the ball drops and its 2016. Let's begin.

5.Rocket League
With all the multiplayer games, rocket league was a roof raiser.
It combined gravitational psychics and soccer into a intense and goofy game.
Sorry triforce heroes and majora's mask 3D, multiplayer wasn't to charming and didn't last a life time, and falling moons didn't strike me with "fear."
When you scored, it felt revolutionary, when you failed, it felt horrible. Choosing through differed cars and servers of random team mates and opponments, the options felt like an infinite maze. While it all came into a closing, the scores rallying up and the sweet sound of ear blowing victory can fill one with cheer. But playing over and over OVER again could be back killing.
Recommended: Mulitplayer: 4 out of 5. Soundtrack/OST: 2 out of 5. Playability: 4 out of 5.

4.Animal Crossing: Happy Home Designer
Animal crossing is such a charming and all age apporopriate series, it's hard to not smile, say dawwwww, or hug your console...
Okay maybe not that last one...But when your able to create houses for your favorite villagers and even new ones, it feels like a dream! The one company you once hated is the one company you now absolutely love! This game introduces a couple new characters, some awesome features, and the house designs and furnishes are endless to the void. Cuz steal my cap, those lists go on for hours! Don't play for to long though, it could get dull!
Recommended: Online: 4 out of 5. Soundtrack/OST: 5 out of 5. Playability: 4 out of 5.

3.Splatoon
When Nintendo announced a new game last year, let's just say it wasn't in the spot light as much as the others...I finally caught up more on this, weird paintball tf2 game. I HATED it. I know, unexpected right? It took to much of the trailers and Nintendo's other games, it didn't look so well, and unpopular. Now look where I went. I squid Stuck in its own tentacles. I decided to give it a shot, and I regret saying I hated it at all mass. Though it could be bland once in a while, it was truly hypnotic in every squiddin' way! This glorious new ip is a top mark!
Recommended: Multiplayer/Online: 5 out of 5. Soundtrack/OST: 5 out of 5. Playability: 4 out of 5.

2.Undertale
The tumblr famous rpg that nobody asked for and came out of no-where is a gem. Undertale never brought a tear to my eye, but it brought a new rpg style play to the plate of role playing. With a towering fan base that is half great and half cancerous, it succeeded to be the number one best game of all time on the gamefaq poll. While it is a short and eye-watering, it has those magical moments that feel a "soulful." joke snare This game is healthy on creepy, happy, funny, ear raping, and, well, emotional!
Recommended: Multiplayer: 0 out of 0. Soundtrack/OST: 5 out of 5. Playability: 5 out of 5.

1.Super Mario Maker
As is it isn't already obvious, this game meets all my standards. Ever since my childhood, ever since e3 2014, EVER SINCE MY FIRST MARIO GAME, I have wanted to create my own Mario levels. With many items, enemies, power ups and blocks to choose from, you can create easy, all the way to complete HELL levels like Ross' (RubberNinja). You can also create automatic levels, run levels, remake old Mario game levels or even things from other games! You can also get amiibo/character costumes from scanning amiibos or completing a lot of 100 Mario challenges. You can shake objects to get various outcomes for more items. By far, my GOTY.
Recommended: Multiplayer/Online: 5 out of 5. Soundtrack/OST: 5 out of 5. Playbility: 5 out of 5.

WELP, that wraps up my GOTYs. I hope you have a good one hour left before 2016! -SuperMarioMaster.

Edited on by SuperMarioMaster

WAHOO

Nintendo Network ID: jbarnes

SuperPokefan95

I haven't played ten new games this year, its mainly been cleaning up my backlog. I could include some but I haven't beaten some of them completely so I'll just stick to games released in 2015 or games I played a lot in 2015. My top 5 games of 2015 are...

5 - Shin Megami Tensei IV ~ While I haven't gotten close to beating this game, (still have to finish a Chaos, Law, and then Neutral run) but I started getting more into this game. The beginning of this game was a real slog for me but it started picking up around the Tokyo section and I didn't stop playing until I got to the Ring of Gaea section. I will probably try to beat this game before Shin Megami Tensei IV Final comes out. If I enjoy the rest of SMTIV, I might consider picking that one up.

4 - Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U ~ The games that keep on giving. I think of the two of them, I play the 3DS version more, (just out of sheer convenience) but I played the Wii U version a lot this year. I only have 6 more challenges and then they are done. I don't know if I'll ever finish them but I have done them without using the hammers so that is an achievement in my eyes. I also look forward to playing more of these two when Kamui, (don't really care for Corrin :/) and Bayonetta come out.

3 - Super Mario Maker ~ A very fun Birthday gift. While I am not a huge fan of some of the "Expert" levels, (mainly based on poor design or hidden stars to get through the level) I really like this game. There are still some things they need to add but this is a very user friendly level editor and there are a lot great levels in this game. I hope this game continues to get supported long into 2016 and maybe even 2017.

2 - Splatoon ~ This would probably be my game of the year if not for one small issue. Well, its kind of a big issue. My internet is not very good :/. If my internet was good, then this game would be GoTY hands down. I love this game. It has so march charm to it. I wish I could have jumped on with everyone else back in May but I had to get all of those amiibo instead. Still, better late than never. The music, the art style, the multiplayer, etc. Everything is a blast in this game. As said, I probably would put this as GoTY if my internet was better. I mean, I don't play ranked battles at all anymore just out of fear of disconnecting from the match. I think I will sit at a C+ rank for awhile until I feel confident in my internet connection. Oh well.

1 - Xenoblade Chronicles X ~ While the game has only been out for about a month, this game has been a blast. I haven't played XC for the Wii but I really want to after playing this. There is the 3DS version, but I'd rather play it on the Wii. Either way, this game is fantastic. I never knew how much I wanted a giant, transforming, fying robot. The story may not be that original but I am still really invested. The battle system is also really different. I didn't know if I'd like it but I've gotten used to it. I think my only issues with this game are the grinding and targeting different enemies. Grinding for certain drops from certain enemies can be a chore. I have a feeling it won't get any better either. Also, targeting different enemies is a little annoying. I sometimes hold the button and press y to target left, (or right don't remember) and then I exit my skell. Other than that, I don't have too many issues with it.

Anyways, 2015 was a pretty fun year for me as far as gaming goes. I hope that all the games coming this year will be good. Anyways, I hope everyone has a Happy New Year!

SuperPokefan95

3DS Friend Code: 0447-5046-0418 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperPokefan95 | Twitter:

baba_944

No particular order:

"Donkey Kong Country 2": This game's hard as nails with a lovely soundtrack. I just got it on VC when it came out in US this past March. I love it.

"Sonic 3D Blast PC": I've been looking for a copy of this game all my life and I finally got it in Xmas 2014. i played it most of 2015 and I love it. Gorgeous visual, amazing gameplay and one heck of a soundtrack. It totally butchers the "genesis" port (I want to forget that port).

"Kirby And The Rainbow Curse": Gorgeous visuals and a very cool usage of the gamepad. Too bad I can never look up on the big screen to play it as when I watch the cutscenes on the TV it looks great.

"Yoshi's Woolly World": Like above, it's a great game with amazing visuals. I like the return of Yoshi being on home consoles after a 17 year absence. It feels like a Yoshi game minus Baby Mario. Although I was disappointed with the final boss battle as the main game took me 5 days to complete. Oh well, at least it's hard to get 100% and the secrets.

"Sonic The Hedgehog 4" (both episodes): I love this game to bits and smithereens. The music's great the gameplay's amazing and, for the first time chronologically, you get to play as Metal Sonic.

"Sonic Heroes": It really is the "one new game that never gets old". With 12 playable characters, amazing colorful zones, and killer music, I simply adore this on both PC and PS2.

"Shadow The Hedgehog" It's jam packed with content: great music, multi-player, 10 different stories, great zones and different paths makes it a game you can come back to again and again.

And that''s my 2015 gaming in a nutshell.

Edited on by baba_944

Who are you?

spizzamarozzi

1. Space Giraffe (XBox360) ~ if you could take everything I love about videogames and put it into a single game, this would be that game. It takes the format of Tempest and elevates it to new highs. Not just that, but it takes the only flaw the original Tempest had, and turns it into its strongest point. This is one of those games I can see myself playing for years to come.

2. Super Mario Maker (WiiU) ~ not much to say, for classic Mario fans this is a dream come true. It's like having a well equipped kitchen and a huge pantry, so you can cook your favourite dishes every day.

3. Xenoblade Chronicles X (WiiU) ~ it's a very good game and I had tons of fun playing it, although sometimes I found it to be too complicated for the sake of being complicated. I'm 50 hours in and I feel like I haven't even scratched to surface of what's available in the menu screens - and I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing.

4. Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge (WiiU) ~ the best thing about this game is how it forces you to play differently with every difficulty level. You play normal and you settle on some techniques that work - and then you play the harder modes and find out that those technique are acqually counterproductive. I wish I had a pro-controller though, because I could feel the GamePad cracking in my hands during the intense bits.

5. OlliOlli (WiiU eShop): the best thing OlliOlli does is that it takes two of the most inherently uninteresting things in the universe (skating games and "runner" games) and makes them interesting. The controls were a stroke of genius. It's a very good modern arcade game and it has that x-factor that makes you come back for more.

6. Gridrunner (iOS): this is a perfect update to the original Gridrunner (C64), which already was one of the best games ever made. The only downside is that I had to play it on iPhone and the screen was a bit too small to get the "full experience" (I have a very old model). If I had an iPad, it would be the first game I would buy.

7. Summer carnival '92: Recca (3DS eShop): every year I try to play at least one shmup almost properly (this means learning at least the basics of the combo system and try to beat it without using too many credits). I waited patiently for Nintendo to release Recca on WiiU but I had to get the 3DS version eventually. I try to avoid playing games like this on 3DS because for some reason the ergonomy on the 3DS really hurts my left hand, but this time I had no choice. Recca is a great game, it runs at break-neck speed and it's more about avoiding the power-ups you don't want than avoiding the bullets. I couldn't make it past level-4.

8. Canvaleon (WiiU eShop): a stealth platform game. Graphically it looks like one of those super-cute 32bit platformers (think Rayman). The twist is that instead of beating or jumping on enemies, you sneak past them using camouflage you draw yourself with the GamePad. Super clever and very challenging.

9. Tetrobot & Co. (WiiU eShop): another super clever puzzle game, this features some of the most soul-destrying puzzles I have played in recent memory.

10. Splatoon (WiiU): great fun while it lasted but online games are definitely not for me.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Waluigifan

I only played two games that came out in 2015, so here's my list:

1) Undertale (PC)
2) Super Mario Maker (Wii U)

A horrible thing has crossed my path. Dark forebodings of a cruel, threatening fate tower over me like dark clouds, which no friendly sunbeam can penetrate.

Nintendo Network ID: waluigisrevenge | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Undertale is by far the GOTY for me. The rest is in no particular order:

• Splatoon
  • Mario Maker
  • Yoshi's Woolly World
  • Final Fantasy 15 Episode Duscae
  • Majora's Mask 3D
  • Tales of Zestiria (I am obligated to put it here because Tales is my favorite gaming franchise)
  • Xenoblade Chronicles X
  • Fast Racing NEO
  • Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.