General Discussion Forum

Topic: Top Franchises that should Stop..Forever

Showing 121 to 135 of 135

AuthorMessage
Avatar

mamp

121. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

mamp wrote:

Games: Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Harvest Moon
TV: Mad Men, The walking Dead, Oxygen network, Bravo, E! Channel, Mtv, The Simpsons

Mad Men is entering its final season, but you can expect AMC to milk The Walking Dead as long as it can.

Best news I've heard all day XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Sleepingmudkip

122. Posted:

Red_XIII wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

You know what can die?
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
If everyone around me say they hate the Kardashians, then why is this show still on? I watched an episode, and it's completely fake, and cringe-worthy.

OMG that my show JK i love honey boo boo but nothing can stop me from watching my pokemon

Honey Boo Boo is shockingly awful. Why do you like that??? I am genuinely interested as to how someone could like such a show. Also, +1 Kill Kardashian

Untitled this is why

Deluxe WII U

Limited Edition Pikachu 3DS

I Love Fire Emblem & Kid Icarus

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter: JohnGreenGod

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shaneoh

123. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

...I've encountered plenty of bugs with the Lego games. I'm pretty sure we even had to restart a level once, it got so bad.

Then I've been fortunate. I've only played most of the PC games and LCU, and as far as they went nearly all were flawless (a crash with Star wars 2, Batman 2, and one non game breaking bug in LCU)

shaneoh wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

shaneoh wrote:

There is no way they can change the gameplay to justify 2-3 games a year. People complain about COD and AC being yearly, but Lego is worse than them in that respect. I'm surprised I've never seen this fact brought up.

Okay if we look at LEGO City Undercover and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, who can seriously say that they are going to play exactly the same as each other? Whereas COD and AC boil down to shooting the other guy first and stabbing the target in the back.

And the coding is done real well with the LEGO games, the amount of bugs and crashes I've had with them can be counted on one hand with fingers left to spare. How many games these days can go without needing a patch somewhere down the line?

I can sterotype too, it all comes down to solving puzzles with the same formula as always.

Canis' would be more accurate in saying it's all about platforming, collecting stuff and beating people up. But then we are forgetting about the RTS games that were on the DS, if that isn't an example of trying out new gameplay methods I don't know what is.

Edited on by shaneoh

shaneoh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Gioku

124. Posted:

@Sleepingmudkip:
Untitled

Electric Prune Juice Games | Kirby Wiki | Colors! 3D | deviantART | Gioku on Youtube | Nintendo Friends
Fluttershy, Rarity, and Vinyl Scratch fan :3

I am now an eShop Guru!
Waiting For: Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS, Pokémon Alpha Sapphire & Omega Ruby
The Flutterloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3394-4319-1146 | Nintendo Network ID: Fluttershy_Gioku

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Jaz007

125. Posted:

@Shaneo That was the point, there is more to AC than just stabbing people like you said it was about as well. I said "I can sterotype too" for a reason.

Edited on by Jaz007

I'm gonna try again.
Currently playing: Rune Factory 4, inFamous: Second Son, and Uncharted 2..

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shaneoh

126. Posted:

Yes I saw your point and there is more depth to AC than what I stated (won't budge on CoD), I just thought Canis' stereotype of the LEGO games was a bit more apt.

shaneoh

AuthorMessage
Avatar

SomeBitTripFan

127. Posted:

No franchise should completely die; it should only be handled in moderation. I'd say a franchise should have, at least, a good one-and-a-half to two year gap between games. FPS franchises should push out a new, content-filled game once there is a viable reason, such as an engine upgrade. What if Call of Duty spaced out its releases, filled in the gaps with DLC campaigns and multiplayer modes which offered new weapons, maps, and other features? Activision wouldn't need to keep up as many servers, could still make loads of money, and make the release of each Call of Duty actually seem like a giant step, boasting larger maps, better graphics, and major new features. Other franchises should follow the same basic outline, with the gap between releases depending on the amount of content and replay value they offer. For instance, a series of Point-and-Click Adventure games would manage to have a relatively short gap, nine months to a year and a half, between games as they offer fairly little replay value. Multiplayer-oriented Fighter, FPS, and Racing series would have a mid-long gap between games, two-and a half to three-and-a-half years, since they offer high replay value and they could continue to add content over time with DLC to help the game sustain momentum. Action-Adventure Games, RPGs, AAA and other "Epics" should come on a three and a half to five year basis per franchise. Such games can expand the gap between games, if they wish, by offering DLC and whatnot into the game. Sandbox games should maintain extremely long lifespans, with sequels only if needed.

Just Someloggery
Current Projects: Beloved Titan
On the Back Burner: The Machine, Ascending Entity, Antumbra, Between Two Causes, Heaven's Point, Binary, A Pixel and a Dot, Base O-70, A Wakeful Purgatory
A Vacation is a Click Away!
My Avatar: Where Doge Coin is Going
Where's the Poetry? I'm lazy.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Caryslan

128. Posted:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Happy_Mask wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

DBZ, the game hasn't been good since Budokai 3. (Best DBZ game)

Do you mean Budokai Tenkachi 3? The game with the second largest character roster in all fighting games? :O

No, Budokai 3 (PS2) got everything right on what a DBZ game should be. Good gameplay, awesome finishing moves with good acting, and the planet being blown up. (best ones like Vegeta's Final Explosion)

Budokai 3 is the best game in the series, and outside of some minor issues with the roster(why was Zarbon still missing?) I loved the game. Because the game allowed you to create custom characters, you literarily had no idea what your opponent was playing even if you both were using the same character. I loved that you could play a Kaio-Ken Goku with support items or simply go for sheer power with a Super Sayian 4 Goku loadout.. There were numerous ways to play each character, and in a way, it reminds me of the loadout system in Call of Duty.

I kinda liked the Budokai Tenchkai games, but it kinda sucks that all of the recent ones are based on that gameplay.

I would love to have a Budokai 4 that had 3's roster along with the new characters from the Shin Budokai games and Infinite World, the what-if fusions and Super Buu Asborations that were in Budokai 2, Zarbon and Dodoria coming back to the roster,the dash feature from Shin Budokai, and some characters from the first Dragonball(Demon King Piccolo, Tao Pai Pai)

I loved how Budokai 3 looked in the HD version, and I would love to get a sequel with online play. Come on Dimp and Bandai, make Budokai 4 happen:)

Caryslan

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Turnip

129. Posted:

-Angry Birds has overstayed its welcome.
-No more Lego games that are based on movies; they seem like very little effort was put into them.
-Mario, Zelda, and CoD need a 3+ year break.
-Puyo Puyo. As much as I love this game, Sega should really limit themselves to one per system due to the overall sameness of each game.
The 3DS alone has a retail one, an eShop one, one or two VC ones, and I believe Sega is making a Tetris/PuyoPuyo crossover as well.

Edited on by Turnip

Cringing is really fun.

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Geonjaha

130. Posted:

Swiket wrote:

mamp wrote:

Games: Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Harvest Moon
TV: Mad Men, The walking Dead, Oxygen network, Bravo, E! Channel, Mtv, The Simpsons

Mad Men is entering its final season, but you can expect AMC to milk The Walking Dead as long as it can.

Its only on Season 4 so far, how is it to the point of being 'milked'? It hasnt overstayed its welcome and I'm greatly looking forward to the next season. That's honestly more than I could say about Breaking Bad before the end.

I make Pixel Art on occasion.

3DS Friend Code: 2277-6645-7215

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Barbiegurl777

131. Posted:

EuphoriaX wrote:

-Angry Birds has overstayed its welcome.
-No more Lego games that are based on movies; they seem like very little effort was put into them.
-Mario, Zelda, and CoD need a 3+ year break.
-Puyo Puyo. As much as I love this game, Sega should really limit themselves to one per system due to the overall sameness of each game.
The 3DS alone has a retail one, an eShop one, one or two VC ones, and I believe Sega is making a Tetris/PuyoPuyo crossover as well.

What's wrong with Angry Birds & Lego?

No offense but not all of us own a ipad/iphone to get angry birds. Some of us only game on handhelds/consoles that are meant for gaming therefore if angry birds would have never came to 3ds I would have never picked the game up at all because I don't own a iphone or ipad. :(

So some of us welcome angry birds on the 3ds with open arms personally I'm looking forward to angry birds star wars 3ds I already have angry birds trilogy - 3ds & love it.

As for lego games I like them. I don't buy all of them but I still enjoy some of them. Looking forward to Lego friends - 3ds plus it comes out right around my birthday so yayy! :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Edited on by Barbiegurl777

Matthew 5:1-12 The Beatitudes (NIV)
Rugrats777 Blog
Colors 3D! My Gallery
MoshiMe: ymmas626
Miiverse: barbiegurl777
Style Savvy Shop Code: B49V44Y38
My Dream Code: 5600-2112-8544
My 3DS Name: Rugrats777

3DS Friend Code: 3480-2549-1588 | Nintendo Network ID: barbiegurl777 | Twitter: rugrats777

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Cia

132. Posted:

Using the word franchise... franchise (?!?) should stop. This doesn't make any sense, but neither does using this annoying word. Here's a good article about it: http://io9.com/5342310/i-never-want-to-hear-the-word-franchis...

Cia

AuthorMessage
Avatar

CanisWolfred

133. Posted:

Barbiegurl777 wrote:

EuphoriaX wrote:

-Angry Birds has overstayed its welcome.
-No more Lego games that are based on movies; they seem like very little effort was put into them.
-Mario, Zelda, and CoD need a 3+ year break.
-Puyo Puyo. As much as I love this game, Sega should really limit themselves to one per system due to the overall sameness of each game.
The 3DS alone has a retail one, an eShop one, one or two VC ones, and I believe Sega is making a Tetris/PuyoPuyo crossover as well.

What's wrong with Angry Birds & Lego?

No offense but not all of us own a ipad/iphone to get angry birds. Some of us only game on handhelds/consoles that are meant for gaming therefore if angry birds would have never came to 3ds I would have never picked the game up at all because I don't own a iphone or ipad. :(

So some of us welcome angry birds on the 3ds with open arms personally I'm looking forward to angry birds star wars 3ds I already have angry birds trilogy - 3ds & love it.

As for lego games I like them. I don't buy all of them but I still enjoy some of them. Looking forward to Lego friends - 3ds plus it comes out right around my birthday so yayy! :D

Happy Gaming! (^_^)

Yeah, I agree, even about Angry Birds.

And seriously, I really hate the concept of this entire thread. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that nobody else does, so why should the whole franchise stop for your sake? No one's forced to buy a game, including you, and including the millions of people who buy those popular franchises year after year that everyone here seems to hate. People buy them because they enjoy them. When they stop enjoying them, then they will stop buying them, and then the franchise will stop. Until then, just ignore the games you don't like and continue playing the games you do like. Trust me, life's far more fun that way.

Avid Fan of Anime, JRPGs, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"

Wolfrun
Wolfrun Chibi

Arooo~

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Austroid

134. Posted:

CanisWolfred wrote:

And seriously, I really hate the concept of this entire thread. Just because you don't like something doesn't mean that nobody else does, so why should the whole franchise stop for your sake? No one's forced to buy a game, including you, and including the millions of people who buy those popular franchises year after year that everyone here seems to hate. People buy them because they enjoy them. When they stop enjoying them, then they will stop buying them, and then the franchise will stop. Until then, just ignore the games you don't like and continue playing the games you do like. Trust me, life's far more fun that way.

Quoted in agreement. This reminds me of a certain other thread we were both on some time ago, that involved things people hate, huh @CanisWolfred? Everyone has their own opinions on what should and shouldn't stay, what they like/don't like, etc.

Why make a whole thread that can basically turn into a gigantic flame war?

My SSB4 Newcomers Wishlist - Update 4
"There is a group of fans for the films that doesn't like comic sidekicks. They want the films to be tough like Terminator, and they get very upset and opinionated about anything that has anything to do with being childlike." -George Lucas

Nintendo Network ID: Austroid

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Turnip

135. Posted:

@Barbiegurl777: I suppose I don't want the franchises I mentioned to stop completely, though I would like to see a bit less of them.
As for what I said about Lego, I really would prefer if they completely abandoned making Lego games based off of movies, because, although I haven't played it, Lego City: Undercover looks fantastic and I'd really like to see more original Lego games instead of what, in my opinion, seem to be cheap movie spin-offs. :P
@CanisWolfred: My list wasn't supposed to be taken so seriously; I know many people enjoy the franchises I mentioned, and because of that, I don't actually want them to be discontinued. My list was more of an "in my opinion" kind of thing, rather than a "this should actually happen" kind of thing.

Cringing is really fun.