Forums

Topic: Top Franchises that should Stop..Forever

Posts 101 to 120 of 132

Kyloctopus

You know what can die?
Keeping Up With the Kardashians
If everyone around me say they hate the Kardashians, then why is this show still on? I watched an episode, and it's completely fake, and cringe-worthy.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

kkslider5552000

WiiWareWave wrote:

You said all cartoons from the 80's should die lol. xD

oh.

Well, I've not cared about anything Dragonball (barring the Kai remake) made after the end of the DBZ anime.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

shaneoh

Jaz007 wrote:

There is no way they can change the gameplay to justify 2-3 games a year. People complain about COD and AC being yearly, but Lego is worse than them in that respect. I'm surprised I've never seen this fact brought up.

Okay if we look at LEGO City Undercover and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, who can seriously say that they are going to play exactly the same as each other? Whereas COD and AC boil down to shooting the other guy first and stabbing the target in the back.

And the coding is done real well with the LEGO games, the amount of bugs and crashes I've had with them can be counted on one hand with fingers left to spare. How many games these days can go without needing a patch somewhere down the line?

The Greatest love story ever, Rosie Love (part 33 done)
The collective noun for a group of lunatics is a forum. A forum of lunatics.
I'm belligerent, you were warned.

Sleepingmudkip

Kyloctopus wrote:

You know what can die?
If everyone around me say they hate the Kardashians, then why is this show still on? I watched an episode, and it's completely fake, and cringe-worthy.

OMG that my show JK i love honey boo boo but nothing can stop me from watching my pokemon

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

shaneoh wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

There is no way they can change the gameplay to justify 2-3 games a year. People complain about COD and AC being yearly, but Lego is worse than them in that respect. I'm surprised I've never seen this fact brought up.

Okay if we look at LEGO City Undercover and LEGO Marvel Super Heroes, who can seriously say that they are going to play exactly the same as each other? Whereas COD and AC boil down to shooting the other guy first and stabbing the target in the back.

And the coding is done real well with the LEGO games, the amount of bugs and crashes I've had with them can be counted on one hand with fingers left to spare. How many games these days can go without needing a patch somewhere down the line?

...I've encountered plenty of bugs with the Lego games. I'm pretty sure we even had to restart a level once, it got so bad.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Jaz007

shaneoh wrote:

Jaz007 wrote:

I can sterotype too, it all comes down to solving puzzles with the same formula as always.

Jaz007

CanisWolfred

I'm more in it for the platforming and collecting stuff, really. Did that change or something? I'm pretty sure on the PS2 the main point was to jump around and collect stuff. Oh, and beating bad guys so you can collect their innards. I mean blocks. Yes.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Red_XIII

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

You know what can die?

OMG that my show JK i love honey boo boo but nothing can stop me from watching my pokemon

Honey Boo Boo is shockingly awful. Why do you like that??? I am genuinely interested as to how someone could like such a show. Also, +1 Kill Kardashian

Red_XIII

Red_XIII

CanisWolfred wrote:

Red_XIII wrote:

The New Super Mario Bros/Mario 3D series must die. It is making Mario, previously the pinnacle of platforming, into casual homogenized-for-the-masses repetition, with multiplayer.
Also, I think the Lego and Angry Birds series are too repetitive, and the Assassin's Creed series should stop (It is danger of turning into CoD)
And to finish it off, Call of Duty. Its large influence on the industry is damaging AAA gaming severely, resulting in too much tacked-on multiplayer, and forced XP systems. That and their extreme unoriginality and mediocre single-player.

You know for a platformer, Mario's always been pretty casual stuff, right? I'm not a fan of the 2D series, but that last one was pretty good, and I know plenty of people who enjoyed even NSMB2 on the 3DS. Same with the 3D games. I mean I didn't like 3D Land, but there was potential, which 3D World seems ready to tap into.

The Lego games are doing fine...sort of. They really need to improve in some areas, but they seemed to have reached that point with City, at leadt from what I've seen. I don't see why they need to change a winning formula so long as they continue to improve said formula, even if it's it's just in small ways.

I'm not gonna lie, I'd love it if they gave us some space with Assassin's Creed, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't highly interested in AC4. Once again, it looks like they may be improving the formula...and who doesn't love Pirates? Unless they make the lead a Ninja in AC5, though, I can see that franchise getting stale really fast. I don't necessarily want it to end, but I would like it if they took a break, focused on something else, and then come back to it later with fresh ideas.

I won't get into Angry Birds, since I don't play those games, but it is a puzzle franchise, so long as they can come up with interesting new puzzles, they could easily keep that franchise going forever. I don't see why it should end any more than the Tetris franchise, simply for living up to the nature of its genre.

And lastly, Call of Duty...it's not a bad franchise. Perhaps an overhyped one, mind you, and sales are starting to go down. I won't argue whether or not it needs to die, but I do think that it's actually focus groups that are hurting AAA development, if only because they have a tendency to rely on a specific demographic (guess which one), and ask them questions expecting an honest opinion only to find out that in a public setting, people tend to answer such questions with whatever they feel is "correct" or will make them sound cooler. Granted COD is certainly a part of that problem, but I don't think it's the sole or even major source of why AAA games are becoming the way they are.

By casual I mean unnecessarily simplified. Mario galaxy had bold ideas and variety, which NSMB/3D doesn't have.
The Lego series is showing that if you keep on buying it, the developers will be happy. Lego City was rather good, but only because they weren't chained to a specific franchise. It allowed for more freedom and humor. I would rather have 1 Lego game like that every 2 years, to prevent fatigue (The games can get repetitive in themselves, let alone a massive series like this)
AC4, while it does sound cool, means trouble for the series. I preferred the 2,2.1,2.2 etc strategy they did after 2, as it allowed time to develop a truly original next entry (Even though AC3 was botched in some aspects, it had a lot more effort than the other games after 2). If 5 is out next year, the AC games WILL end up mass-homogenized.
Angry Birds' main problem is that it was a bad game in the first place, that ended up getting big, and merchandise-y. The encouragement of clones (This is a clone of countless other games before it) is something this industry doesn't need.
I am intrigued re. the statements you made about focus groups. I would like some articles about it, as I would like to know more.

Edited on by Red_XIII

Red_XIII

Wheeler

DBZ, the game hasn't been good since Budokai 3. (Best DBZ game)

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

Happy_Mask

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Do you mean Budokai Tenkachi 3? The game with the second largest character roster in all fighting games?

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

mamp

Games: Final Fantasy, Resident Evil, Harvest Moon
TV: Mad Men, The walking Dead, Oxygen network, Bravo, E! Channel, Mtv, The Simpsons

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Red_XIII

mamp wrote:

TV: Mad Men, The walking Dead, Oxygen network, Bravo, E! Channel, Mtv, The Simpsons

Final Fantasy??? XV looks quite good, actually. The series is just finding its feet again. To trip it over would add insult to injury. XIV: A realm reborn was good.

Red_XIII

Wheeler

Happy_Mask wrote:

ShadowFox254 wrote:

Do you mean Budokai Tenkachi 3? The game with the second largest character roster in all fighting games?

No, Budokai 3 (PS2) got everything right on what a DBZ game should be. Good gameplay, awesome finishing moves with good acting, and the planet being blown up. (best ones like Vegeta's Final Explosion)

Edited on by Wheeler

Wheeler

TysonOfTime

Oh. I actually think that the NSMB sub-series ending forever would be a great thing. Just so the next 2D Mario can be something amazing.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

mamp

Swiket wrote:

mamp wrote:

Mad Men is entering its final season, but you can expect AMC to milk The Walking Dead as long as it can.

Best news I've heard all day XD

The cat's the only cat who knows where it's at.
NNID: Muffin-Gun

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6586-7657

Sleepingmudkip

Red_XIII wrote:

Sleepingmudkip wrote:

Kyloctopus wrote:

You know what can die?

Honey Boo Boo is shockingly awful. Why do you like that??? I am genuinely interested as to how someone could like such a show. Also, +1 Kill Kardashian

Untitled this is why

Playing: Wargroove on Switch and Fire Emblem on GBA

3DS Friend Code: 3136-7674-9891 | Nintendo Network ID: lionel1 | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.