Topic: Top Five Games You Got In 2012

Posts 21 to 40 of 40

BenAV

1. Kid Icarus: Uprising
2. Virtue's Last Reward
3. The Last Story
4. Nintendo Land
5. Resident Evil: Revelations

The last couple of spots were tough, because Theathrythm Final Fantasy, Paper Mario: Sticker Star and various other eShop titles are well in contention.
Plus Project Zero 2 and Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask once I actually get around to playing them.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

CrimsonFire

In No order
Xenoblade
Kid Icarus Uprising
Darksiders 2
and i guess Nintendo Land and Twilight Princess but the ones up there are my top 3

Banker-Style

1.The Last Story
2.Kid Icarus
3.Assassin's Creed 3
4.Metal Gear Solid 3D
5.Batman Arkham City

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker
3DS XL FC:3265-6271-5244
In 3000 years time,people will remember the name,Da-Banker,for being such a [Censored]

Nintendo Network ID: Da-Banker

Chrono_Cross

5- Journey
4- Journey
3- Journey
2- Journey
1- Journey

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

cheetahman91

Mario Kart 7
Nights into Dreams
Guardian Heroes

Those are the only games I bought last year.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

RoryLee

1.Kid Icarus
2.Last Story
3.Xenoblade
4.Batman Arkham City
5.Assassins Creed 3

Nintendo ID: RoryLee
3DS: 3007-8085-6351

ConfusedOwl

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Tales of Vesperia
3.Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time 3DS
4.Assassin's Creed 3
5.Tales of the Abyss 3DS

ConfusedOwl

FonistofCruxis

@ConfusedOwl I see you just joined recently. Welcome to NL! You seem to have a great taste in games. XBC is amazing and its good to see another Tales of fan. Tales of the Abyss is my 2nd favourite game everand Tales of Symphonia is my favourite game ever. As you can see from my first post, I also really enjoyed ToS: DotNW which may not be as good some of the other games in the series but I think its a lot better than many other fans say it is.

RR529

In no particular order:

• Tales of the Abyss (3DS)
  • Kingdom Hearts: Dream Drop Distance (3DS)
  • Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater (3DS)
  • Paper Mario: Sticker Star (3DS)
  • the DENPA Men: they Came by Wave (3DS eShop)
  • Cave Story (3DS eShop)
  • Liberation Maiden (3DS eShop)
  • NightSky (3DS eShop)
  • the Sword of Hope II (3DS VC)
  • Sakura Samurai: Art of the Sword (3DS eShop)

I did a ten instead of five. Hope that's alright.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

ConfusedOwl

@FonistofCruxis Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually a Tales of newb but I do love all the games that I've played in the series. I still haven't gotten around to getting Symphonia but it is on my priority list right now. Tales of the Abyss I enjoyed for the most part but at around the 25 hour mark it kind of wore me out with all the running around and cutscenes with very little dungeon crawling/battling.

ConfusedOwl

ConfusedOwl

CanisWolfred wrote:

ConfusedOwl wrote:

1. Xenoblade Chronicles
2. Tales of Vesperia
3.Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time 3DS
4.Assassin's Creed 3
5.Tales of the Abyss 3DS

I like this guy.

I like you to.

ConfusedOwl

FonistofCruxis

ConfusedOwl wrote:

@FonistofCruxis Thanks for the welcome! I'm actually a Tales of newb but I do love all the games that I've played in the series. I still haven't gotten around to getting Symphonia but it is on my priority list right now. Tales of the Abyss I enjoyed for the most part but at around the 25 hour mark it kind of wore me out with all the running around and cutscenes with very little dungeon crawling/battling.

I can see what you mean, there was a lot of backtracking to the various towns in the game but there is less of it later on in the game. For the most part, it didn't bother me that much because of how good the story and characters are but I remember one session where I didn't have time to play it for more than an hour and that entire hour was spent in Baticul talking to characters to progress the story which was annoying. The 3 I've mentioned are the only games in the series I've played so I've only played one more than you have. Have you played any others aside from the two you mentioned?

Ralizah

1) The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PC)
2) 9 Hours, 9 Persons, 9 Doors (DS)
3) Professor Layton and the Miracle Mask (3DS)
4) Virtue's Last Reward (3DS)
5) Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (3DS)

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

CanisWolfred

Tales of Vesperia is still my favorite Tales of game. While I felt that TotA had a better story overall, and the mechanics were just right in both with only a minor flaw here and there (and they were both incredibly similar battle-system-wise), I loved the world and the characters in ToV more, especially Yuri Lowell. I'm still hoping Tales of Xillia tops it, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

ToadFan

In no order:

-Kid Icarus Uprising
-Super Mario 3D Land
-Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance
-Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth
-Mario Kart 7

ToadFan

ConfusedOwl

FonistofCruxis wrote:

ConfusedOwl wrote:

I can see what you mean, there was a lot of backtracking to the various towns in the game but there is less of it later on in the game. For the most part, it didn't bother me that much because of how good the story and characters are but I remember one session where I didn't have time to play it for more than an hour and that entire hour was spent in Baticul talking to characters to progress the story which was annoying. The 3 I've mentioned are the only games in the series I've played so I've only played one more than you have. Have you played any others aside from the two you mentioned?

Tales of the Abyss does have a great story. Even though it was only around 45 hours it felt more like 60. They somehow managed to throw in so much lore and backstory, which I'm impressed with. I admit to not understanding any of the weird made up science haha (Are you even suppose to understand it?)

@CanisWolfred Vesperia is also my favourite in the series. I really like that they broke a lot of the anime cliches that most JRPGs seem to have. Estelle not being a love interest but more of a sister figure to Yuri was interesting, and Yuri being an adult with an already established personality was really refreshing, no angsty teen protagonists in this game at all. The game also has great voice acting.

ConfusedOwl

Arianabtd

Probably everything I got for my 3DS ( Since I got It last year)
(in no order x3)
-Style Savvy trendsetters
-Rhythm thief and the emperors treasure
-Paper Mario sticker star
-Harvest moon a new beginning
-MK7
Woah... Double parenthesis

Edited on by Arianabtd

-Idolmasterrrrrr-
Sir Zacharias Barnham is my new husband.
Konata -> Arianabtd

Nintendo Network ID: Ariana900 | Twitter:

FonistofCruxis

ConfusedOwl wrote:

FonistofCruxis wrote:

ConfusedOwl wrote:

Tales of the Abyss does have a great story. Even though it was only around 45 hours it felt more like 60. They somehow managed to throw in so much lore and backstory, which I'm impressed with. I admit to not understanding any of the weird made up science haha (Are you even suppose to understand it?)

It took me around 76 hours to beat it but I did do quite a few sidequests. Yeah, I think there was too much jargon and terminology to understand in TotA.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.