Showing 481 to 500 of 1,190
481. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 14:33 GMT
5. Adult Link Hyrule Castle Town (OoT) This location freaked me out when I first played the game especially when I got too close to the zombie things
4. Ghost Houses (SMW) They dont really freak me out I have just always loved them. In fact they are my favorite levels to play in SMW)
3. Vector (FFIII/VI) The part when you are escaping the factory with Kefka chasing after you and all you hear is his evil cackle, still get chills up my spine to this day.
2. Catacombs (Castlevania: SotN) The music and the eerie lighting effects really help this one especially with the wailing going on in the background.
1. Raccoon City Police Department (RE2) Forgive me if I got this location wrong its been years since I played this game. But its the part with the the lasher creature on the ceiling that drops down on you. I will never forget the first time I played that game and got to that part.
Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.
Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311
482. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 18:17 GMT
Only one so far, but here's mine:
5. Ghost Houses (Super Mario series) - Okay, these aren't spooky at all these days, but as a kid they seemed just a bit more intimidating, and they're classics.
4. River Styx (MGS3D) - It's not necessarily the design of the river that's all that spooky, but the fact that the vengeful spirits of EVERY SINGE enemy you've killed until this point are trying to pull you down into the underworld (play stealthy & tranq though, and it's a breeze)
3. Airport (RE:D) - So far this has been my only RE game, and wandering around this infected infested airport always had my nerves on edge.
2. "Rat Man" dens (Portal) - Despite the clean look of Portal's test chambers, there's always a sense of unease, but these hidden rooms still send a shiver down my back just by thinking of them.
1. Bottom of the Well (OoT3D) - You could say the Shadow Temple amplified what was experienced here, but I felt the Bottom of the Well was spookier, as you always feel more vulnerable as a child.
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)
Avatar: Happy Independence Day!
483. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 18:36 GMT
1. Redmoor Hospital (Dementium)
2. Bright Dawn Treatment Center (Dementium II)
3. Celestial Archives (Metroid Prime Hunters)
4. Shadow Temple (Ocarina of Time)
5. Fellglow Keep (Skyrim)
Favorite Game: Metroid Prime Hunters
484. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 18:45 GMT
1- Lavender town(Pokémon RBY, aka 1st gen, childhood memories...)
2- Queen Zenobia(Resident Evil Revelations, my first RE game so I can't say there was one more scary)
3- inside houses( Body Harvest N64 game, it was dark and you couldn't use weapons, okay it was actually pretty safe but still creeppy)
4- undernet(megaman Battle Network series, creeppy, filled with strong enemies and with warnings to not get too deep there in every game with it)
5- Luigi's Mansion(just to fill the empty space)
looking forward to Codename S.T.E.A.M.
salty tears tenderize true beef
my Banner made by Dark-Luigi!
My Galaxy Bio also by Dark-Luigi!
All the lights in the sky are stars
running away from reality is betraying yourself and those who care about you
3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF
485. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 18:48 GMT
Silent Realms (The music alone gives it a spot here)
Thinking of more...
486. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 18:49 GMT
I haven't played many scary games, but some have creeped me out.
1. Bright Falls - Alan Wake - Over the course of the game I came to respect the dark. It was powerful, and evil, but not quite creepy. You get used to coming across Taken in the forests, but the last place you expect to find them is main street. You think your safe in the police station, but it get's you there too. You make a dash through town trying to survive, avoiding Taken and praying dawn comes soon.
2. Night - Don't Stare - The game is pretty creepy on it's own, but watching the torch slowly burn away knowing that once it goes away you'll die is probably the most nervous I've been playing a game.
3. Ratman Dens - Portal - The clean, spotless test chambers and monotone voice of GLaDOS tend to lull you into a sense of security. Upon finding mad scribblings on the walls, makeshift beds, and eaten provisions are probably one of the biggest shockers of the game, alluding to what's coming.
4. City of Souls - Kid Icarus: Uprising - The game takes you from bright fields to the firey pits of hell, but the most foreboding is this city. You tend to get used to the dark dungeons, bright fields, battlefields, etc. but when it suddenly gives way to a place void of life and made of souls... well it's a bit of a shock. Even the playable character takes a turn for the dark in that place.
5. Orr - Guild Wars 2 - Orr is a hard thing to explain. It's the size of a city (in-game), and it's populated by the dead. It was sunken long a la Atlantis long before you stumble across it. Recently, it's risen from the waters, under the control of Zhaitan. Your first time alone in Orr you'll be daunted by the enemies and the path to the nearest camp could seem a mile away. Once you've learned the layout of Orr you'll make runs through the coralized land looking for Orichalcum to craft yourself the best armor in the game, but if you take a wrong turn you could find yourself surrounded.
Edit: Swapped out Claw Island to Orr because Claw Island wasn't quite as halloween-y as Orr.
Edited on Thu 31st October, 2013 @ 00:46 by SkywardLink98
There are no stupid questions, except for the ones that are.
Bergmite, Piloswine and Snover safari.
I love Nintendo, that's why I criticize them so harshly.
3DS Friend Code: 4296-3424-5332
487. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 19:43 GMT
Just the whole island in dead island
600+ games and counting.
Nintendo Network ID: kingston589
488. Posted: Wed 30th Oct 2013 19:49 GMT
Don't really have 5 that were really exemplary, but the Balcony in Luigi's Mansion scared the crap outta me when I was little. D:
Also the well in Majora's Mask. Though now, I look upon it as more of a hindrance to my progress. u_u
Edited on Wed 30th October, 2013 @ 19:54 by Happy_Mask
[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u
489. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 00:41 GMT
5) Bottom of the Well (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time)
4) Raccoon City Police Department (Resident Evil 2)
3) Any place in the castle where you have to control Ashley (Resident Evil 4)
2) The abandoned hospital on the island (Resident Evil 4)
1) RAVENHOLM!!! (Half-Life 2)
Yeah, I tend not to play too many scary games. Though, really, locations from Half-Life 2 (plus Eps 1 & 2) could've taken the top 5 spots; I spent the better part of that experience convincing myself not to be scared and to press on to the next location.
Basically all of Termina could qualify too. One of the countless reasons why I love that game so much is just how unsettling that world can be.
Edited on Thu 31st October, 2013 @ 00:56 by RevolverLink
"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink
490. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 00:50 GMT
5. The final area of Majora's Mask. This is the most ironically creepy place I've seen in a game. Something is just...wrong about that.
4. Mad Monster Mansion: Not actually scary but it's so wonderfully Halloween like.
3. The abandoned Amusement Park: Fragile Dreams
2. Clock Town Day 3: Hooray for neverending cycle of death!
1. Silent Hill
3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55
I have a Let's Play channel? How?!
491. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 04:08 GMT
1. That creepy house outside the mansion with that freaky woman thing (Resident Evil GCN)
2. The hospital (Silent Hill)
3. Most of Mortal Kombat 4 stages
.... can't really think of anything else. Don't really play scary games.
Current playlist: Senran Kagura Burst, Super Mario Bros. 3, Sonic the Hedgehog 1, Nightsky
3DS Friend Code: 4184-2503-1604 | Nintendo Network ID: sasamitails
492. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 08:14 GMT
Alright, it's Halloween, and this means we've come to our final top 5 in the theme! We'll reference one of horror's most recent fads with this one...
#41, Top 5 Zombie Games
493. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 13:52 GMT
5. Plants VS Zombies
4. Resident Evil 4
3. Castlevania series (there is zombies in it so I am counting it)
2. Left 4 Dead 2
1. Zombies At My Neighbors
494. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 22:01 GMT
2. Call of Duty: Zombies (iOS)
1. Resident Evil: Degeneration (iOS)
Yeah, I haven't played many.
495. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 22:05 GMT
1 RE:Revelations(that is, if the ooze counts as a kind zombie)
2 Plants Vs. Zombies(any version, sadly I heard the sequel is "pay-to-win")
3 Zombie Tsunami(I don't like much mobile games but wanted to keep ate least 3 games in my list )
496. Posted: Thu 31st Oct 2013 23:01 GMT
1. Walking dead telltale
2. Left 4 dead
3. Cod zombies (mostly blops 1)
5. Dead island/dead rising series
497. Posted: Fri 1st Nov 2013 00:54 GMT
In no order:
-walking dead (telltale)
-SAS zombie assault 3/other overhead zombie shooters
-Left 4 Dead/Dead island.
I am the zombie god that controls zombie in both games and real life...FEAR ME!
Nintendo Friends website/forums I eShop Gurus I Droid Gurus I Public Chat I Random Game Thread I The graveyard (backloggery)
Currently owns Mario & Luigi Dream Team 3DS XL...no Wii U yet.
3DS Friend Code: 5198-2878-6360 | Nintendo Network ID: Undead_terror
498. Posted: Fri 1st Nov 2013 08:12 GMT
Argh maties, furl the sails & ready the cannons, we be sailin' straight into "Film Friday"! Ye've been forewarned...
#42, Top 5 Pirate Films!
499. Posted: Fri 1st Nov 2013 10:23 GMT
I, uhh couldn't think of many pirate movies that I like.
1) Pirates of the Caribbean: The Curse of the Black Pearl
2) Muppet Treasure Island
3) One Piece: Strong World
Do The Princess Bride, The Goonies and/or Serenity (err, space pirates? That movie/show straddles a whole lot of genres) count as pirate movies? Because if so, put them right at the top of my list, in that order.
Edited on Fri 1st November, 2013 @ 10:27 by RevolverLink
500. Posted: Fri 1st Nov 2013 20:56 GMT
Pirates of the Carribean
One piece strong world
Doesn't talk about games.
Avid Fan of Anime, Webcomics, and Wolves
My Den - My door is always open....Too bad it's an empty closet.
My DeviantArt - I like to call it "the blank wall"