Forums

Topic: Tons of Pirated DS Games on Ebay

Posts 61 to 78 of 78

Devil_Hunter_Dante

I buy most of my games either off of eBay or Amazon but I only buy from American sellers that post pictures. Also I got ripped off a couple years back from a guy in Missourri on a different item. DVD's you have to be careful on box sets. I ordered the complete Star Trek the Next Generation show on DVD and he had the U.S. Retail version pictured. It came DHL and had a Chinese address. Man was I angry. Got ready to contact the guy and he closed his ebay accounts and emails. Box set was different and stated it won a ton of awards for the Wizard of Oz and the discs had Voyager and Ds9 pictures on them. I reported the guy with the information I had on him. I was pretty bummed so I can see where you are coming from.

Devil_Hunter_Dante

StarBoy91

I only buy games that have pictures of the item, and under PayPal, and mostly under free shipping. I mean, I had to sacrifice $49 for SoulBlazer, and it was worth it. However, that's when I learned to spend wisely and be careful with money. My dad's usually with me when we order a game.

To each their own

UNC5052

One thing to watch out for is sellers that have about 20 of the same game brand new.

PSN- UNC5052

irken004

I got a legit copy of the DS Lite Web Browser awhile back from Ebay. I find it pointless now that I have a DSi

Edited on by irken004

Stuffgamer1

@UNC5052: That CAN be a problem, but sometimes it's just a real, legitimate store selling product through eBay. My imported copy of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland came from one of those in the UK. Now...20 copies from China, you'd best stay away from.

@ryanknight717: That's not necessarily true. PIRATED games won't work in the DSi. REAL import games work on any DS or DSi system, because regular DS games are region-free. The aforementioned copy of Tingle's Rosy Rupeeland is a 100% legit European game, and it works just fine on my DSi.

Wiiloveit wrote:

NEVER buy ANY Game Boy or DS games on ebay, since they are more than likely to be fake.

I'm glad not everybody follows that overcautious line of reasoning, or I wouldn't have been able to sell my copy of Scribblenauts a couple days ago! Like people have said, all you really need to do is check the seller's location and reputation. Shop smartly, and you'll have no problems.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

Nintendo Network ID: Stuffgamer1

Stuffgamer1

Don't...illegally download this game... Nah, doesn't fit the tune.

My Backloggery Updated sporadically. Got my important online ID's on there, anyway. :P

WolfRamHeart

I'm bumping this thread because I need some advice regarding a game that I just purchased on eBay. I bought a brand new copy of Heavy Rain for the PS3 for $29.92 including free shipping. Yeah, I know it sounds too good to be true. The thing is that this seller has about 70 copies of the game and I was the 48th person that purchased a copy. He is a new seller with no feedback. The item is supposedly located in Florida but when I looked at my PayPal statement it says "recipient of this payment is Non US unverified" I am worried that I have just been scammed or that I may have just purchased a bootleg copy of the game. Did I just make a huge mistake?

Edited on by WolfRamHeart

WolfRamHeart

Rensch

This is why I dislike sites like Ebay, there's always fakes on them, be it videogames, shoes or whatever.

Friend code 3DS: 4210-4747-2358

WolfRamHeart

Well, it turns out that this deal was too good to be true. I tried emailing the seller several times but no response. He sold all 77 copies of Heavy Rain but he is now no longer a registered ebay user. He took the money and ran. I used PayPal so I have opened a dispute. I hope this mess is resolved quickly. I have never done this before so I really hope that I can get my money back. I have definitely learned my lesson, the hard way.

WolfRamHeart

StarBoy91

I ordered nine SNES games from eBay, and they work fine.

To each their own

Percentful

I hope everything works out for you, WolfRamHeart.

Just let it happen.

3DS Friend Code: 5026-4947-0924 | Nintendo Network ID: Percentful

pikku

My heart goes out to you, WolfRamHeart..

pikku

3DS Friend Code: 1891-1165-2008 | Nintendo Network ID: pikmaniac

StarBoy91

Hope everything goes all right for you, WolfRam.

To each their own

Stuffgamer1

@WolfRamHeart: Well, you should be covered by the Buyer Protection Policy. It may take some time, but you should be able to get your money back. Sorry to hear about the trouble, though.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.