General Discussion Forum

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Showing 861 to 880 of 888

AuthorMessage

RR529

861. Posted:

I've been having a lot of problems with Netflix lately, so I think I may take a break from it for awhile. It has no problems loading up my dad's profile (the main one), but lately it always crashes whenever I try switching to my profile, and I have to shut down & restart the PS3 for it to work. (progressively more times as well. It used to work after restarting the PS3 once, then for about a week I had to restart it twice before it would work, and the last two times I had to restart it 5-6 times before it finally got through...)

For the meantime, I'll probably dive back into YouTube and see what anime films/OVAs I can find (I've seen my fair share, but I know there's some I've missed).

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

862. Posted:

Man just watched one of my favorite movies of all time last night on Netflix. The Good The Bad and the Ugly. Seriously if you have never seen this movie then you need to see it. One of Clint Eastwood's best.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Platypus

863. Posted:

Tasuki wrote:

. One of Clint Eastwood's BEST MOVIE EVER MADE!!!!.

Fixed

Edited on by Platypus

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

RR529

864. Posted:

My friend came over last night, and just for a laugh we decided to watch Pokémon: Indigo League (which is the original series) for a bit of nostalgia.

Man, and what a shot of nostalgia it was. I totally forgot about the "What's that Pokémon?" & "Pokémon Rap" segments, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RevolverLink

865. Posted:

Before I saw The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, I'd really only seen Westerns with John Wayne in them, so I had acquired a distaste for the entire genre. That movie helped me realize that were actually a lot of great Westerns out there - the other Leone spaghetti Westerns, High Noon, Unforgiven, The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford and True Grit (2010) - that appealed to me, and now a good number of my favorite films belong to the genre.

"Can a man still be brave if he's afraid?" "That is the only time a man can be brave."
The Revloggery

3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

AuthorMessage

Dreamz

866. Posted:

I really enjoyed Safe Haven which is based on a Sparks novel. Very emotional with an ending that blindsided me completely.

My 3rd Party Games List: Click here
U-Wishlist: Bayonetta, Splatoon, Zelda U
Currently playing: Wonderful101

AuthorMessage

RR529

867. Posted:

My friend came up last night & recommended Blood & Bone, so we watched that.

It was alright I suppose, but not really my type of thing. Story features a man, who just out of prison, decides to get involved in underground fighting in order to avenge a friend who was killed in prison.

Though, the sight of seeing a group of "Gangstas" sitting around playing a Samurai Warriors game was humorous in a really out of place kind of way, lol.

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

868. Posted:

Watched Rocky III the other night still my favorite Rocky besides the first one. Think tonight I will watch Who Framed Roger Rabbit in honor of Bob Hoskins.

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

DiscoDriver43

869. Posted:

Rocky 4 is soo cheesy and so silly, yet so awesome

http://www.backloggery.com/discodriver43

Chun Li is a cute character for an interpol officer.

I like the movie Independance Day because of Will Smith.

Titanic was a pretty sad movie.

AuthorMessage

RR529

870. Posted:

After a hiatus, I'm getting back into it, and watched a couple of things tonight!

G.I. Joe: Retaliation - The textbook example of a summer popcorn flick. The world on the brink of nuclear destruction, guns, explosions, bigger guns, jaw dropping special effects, and... ninjas! I know nothing of the old cartoon, so I don't know how faithful it is to the source material, but what I do know is that it was fun from beginning to end, and since that's all it ever set out to do, I can't think of a reason to give it anything other than a perfect score. I watched it alone, but I'm sure it'd be a blast with some friends on a Friday or Saturday night. (5/5 Stars)

Also watched an episode of Heroes.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Gamecubed

871. Posted:

I've kind of been away from Netflix lately. Just haven't had the desire to watch anything but I'm getting back into it.

Watched Breakfast at Tiffany's last night. One of my all time favourite films. It always cheers me up when I'm down. I don't know why I don't own a copy of it, but thankfully it's on Netflix. Check it out if you're into classics and/or romance comedies and/or Audrey Hepburn.

Continuing my binge watching of Dexter this afternoon.

Don't know what I'm going to watch tonight... maybe Farscape.

Edited on by Gamecubed

"I am a freedom fighter, the name that history wrote
And even through disaster, eye of the tiger for hope
I'm trying to find my way back, there's no day off for heroes
And even when I'm tired, "go" is the only word I know"

Nintendo Network ID: McFailing

AuthorMessage

citizenerased

872. Posted:

Been watching Luther with my dad, which started off a little "meh" but has gotten better every single episode, and now it's actually great. I get why it has an 8.6 on IMDB now. I suppose the problem was that I was expecting a realistic show, but in fact it's almost as ridiculous as Sherlock.

The same can be said for Bob's Burgers, the first episode didn't really captivate me but now (only 3 episodes in) I'm smiling and laughing all the time. Great little show.

Also re-watching Arrested Development for the... 8th time? On Netflix, but I have it on DVD.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage

RR529

873. Posted:

Got on again tonight!

Ip Man 2 - Just as the others in this series I've watched, the martial arts action in this one was choreographed beautifully and was edge of your seat intense. They changed up the theme this time too, as instead of feeding upon the Chinese/Japanese tension of the early 20th century, they focused on the contrast between eastern and western martial arts, as he faced off against a champion British boxer. If you liked the first one and the prequel, you'll like this one as well. (4/5 Stars)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

874. Posted:

Had some extra time this afternoon, so I hopped on.

Emperor - Wow, this was a great film. Starred Tommy Lee Jones as general Macarthur at the end of WWII, and chronicled the investigation that went into deciding whether or not to charge emperor Hirohito with war crimes. On one hand, letting him off would help Macarthur foster good relations with the Japanese people which would allow him to rebuild Japan as an ally of the US. While finding him guilty would risk an uprising of the Japanese people (which would mean more American and Japanese deaths, and risk Soviet intervention), but it would help Macarthur's presidential ambitions (since the US population wanted the emperor to be charged).

Really interesting watch, especially if you're into WWII stuff, or history in general. (5/5 Stars)

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

Splat

875. Posted:

Orange is the New Black: Season 2 starts June 6. I can't wait!

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Platypus

876. Posted:

I started watching Young Justice. A lot better than I expected. It's on the same level as Spectacular Spider-man. At times it feels like it was written more for adults than kids.

Wii code: 3761-1403-5495-2750PSN ID: Nintendodude686
Steam Community ID; Platypus

AuthorMessage

RR529

877. Posted:

I had some free time this afternoon, so I got on.

Ip Man: the Final Fight - Well, this is it, the final chapter in Ip Man's story. It was good, though the weakest of the bunch, IMO. You knew who the villain was going to be fairly early on, but the fight between the two (while great, as always) felt forced in context, as they really had nothing to do with each other until the end. Other than that, it was a much more somber story than the other films in the series, as this film chronicled his later years, and the challenges that come from age. Still, if you liked the others, there's no reason to skip this one. (3/5 Stars)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

878. Posted:

Got on again this afternoon.

Saints and Soldiers: Airborne Creed - WWII film about a small group of stranded American paratroopers who landed outside their intended landing zone, and now must make a dangerous trek through enemy territory, to get to the town of Les Arcs (where other Americans are). Really good watch, especially if you're into WWII stuff. (4/5 Stars)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

879. Posted:

Had some extra time tonight, so I snuck something in...

Godzilla Raids Again - This is the second Godzilla film, and while it's not as good as the first film, it's still a pretty good time. This is the first time we see the big guy battle another monster, and I found it unique in the way it played out. They didn't have the special effects for their special attacks (other than the occasional Godzilla radiation breath), so they litterally just roll around in a brawl, lol. This film is just so campy in all the right ways, especially the cheesy dubbing ;) (3/5 Stars)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)

AuthorMessage

RR529

880. Posted:

Got on again tonight!

Saving General Yang - Chinese film set during the era of the Song Dynasty. During a war with the invading Khitari empire, a revered Song general of the Yang clan is abandoned by his ally (who has a personal grudge with the family), and his forces are now outnumbered & surrounded in an old fortress. With the emporer's blessing, it's now up to a small group led by Yang's 7 sons to save him. It's a really good film if you like this sort of thing, and they kept the super "floaty" martial arts to a bare minimum, being exciting without ever being campy, which I liked. (4/5 Stars)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Picross e2 (3DS eShop)