Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 81 to 100 of 1,042

Splat

I use Netflix for watching TV shows more then movies. I just got done watching Angel this week and started watching Dead Like Me last night.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Philip_J_Reed

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody know where I can find a complete list of Netflix offerings? I wanna know if its worth subscribing.

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection

Just check the website. Films and TV shows are cycled in and out of the Instant Stream service so the only reliable way to know what's available at any given time is to check the official site.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

CanisWolfred

Chicken Brutus wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody know where I can find a complete list of Netflix offerings? I wanna know if its worth subscribing.

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection

Just check the website. Films and TV shows are cycled in and out of the Instant Stream service so the only reliable way to know what's available at any given time is to check the official site.

Ugh, so that's seriously all they have? Maybe twenty films per genre? Well, not really worth my time then. Thanks a lot, man, saved me money.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

irken004

Mickeymac wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody know where I can find a complete list of Netflix offerings? I wanna know if its worth subscribing.

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection

Just check the website. Films and TV shows are cycled in and out of the Instant Stream service so the only reliable way to know what's available at any given time is to check the official site.

Ugh, so that's seriously all they have? Maybe twenty films per genre? Well, not really worth my time then. Thanks a lot, man, saved me money.

I use this to look for titles: http://instantwatcher.com/

Splat

@Mickeymac - You can try Netflix free for 30 days.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

The thing is if you are just going to get Netflix for streaming only you are going to miss the big picture. Personally I suggest get the one movie out at a time deal and go from there. Usually the only time I stream movies is when I am in between rentals and I want something to watch.

Also there streaming selection for some genres are small but the have a ton of that genre available on disc. Like Japanese Anime for example they have a few worth while throught streaming like FMA and Trinity Blood but they have a good selection on disc.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Splat

For the most part I get movies on DVD and stream TV shows.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

@Splat: Yep either that or I stream movies that I am on the fence about and not sure if I want to blow the 20 bucks on them. I streamed GI Joe from Netflix and that right there saved me 20 bucks lol. RIght now I am streaming Triple H's movie The Chaperon. If its any good I will probably go pick it up than.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

CanisWolfred

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody know where I can find a complete list of Netflix offerings? I wanna know if its worth subscribing.

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection

Just check the website. Films and TV shows are cycled in and out of the Instant Stream service so the only reliable way to know what's available at any given time is to check the official site.

Ugh, so that's seriously all they have? Maybe twenty films per genre? Well, not really worth my time then. Thanks a lot, man, saved me money.

I use this to look for titles: http://instantwatcher.com/

Thanks. Looking at their FULL selection, I might actually be interested in starting a Netflix Membership.

Splat wrote:

@Mickeymac - You can try Netflix free for 30 days.

I never really trust that stuff.

Tasuki wrote:

The thing is if you are just going to get Netflix for streaming only you are going to miss the big picture. Personally I suggest get the one movie out at a time deal and go from there. Usually the only time I stream movies is when I am in between rentals and I want something to watch.

Also there streaming selection for some genres are small but the have a ton of that genre available on disc. Like Japanese Anime for example they have a few worth while throught streaming like FMA and Trinity Blood but they have a good selection on disc.

I will most likely go with the discs, since I mostly just want a movie that I can play at my leisure.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6849-7569 | Nintendo Network ID: CanisWolfred

Philip_J_Reed

Mickeymac wrote:

I will most likely go with the discs, since I mostly just want a movie that I can play at my leisure.

Ah, well, in that case you can disregard all the links people gave you above; those just list the films they have for streaming. If you want discs, then you pretty much have no limitations. Some new releases have a delay of a few weeks before they are available through Netflix, but, yeah, if you want discs, just assume that any movie you could conceivably want to see is available. Because, pretty much always, it is.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

TheBaconator

The sole purpose that I use Netflix for is to watch Rocko's Modern Life...That's it.

The Artist Formerly Known as ballkirby1
Nintendo Life Fantasy Football Team: The Propaniacs

LoopyLuigi

Not sure if anyone's mentioned this yet, but all four seasons of Heroes in available, and I highly recommend it!

It's a me, Luigi!

Splat

@Mickeymac - I just got done with the 30 day free trial and had no problems what so ever, I was just saying if you are on the fence about getting it I would recommend doing that.

@LoopyLuigi - I thought season one of Heroes was great season two was decent and after that it just got worse and worse.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Tasuki

Mickeymac wrote:

irken004 wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Mickeymac wrote:

Does anybody know where I can find a complete list of Netflix offerings? I wanna know if its worth subscribing.

http://www.netflix.com/BrowseSelection

Just check the website. Films and TV shows are cycled in and out of the Instant Stream service so the only reliable way to know what's available at any given time is to check the official site.

Ugh, so that's seriously all they have? Maybe twenty films per genre? Well, not really worth my time then. Thanks a lot, man, saved me money.

I use this to look for titles: http://instantwatcher.com/

Thanks. Looking at their FULL selection, I might actually be interested in starting a Netflix Membership.

Splat wrote:

@Mickeymac - You can try Netflix free for 30 days.

I never really trust that stuff.

Tasuki wrote:

The thing is if you are just going to get Netflix for streaming only you are going to miss the big picture. Personally I suggest get the one movie out at a time deal and go from there. Usually the only time I stream movies is when I am in between rentals and I want something to watch.

Also there streaming selection for some genres are small but the have a ton of that genre available on disc. Like Japanese Anime for example they have a few worth while throught streaming like FMA and Trinity Blood but they have a good selection on disc.

I will most likely go with the discs, since I mostly just want a movie that I can play at my leisure.

Ok?? You can stream movies any time you want. As long as you have a PC, PS3, Xbox, Wii or some other streaming devices.

Push Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Popyman

ballkirby1 wrote:

The sole purpose that I use Netflix for is to watch Rocko's Modern Life...That's it.

Just buy the DVDs on Amazon then...

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Popyman

A good movie my family watched a while ago is The Fall. VERY artsy movie, don't watch it if you aren't in to that kind of thing. It's one part Where The Wild Things Are and another part Second Hand Lion.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Kid_A

Popyman wrote:

It's one part Where The Wild Things Are and another part Second Hand Lion.


...The mind boggles trying to comprehend this...

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Philip_J_Reed

I'm looking for a movie that's one part Dr. Strangelove, two parts Super Size Me, two parts the music video for Once in a Lifetime by Talking Heads, and one part the scene from The Great Muppet Caper where Kermit and Piggy ride bicycles.

Plz advise.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

MERG

@Chicken Brutus...if you find THAT movie let me know...because it would be AWESOME!

Bow ties are cool - The Doctor

Top

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic