Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 641 to 660 of 1,051

Kid_A

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

RevolverLink wrote:

Until I started re-watching it a couple of weeks ago, I'd forgotten just how consistently hilarious The Office (US) used to be, especially the earlier seasons.

Seasons 2-4 were generally fantastic, imo, and so was season 7 (at least the Michael-is-leaving-soon episodes). 8 was frankly some of the worst television I've ever experienced in my entire life, but for some inexplicable reason I stuck through it and watched the ninth and final season premiere last night.

And you know what? It was pretty good.

I agree completely. Season 8 of The Office was insufferably bad, but they really seemed to pull it together for the first episode of Season 9, which was really enjoyable.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

shingi_70

Watching breaking bad.

Also the Netflix web interface craps over all the mobile/TV interfaces.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RevolverLink

Season 8 of The Office was kind of like looking into an alternate dimension. A dimension in which everyone's worst fears about an American adaptation of The Office were realized.

From what I've seen (5 episodes in), Luther is quite good too, if anyone's interested in more quality British television.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Splat

Just watched Indie Game: The Movie and do recommend.

This captivating documentary follows several independent game designers as they painstakingly develop their games and hope for breakthrough success. It also explores the quirky sensibility these personalities bring to their art form.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

Odnetnin

@Kid_A Looks like nothing's changed; we still agree on everything. What did you think of last night's ep (I thought it was the best since season 7)? Maybe I should make a thread to discuss, if anyone's interested. I would discuss it on Noiseless Chatter, but I know that Phil would show me that it's not as good as I think it is (and I'm being serious; it probably isn't, but that doesn't mean I want my happiness taken away).

@RevolverLink Guess what I one in an NBC Twitter sweepstakes? That's right, the season 8 DVD set. I'm wondering if I should record a video of me burning it.

Idris Elba is a great actor (he was on The Office too, lol), so I've been meaning to checkout Luther. The only thing I'm wondering is how bad it is, content-wise?

@Splat Added it to my queue as soon as I found out. Must watch it when I find the time.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

Philip_J_Reed

Dark_Oddy_Rises wrote:

@Kid_A Looks like nothing's changed; we still agree on everything. What did you think of last night's ep (I thought it was the best since season 7)? Maybe I should make a thread to discuss, if anyone's interested. I would discuss it on Noiseless Chatter, but I know that Phil would show me that it's not as good as I think it is (and I'm being serious; it probably isn't, but that doesn't mean I want my happiness taken away).

Haha! Feel free to discuss it my way...I promise not to make you feel bad! Not least because I still haven't seen anything from this season yet. Maybe I'll catch up this weekend, but either way, I'd love to hear your thoughts!

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Odnetnin

Ah, ok. I read your article about the only 10 episodes of The Office U.S. that you liked, and I wanted to comment, but I couldn't figure out a way that wouldn't make me sound/feel wrong for liking it somehow. The fact that you didn't like some of my favorite/generally considered to be the best episodes such as "Goodbye Michael" or even "The Injury" intimidated me. But if you end up catching up on season 9 (I promise it's better than seasons 5, 6, and definitely 8) and write something about it (since you do seem to like writing about the show, at least ), then I'll be sure to drop in. Love the site, btw — keep it up guys!

Edited on by Odnetnin

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

RevolverLink

I've watched 25 episodes of Buffy the Vampire Slayer over the course of 3 days, so I'm obviously enjoying it quite a bit, but there's one thing that nags at me: why are all of these kids allowed to go to this school? Sunnydale High has a higher death rate than Somalia.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

GrumpyGoomba

Supernatural is a great show I highly recommend it.

GrumpyGoomba

Splat

Warehouse 13 and do like.

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

y2josh

Indie Game: The Movie.

y2josh

Slapshot

Sony_70 wrote:

Watching breaking bad.

Aye! Me too!

Also recommend watching Atlus Shrugged. Such a crazy movie!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

y2josh

The user named Tails is actually in Indie Game: The Movie. It's him putting a Super Meat Boy shirt on. Sorry if I'm behind the time on that lol.

y2josh

GrumpyGoomba

Arrested development is a great show along with freaks and geeks and undeclared.some of my favorite comedy shows.

GrumpyGoomba

Ludicoloishome

mac and devin go to high school is currently one of my favorites

Ludicoloishome

e-love

Super 8 was added a few weeks ago. Such a good movie.

Its retrotastic!

✰ not around as much as I used to be ✰

Tasuki

GrumpyGoomba wrote:

Supernatural is a great show I highly recommend it.

Agree I just started season 7 and still enjoying this series.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

GrumpyGoomba

y2josh wrote:

Indie Game: The Movie.

Great,thanks for recommending it.

GrumpyGoomba

Morgana

You should totally start watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. It rocks!

YOU WILL NEVER RISE FROM THE ASHES OF YOUR SHAME AND HUMILIATION!

Tasuki

DragonRider wrote:

You should totally start watching Avatar: The Last Airbender. It rocks!

I am hoping that they will add The Legend of Korra here soon.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic