Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 1,041 to 1,051 of 1,051

MsJubilee

Been watching F Is For Family (Netflix exclusive)recently. I have to say it's a fantastic show, and it has made me laugh more than modern Family Guy & The Simpsons ever has. I would highly recommend it over Family Guy and The Simpsons any day of the week.

"You have the right to sing the blues, but you gotta mix some rock and roll along the way." I adore Vic so much, and I love all the characters in this show.

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Assassin's Creed: Revelations & Watch Dogs 2

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Tyranexx

@BabyYoshi12 I'll second Grimm. It's an amazing show if you like dark fantasy, old fairy tales, supernatural themes, and some police drama thrown in. The sixth and final season felt a bit rushed due to reasons mentioned above, but it does have a true ending that wraps up somewhat nicely.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

DenDen

Im watching the movie the willoughbys its an awesome animation movie

Now playing
Nexomon
Dicey Dungeons
UnderMine
Steamworld Quest

FC - SW 2926-4689-1966

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

BabyYoda71

@DenDen Agreed. It’s a really great movie to watch with the family.

Another show I’d suggest to people to like dark fantasy’s is The Dark Crystal: Age of Resistance. It’s really good and addictive. It’s about to celebrate it’s one-year anniversary, but it’s super underrated.

Heigh Ho Heigh Ho. It’s off to work (from home) I go.

Tasuki

Just wrapped up a series called The Lost Pirate Kingdom. It's a docuseries depicting the Golden Age of Pirates. It combines recreated scenes with historians discussing key subject material.

It covers the careers of such pirates as Blackbeard, Benjamin Hornigold, Anne Bonnie, and such on how each one was influential in creating a Pirate Nation in the Caribbean.

I found it interesting and the way it was presented didn't make boring at all. The recreation scenes were done good while the historian would set the scene by explaining on what was going on.

There is a fair amount of gore, mostly limbs being shot off and a few decapitations but it's expected to be given what the show is about. There is a few sex scenes as well as well as a bit of nudity but again it makes sense with the subject at hand.

Overall if you are interested in pirates or the time period it covers I highly recommend watching it.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Tasuki

Saw the trailer for That 90's Show and I am impressed. Looking forward to this one as another let's capitalize on people's nostalgia show. To be honest though this one seems to capture the feel of the original show more then alot of those sequels.

My Backlog

Okami1

@Tasuki It looks better than Fuller House and that's saying something

dysgraphia awareness human

Fizza

If I could prop up a series I've very much enjoyed from Netflix, I'd like to recommend All Of Us Are Dead. It's a Korean made series in a similar vein to Squid Game focused around a zombie outbreak in a large city, with most of the series (from what I've watched at least) taking place in a school. A generic premise yes, but one it pulls off with wonderful execution. The buildup to the outbreak is both quick and highly effective, getting you straight to the thick of things while also taking the time to set up each of the main characters. There are also some absolutely wonderful scenes such as the canteen one which is when s*** hits the fan, the moment where one of the characters gets infected through a napkin and so many more. I'm only halfway through the 1st season myself but love sitting down for an hour every so often and continuing it, would highly recommend to anyone who's a fan of foreign works and apocalypse films/TV shows.

Oh and definitely watch it the native language: the English dubbing is hilariously bad.

Currently MIA for exams; see you all in a bit! o7
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: YT1-0Q2-YFF
Please ask for permission before using my FC!
Currently Playing: Super Castlevania IV (SNES)

Switch Friend Code: SW-3505-5480-3330 | Twitter:

Okami1

Wednesday was pretty good

dysgraphia awareness human

Tasuki

Finished That 90s Show last night and I really enjoyed it. As a fan of That 70s Show I wasn't disappointed. I love the cameos, the references and Easter eggs that were in it. As a sequel I have to say this was done perfectly.

If you are a fan of That 70s Show then you will enjoy That 90s Show.

My Backlog

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic