Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 521 to 540 of 1,051

LordTendoboy

soccer686 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I'm getting bored with Netflix. They hardly ever update their TV shows to include new seasons. I'm thinking about switching to Hulu Plus. Is Hulu's selection more up to date?

From what I hear if you use Hulu plus on anything put the computer very few of their shows are available. I also like that Netflix is available on every electronic device that isn't black and white.

So the PS3 version of Hulu Plus has less content than the PC version? Why? It's the same service, regardless of the device you use.

I just wish Netflix would update their TV shows on a regular basis so they have all the current seasons. South Park only goes up to season 13, and Family Guy only goes up to season 7.

Edited on by LordTendoboy

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

bub166

Unless it's already down, Lord of the Rings The Two Towers was just put on there like a month or two ago. To claim there is nothing that made money in theaters is instantly countered with that. >_>

Nintendo - Where even first person shooters ooze creativity.

LordTendoboy

@bub166

But that's one good movie out of a long list of direct-to-video crap. Netflix does have the StarsPlay movies, but I heard that's expiring in February.

3DS Friend Code (NEW) 4597-0176-3500
Minis March Again (NEW) 2323-0441-2739
Mini-Land Mayhem (NEW) 5071-8232-0670
Wii Friend Code 5519-8046-0668-6068
Smash Bros. Brawl 1893-2412-4594
[...

Tasuki

tendoboy1984 wrote:

soccer686 wrote:

tendoboy1984 wrote:

I'm getting bored with Netflix. They hardly ever update their TV shows to include new seasons. I'm thinking about switching to Hulu Plus. Is Hulu's selection more up to date?

From what I hear if you use Hulu plus on anything put the computer very few of their shows are available. I also like that Netflix is available on every electronic device that isn't black and white.

So the PS3 version of Hulu Plus has less content than the PC version? Why? It's the same service, regardless of the device you use.

I just wish Netflix would update their TV shows on a regular basis so they have all the current seasons. South Park only goes up to season 13, and Family Guy only goes up to season 7.

THey only stream what is available on DVD at the time. Current seasons arent on DVD yet.

For example I am a big Law & Order SVU fan and they are currently on season 13. All they have on Netflix and DVD are seasons 1 - 12. The day season 12 was out to buy on DVD Netflix had it to stream.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

theblackdragon

@tendoboy: that's the real difference between Hulu and Netflix. Hulu carries much more in the nature of current TV shows and will often have the latest episodes up within a week of them having aired (if not sooner), though as someone's already mentioned watching on a mobile device can be hit or miss as some shows are web only (they're clearly marked, though, so you can tell instantly while searching whether you'll be able to watch it on a device or not). Netflix carries much more in the nature of solid movie choices and what's out on DVD, which is why it has a great catalog of past shows but may be missing more recent episodes of currently-running series.

Edited on by theblackdragon

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

TKOWL

I don't know if Sergeant Frog has been recommended yet, but they've got tons of the episodes on Netfilx. If you like stuff like Monty Python, it's basically the crazed-up Japanese version of that. Best to watch it with another fan of the show, as it can bring the major "WTF"s to the room.

Backloggery | Art Blog

Nintendo Network ID: Ryanknight-TKOWL | Twitter:

PvtMatata

A great show is sgt.frog my avatar is corporalgiroro

PvtMatata

Bubbab5

If you're a huge fan of the Ninja Turtles and want to see all the shows series no matter how cheesey than Netflix has TMNT the next Mutation and it's decent

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

RevolverLink

I recommend the first season of Downton Abbey (it's only seven episodes), for anyone that's interested in understated, well-acted, well-made British period dramas with large ensemble casts focusing on an aristocratic family and their servants while rigid social class distinctions slowly decay around them. And if that seems too specific for you, let me just say that it's really good. And if you like try it and like it, I feel obligated to point out that PBS is currently airing the second season via their Masterpiece Classic program every Sunday (at 9 PM for me, but it's PBS, so check your local listings) and they've also made it available to watch on their website.

Or you could go with Doctor Who, which is also wonderful and British and that's about all the two shows really have in common.

Also, check out Parks and Recreation if you haven't, since the first three seasons are on Netflix. The first season was kinda meh, but season two and beyond have been pure gold. For my money, it's the best sitcom on television not named Community (although since Community is now on an indefinite hiatus, I suppose that means I do think that Parks and Rec is the best sitcom on TV).

And for anime fans, give Mushi-Shi a shot. It's beautiful, mysterious and wonderful. I'll leave it at that.

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Syrup

I would like to recommend "Kung Fu Dunk".

It's similar to "Shoalin Soccer", in the sense that it's a martial art with a sport. Although, this movie isn't over the top, and it's very well directed, plus the acting and story is wonderful. I highly recommend this film.

k8sMum

has anyone heard when hulu is going to be available for the wii/3ds?

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

Bubbab5

Anyone have any good KID recomendations?

. Heads up my name online on the 3DS and Xbox Live is Bubbab5 to let you guys know. My 3DS FC 5412 9927 8618

Bubbab5

Maybe I should of said TEEN sorry I just like to hear some more preteen movies and shows I'm not sayin you guys have to recommend stuff like that just wandering if there are any good preteen shows or movies you guys might have in mind

Lan

Glee. Yes. I used to think it'd be some dumb High School Musical knockoff but not at all. My friend started watching it, so i got into it and it's amazing. Don't think it's a kid's show either, it has plenty of adult themes and stuff. If you like music you should watch it. And no, the kids don't unrealistically break into song every five minutes, there's nothing like that. it's a pretty believable show for the most part.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

Shining-Void

@Lan My mom was trying to get me to watch glee today. I'll try it based on what you said.

Shining-Void

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

Lan

@Magic-Wind good! The first episode is kinda different from the rest, but other than that i think it's great. I made fun of my friend when he started watching it, i didn't want to like it, but i just ended up watching it with him.

Lots of censorship here...
3DS: 1676-4603-1823
Dragon friend safari

Nintendo Network ID: Dylan1

RevolverLink

To keep going with my previous UK note, anybody that likes Community (and/or Simon Pegg movies) might also like to try out Spaced; it's pretty different from most other sitcoms. And Fawlty Towers is classic comedy genius.

Edited on by RevolverLink

The Revloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-4605-3581-8608 | 3DS Friend Code: 4339-3392-1142 | Nintendo Network ID: RevolverLink

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic