General Discussion Forum

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Showing 501 to 520 of 892

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

501. Posted:

Yeah the selection is kinda cruddy... :/

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

Link79

502. Posted:

The guy in charge of the selection needs to be fired. I realize It's only costing 9 bucks a month for instant streaming but damn. Couldn't they at least put a few things on there that are somewhat well known?
I feel like I'm digging through a box of DVD's at a flea market. :(

3DS Friend code 4038-6006-7917
Wii Friend code 3553-5293-8702-0039
Smash Bros. Brawl 0001-3032-2653
Mario vs DK: Minis March Again 3310-6435-2823
Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

503. Posted:

Really? I've never had a problem with the instant streaming selection. Unless you're looking for big-budget movies like Transformers 3 or something. I guess it's a matter of taste, but there are a lot of independent and niche titles that I like a lot on instant streaming, and plenty of great foreign movies I never get to see anywhere else.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

y2josh

504. Posted:

The TV selection is pretty stellar. I don't think the movie selection is too bad either. I get my money's worth with the TV shows though.

The word "Gem" is overused.
PSN/gamertag: jcturtle
3DS Friend Code: 3179-6118-9371

AuthorMessage

Splat

505. Posted:

y2josh wrote:

I get my money's worth with the TV shows.

Edited on by Splat

"What do you reckon, we're gonna have to climb that thing?" ~ Chloe Frazer

"I reckon I'M gonna have to climb that thing." ~ Nathan Drake

AuthorMessage

Link79

506. Posted:

Yeah the TV shows tend to be alot better.
If you try looking for any movies that actually made some money at the theater you won't likely find them on Netflix.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Splat

507. Posted:

If you like The Office watch Parks and Recreation. Season 1 is just decent but season 2 and 3 are awesome.

AuthorMessage

Tasuki

508. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

The guy in charge of the selection needs to be fired. I realize It's only costing 9 bucks a month for instant streaming but damn. Couldn't they at least put a few things on there that are somewhat well known?

Lol as I said the guy in charge of the streaming department is Reed Hasteings the Founder and CEO of Netflix good luck firing him.

I agree with grenworthshero I have found plenty of good movies to stream like the first two Lethal Weapons and Maverick. Not to mention a bunch of Star Trek including the 2009 movie, and a bunch of the tv series. Also I have seen stuff like The Mask and Toy Story 3, Blues Brothers, and Superman just to name a few more.

I dont know what you are expecting Link79 but there are a bunch of good movies there and even a whole lot that I havent mentioned. As grenworthshero you arent going to find the big blockbusters like Transformers 3 or Harry Potter and if thats what you are expecting maybe you should switch and get discs instead of streaming.

Edited on by Tasuki

Pushsquare moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

AuthorMessage

Odnetnin

509. Posted:

Splat wrote:

If you like The Office watch Parks and Recreation.

My friend told me the same thing today.

Splat wrote:

y2josh wrote:

I get my money's worth with the TV shows.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter: Odnetnin

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

510. Posted:

RogueBologna wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

I'm currently insanely addicted to Lost. The entire series is on instant streaming, so if you, like me, managed to miss out on this the first time, prepare yourself for some of the best storytelling and acting in the history of television.

Lost is my favorite show ever. Down right amazing.

I'm about 7 episodes or so from the end. Even if the end disappoints, it'll still easily be the greatest television show I've ever seen. Season 5 absolutely blew me away, and even though I'm not quite as enthralled by the more-philosphical Season 6, it's still brilliant. Just finished Richard Alpert's backstory and it was one of the greatest things I've ever seen on TV. SUCH a good show!

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

AuthorMessage

Link79

511. Posted:

@ Tasuki
I know i shouldn't expect the really big blockbusters on Netflix but a few halfway decent movies would be nice.
Most of the popular movies you mentioned I already have on DVD. I did find Mrs. Doubtfire on netflix so that's a good one.
I also watched the new Star Trek movie which I absolutely loved and I'm not even a big Trekkie. It was great even for non fans!
I noticed Tron Legacy was recently added so I might check that out.

Wii and 3DS ID Link

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

512. Posted:

They just added the TV show 24 to Instant. If you want something action-packed and insanely addicting, 24 is for you. First 5 seasons are brilliant. The rest? Eh.

AuthorMessage

HanuKwanzMasBif

513. Posted:

Important Things with Demetri Martin. It's hilarious, plus it has H Jon Benjamin, which is an added bonus.

The Mii for 1000 3DSs Project! Make a Mii Viral!
My Games
TMBG fan

AuthorMessage

Shining-Void

514. Posted:

MAR is a very good show

I am currently playing Super metroid, Most wanted U, Runner 2, and Darksiders 2.
Currently reading Magi, Soul Eater, 07 ghost, Area no kishi, and Pandora's Heart
"Let us see the difference of power. Realize the absolute disparity! Indignant Judgment!"
pkmn black 2 fc: 4814 4862 8046

Nintendo Network ID: Eternal-Cyprees

AuthorMessage

Splat

515. Posted:

Vampire Diaries is actually a pretty good show. I was not expecting to like it so much.

AuthorMessage

Xiao_Pai

516. Posted:

grenworthshero wrote:

Really? I've never had a problem with the instant streaming selection. Unless you're looking for big-budget movies like Transformers 3 or something. I guess it's a matter of taste, but there are a lot of independent and niche titles that I like a lot on instant streaming, and plenty of great foreign movies I never get to see anywhere else.

My friend wanted to watch Gremlins with me last night...but no, not available. New movies that just came out I can understand, but older movies like the example I just mentioned, yeah...it's kinda ridiculous. >.>

I love Erica (Strike Witches), Eureka (Eureka Seven), and Tenma (School Rumble), stay away from them. xD
Update: Also love Yukari and Mizore from Rosario + Vampire.
Another Update: Also Yuuki...from School Rumble...
Yet Another Update: Also Amber and Xiao Pai from Rune Factory 4.

AuthorMessage

bezerker99

517. Posted:

All of (the late) John Hughes' films are great! This one is no exception. It's also now available to Instantly Watch on Netflix. Check it out...stars Ed O'Neil (aka Al Bundy).

Untitled

bezerker99

AuthorMessage

Popyman

518. Posted:

Link79 wrote:

You make it sound like it's as easy as picking movies from a list and making them available for streaming--it isn't. There are contracts and deals involved that take time and money. And if you honestly can't find any movies to watch you either have bad taste or aren't trying new things. Don't just look for stuff you know about, browse around and give a totally unknown movie a chance. I found so many gems that I never would have seen if I didn't have Netflix.

As for what I'm watching now: Being Human. Watch it. Although seeing as how this is a UK based site most of you probably have. :P

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

AuthorMessage

grenworthshero

519. Posted:

I find that the super-popular movies most everyone has already seen anyway are not on there, and I'm fine with that. Movies like Gremlins and E.T. are not going to be on streaming, and that's why it's so cheap. Streaming is kind of for movie buffs who have already seen all the "obvious" selections and are looking for niche titles.

PSN ID: grenworthshero
Steam: grenworthshero
WiiU: grenworthshero
3DS Code: 3823-8687-7682
YouTube--backloggery--tumblr--Facebook--last.fm

Nintendo Network ID: grenworthshero

AuthorMessage

Kid_A

520. Posted:

Skyline is now instant streaming. One of the best bad movies of our time.