Forums

Topic: Thread of totally awesome Netflix Instant recommendations

Posts 201 to 220 of 1,051

Splat

Kid_A wrote:

I should probably mention that if you start watching the US version of The Office, you'll want to stop after the first episode of season 5, lest your love for the show be tarnished irreversibly.

It has dropped off big time but I can't bring my self to stop watching I'm going down with the ship.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

Kid_A

Splat wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

I should probably mention that if you start watching the US version of The Office, you'll want to stop after the first episode of season 5, lest your love for the show be tarnished irreversibly.

It has dropped off big time but I can't bring my self to stop watching I'm going down with the ship.

Sigh...me too
This season has been watchable, and after going back through Season 5, I think I've been overly harsh on that one as well. It's actually well worth watching. Season 6 is still a mess, though, and I'll stand by that.

Blog: http://www.sequencebreaking.blogspot.com
3DS Friend Code: 2277-7231-5687
Now Playing: Animal Crossing: New Leaf

Magi

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka is now available.

Magi

Splat

Magi wrote:

I'm Gonna Git You Sucka is now available.

Awesome.

Popyman

I've been watching Twin Peaks, great show....for the first season. I find myself watching now just for Agent Cooper.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Splat

Just finished season two of Sons of Anarchy last night so freaking good but what a cliff hanger can't wait for season 3 to get on Netflix.

theblackdragon

omg season 3 is amaaaaaaazing, wraps up all kinds of crap with a nice, neat bow. you can buy it on iTunes if you're interested; i know Netflix takes foreeeeever to get stuff i actually want to watch lol :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Joeynator3000

Who here watches Shin-Chan?! xD
I'm watching through them, on episode...12-ish I think, lol.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Kid_A

I'm sure it's been mentioned but The Other Guys is on instant. Not a perfect comedy by any means, but it's definitely worth watching if you're not totally opposed to Will Ferrel.

warioswoods

Popyman wrote:

I've been watching Twin Peaks, great show....for the first season. I find myself watching now just for Agent Cooper.

The second season was also quite good until the moment when the mystery is revealed. After that episode, Lynch ceased his direct involvement and let the other writers and directors fill in, and the results are abysmal. He did then return and write / direct a bizarrely wonderful series finale, if you can make it that far.

Twitter is a good place to throw your nonsense.
Wii FC: 8378 9716 1696 8633 || "How can mushrooms give you extra life? Get the green ones." -

Popyman

^ Oh yeah, I forgot the Laura stuff carries over into a good deal of season two, that stuff is all fantastic. I didn't know he left, that explains why it's so bad...There are some good ideas (namely the chess game between Cooper and his ex-partner) but it's boggled down by stupidity...

That's good to hear about the finale! I still plan to finish it, I sort of feel like I have to.

"Sometimes isolation is a good thing, Razputin. It can lead to many important discoveries."--Sasha Nein, Psychonauts3DS FC: 2578-3212-7404Popy's Backloggery!

Splat

Out of boredom I started watching the TV show Ghost Whisperer and so far I'm liking it more then I thought I would.

theblackdragon

BellGoRiiing wrote:

oh hell yes! shin-chan's on Netflix? how many seasons' worth? i know seasons 1 and 2 are both on Hulu but only for web streaming, not TV or iDevices.

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

Odnetnin

Kid_A wrote:

Not to state the obvious, but the every episode of the UK and US versions of The Office are on instant. Obviously if you haven't seen them, you should. Immediately.

Can anybody give an unbiased recommendation on both based on inappropriate content? In terms of content, is one version worse than the other? Are some seasons better than others from this standpoint?

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

LordJumpMad

theblackdragon wrote:

BellGoRiiing wrote:

oh hell yes! shin-chan's on Netflix? how many seasons' worth? i know seasons 1 and 2 are both on Hulu but only for web streaming, not TV or iDevices.

Hell yeah! Shin Chan.
That show is like Simpsons in japan.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

Kid_A

Pandalicious wrote:

Kid_A wrote:

Not to state the obvious, but the every episode of the UK and US versions of The Office are on instant. Obviously if you haven't seen them, you should. Immediately.

Can anybody give an unbiased recommendation on both based on inappropriate content? In terms of content, is one version worse than the other? Are some seasons better than others from this standpoint?

Both venture into risque territories, but the UK Office can get very raunchy sometimes, to the point where I'm shocked they were allowed to get away with some of it on network television. I mean this in terms of cursing, sexual innuendos and such. Truth be told, though, the whole point of The Office is that it captures uncomfortable moments. David Brent and Michael Scott (the bosses on the UK and US Offices, respectively) have no concept of what is and isn't appropriate or politically correct, so a lot of the laughs come from their cluelessness of basic social norms.

What I'm trying to say is, The Office is supposed to be inappropriate, but not for shock laughter. In other words, you're not laughing because David Brent made an incredibly racist joke about black people, you're laughing because David Brent is clueless enough to think that it's actually funny. Even if you're easily offended by somewhat lude content, as I am, I would still check out the show.

That being said, I'd definitely stick with the US Office if you're interested in the show. There's far less cursing and innuendo, and you can mostly pick out which episodes are going to be racy just by looking at the title (example: there's an episode called Sexual Harassment. Guess what sort of territory that one ventures into).

I hope that's somewhat helpful

Splat

There is no way I could watch the UK version of The Office with out comparing it to the US version the whole time so I have never even gave it a chance.

Kid_A

Splat wrote:

There is no way I could watch the UK version of The Office with out comparing it to the US version the whole time so I have never even gave it a chance.

I'm pretty sure it should be the other way around
Trust me, it's a completely different show. You owe it to yourself to watch it.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic