Forums

Topic: This whole HD era confuses me.

Posts 141 to 158 of 158

Slapshot

Yes, because playing a shooter on the PS2/Xbox is the exact same as a shooter on the PS3/360 — only with better graphics. Seriously guys? Both of you guys know that there is more to it than just a graphical increase. It allows for gameplay options and variations that aren't possible on the non-HD systems.

Perfect example... go drop The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind into your Xbox and then play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PS3/360. Not only do the graphics in Morrowind make the game hard to play, but their isn't enough processing power to make the game's combat system much fun either. Also, your forced to constantly see repeated environments and dungeons, etc.

@Tendoboy "Theirs no such thing as a hardcore gamer." Really? And what gives you the right to make that judgement? So a guy who spends years of his life to perfect Donkey Kong and breaks the insanely high World Record isn't a hardcore gamer? Someone who spends weeks on end speed-running Mario titles without dying isn't hardcore? What about someone what has an honest 2.0+ KD ratio in Modern Warfare? Or what about someone who has enough skills to beat NES titles: Super Mario: The Lost Levels, Battletoads and Bionic Commando without loosing a single life? These people are not hardcore? Let me answer that for you. Yes, they indeed are hardcore!

Edited on by Slapshot

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Aviator

Slapshot wrote:

Perfect example... go drop The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind into your Xbox and then play The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim on the PS3/360. Not only do the graphics in Morrowind make the game hard to play, but their isn't enough processing power to make the game's combat system much fun either.

Then go and play it on a high-end PC and just lose everything your life once had to offer.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Slapshot

@Aviator Exactly! But, it's a great example of the differences of what the HD consoles offer compared to their predecessors, because the games are nothing but raw gameplay.

KaiserGX

Hardcore means dedicated or loyal. I'm sure there's people who fit that description. However I don't think games can be hardcore.

Also all that power doesn't come from HD alone. Even if the Xbox and PS3 didn't run in HD I'm sure you would still have that power to fix those problems being it's a more powerful system.

Edited on by KaiserGX

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Gameday

ok what about wiiware games and old vc games that some people havent tried. I mean to just abandon or diss on any game cause its not in HD which many like to do these days is not too fair lol. Im not saying hd games arent great , cause we know better. You get better visuals capabilities etc. I understand and agree with your quote above. Just wonder what everyone is thinking really.

Stay Gaming My Friends ~
(Youtube) https://goo.gl/RZezjr
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Aviator

Gameday wrote:

I mean to just abandon or diss on any game cause its not in HD which many like to do these days is not too fair lol.

The same can be said to a game that is in HD, which a lot of people in this thread have done.

QUEEN OF SASS

It's like, I just love a cowboy
You know
I'm just like, I just, I know, it's bad
But I'm just like
Can I just like, hang off the back of your horse
And can you go a little faster?!

Slapshot

KaiserGX wrote:

Damn this game is in HD, not gonna play it.

I only play games that are below 1 pixel. That's how true of a hardcore gamer I am!
Oh Snap!

Edited on by Slapshot

shingi_70

doesn't matter about graphics. I almost lost it when kefia took over the world. I had a the same emotional response watching my teammates die one by one.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Meta-Rift

KaiserGX wrote:

I don't know how anyone can play games with more then 1 pixel. It's too damn detailed.

That's why I play all my games with the TV turned off. Stupid graphics ruining the experience. >:[

Meta-Rift

KaiserGX

Meta-Rift wrote:

KaiserGX wrote:

I don't know how anyone can play games with more then 1 pixel. It's too damn detailed.

That's why I play all my games with the TV turned off. Stupid graphics ruining the experience. >:[

Dude wtf... then you can't hear the music... just rip your eyes out.

✉ Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/kaisergx
✉ Twitch: http://www.twitch.tv/kaisergx
✉ Twitter: https://twitter.com/kaisergx

Switch Friend Code: SW-3625-8025-1230 | My Nintendo: KaiserGX | Nintendo Network ID: KaiserGX

Hokori

BlackFira wrote:

Darkrai wrote:

is it really life changing if I cant see "HD"??? i mean honestly, I think all in all HD is overrated and thats how it is, if for some reason I CAN see HD when the Wii U comes out you can call me a fanboy, but even now I cant see HD on the Wii U

try this idea does one look more clearer then the other? thats one of my little ideas to defining the HD definition in my book

nope they all look just as clear as the last

Digitaloggery
3DS FC: Otaku1
WiiU: 013017970991
Nintendo of Japan
niconico community is full of kawaii!
Must finish my backlagg or at least get close this year
W...

Wheels2050

LordTendoboy wrote:

Meta-Rift wrote:

LordTendoboy wrote:

I'm sick of having to pay $300+ for a new console just so I can play the same games with better graphics. I want something new, something I've never played before.

I'm sick of buying Wii games just so I can play the same games with a different controller. [/sarcasm]

A good game is a good game, no matter what the gameplay is like. You're kidding yourself if you think the games on HD systems are the same as the previous generation with updated graphics. That's what remakes are for.

I'm not saying all games are like this, I'm just saying many of them seem to have changed very little. There's not enough innovation, especially with PC games. You guys have been using a mouse and keyboard for over 30 years. Why not try something new? The console industry has evolved and expanded greatly with new types of controllers and gameplay. But PC gamers always seem to stick to the mouse and keyboard, and their endless supply of shooters and RTS games.

I'll go out on a limb and assume you're being serious here. I honestly don't know what you know of PC gaming, but it obviously isn't much. You only have to look at the indie gaming scene on PC (enabled by the ability to get cheap games to market) to realise that there is far more innovation there than most other platforms. If you're feeling so jaded after the current console generation, I suggest you get hold of a mid-range PC, download Steam and spend $20 during the next sale. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Apart from the indie scene, there are many games on PC that just aren't feasible on other platforms. RTS games are so prevalent on PC because they just can't be done as well using a gamepad. Decent simulators are only possible with the processing power of a PC. MMORPGs, typically requiring a large variety of inputs, can't really be done without a KB+M.

I don't want to go bashing consoles, as they have their share of strengths when compared to PC, but I suggest you actually take the time to have a look at the platform before you have a go at it for a 'lack of innovation'.

As for the keyboard and mouse thing, the PC can support any control device you choose to throw at it. Sure, gamepads are good for certain games, but I think the persistence of the KB+M setup is due more to it being a far superior option for many games than due to a lack of innovation or stubbornness, as you seem to be suggesting.

(I realise this post is rather defensive, but it annoys me greatly when - after being around for many decades - PC gaming still seems to be so misunderstood even by fellow gamers).

I used to have a blog link here. I'll put it back up when the blog has something to read.

theblackdragon

@Wheels2050: no, you're right on the money — the keyboard/mouse combination is there for a reason IMO. as for innovating it, hell, they make gaming mice and keyboards that give you even more buttons or specifically-placed buttons to use if you want, haha. keyboard/mouse is an incredibly popular and easy-to-use method of controlling games, it's downright necessary when it comes to MMO gaming (due to the amount of buttons needed, really) and people seem to prefer it to options (gamepads and joysticks) that are also readily available. if it ain't broke, they're not gonna fix it.

As for the rest of the argument at hand, this thread has gone from HD vs. SD to 'Move is a Wii ripoff' to 'xbox vs. sony vs. nintendo' to 'why have FMVs, i don't like them' and now to noninnovation in game controls. If you'd just like to rant about why the current gaming world bothers you, Tendoboy, please feel free to get a blog and link to it in your signature — that way the only people you'll suck into these inane circular arguments of yours will be people who know what they're getting into when they attempt to convince you of anything. This has gone on long enough, though, and it's time for it to end. Thank you! :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.