Forums

Topic: This website redesign!

Posts 181 to 200 of 213

LaserdiscGal

@Peek-a-boo

Na I'm just one of the mods, we can change avatars and edit peoples profiles, I'm just trying to help out where I can

Cause after all...
Untitled

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

DefHalan

Morpheel wrote:

Don't be so modest, @Waluigi.

The truth is that he did all the changes. It was him.

IT IS ALL HIS FAULT!?!?!?!?!

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

LaserdiscGal

It's seems as if my cover has been blown. Quick I need a distraction!

Uh...er..um...WHIP STIR WHIP STIR

Untitled

LaserdiscGal

3DS Friend Code: 0688-5519-2711 | My Nintendo: pokefraker | Nintendo Network ID: pokefraker

Baineblade

@Waluigi: So I've given it some time to let this...Nightmare of an update settle. It's even worse. I have a header bar that wont disappear, that covers titles, and still takes up FAR too much real estate on my monitor. The ads continue to be blocked as they are still loop cycling on pages when they shouldn't and dear god would it kill you guys to keep something that was working just fine? Ever hear of "If it ain't broke don't fix it" ? Cause damn son, you've really broken what was a perfectly working website.

Baineblade

LaserdiscGal

@Baineblade you do understand that I didn't actually update the website right? I'm just one of the mods

Edit: You've been here all of two weeks, I find it quite funny that you're complaining more than people who've been here for years.

Edited on by LaserdiscGal

LaserdiscGal

jump

Morpheel wrote:

Don't be so modest, @Waluigi.

The truth is that he did all the changes. It was him.

Untitled

Edited on by jump

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

LaserdiscGal

I feel so loved.

LaserdiscGal

Baineblade

@Waluigi:

1) You are a mod, as such you have contact and can relay information and feedback to those who DID create this jumbled together mess.

2) Are...Are you REALLY gonna call me out over the time I've been here? I found this website 2 weeks ago yes. Because I was LOOKING for a good site with accurate, up-to-date and easily accessible information. The "update" as it is, is a complete mess, one which has turned a new set of eyes away from JUST after finding something that bloody well worked.

3) The post as written is a general address to all volunteers and employees of nintendolife and not just targeting you fancy luigi type person.

Edited on by Baineblade

Baineblade

Rumorlife

Lol did that guy delete his account because he hated the redesign?

Rumorlife

yokokazuo

@Baineblade there is a contact form at the bottom of the site where you can provide feedback and report bugs regarding the redesign.
I had a lot of issues with the redesign at first, but they have been working on fixing them and for the most part I have warmed up to the new site as well.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Spoony_Tech

Is there anyway to see who is liking your comments? Is there a notification for it?

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

LaserdiscGal

Dankykong wrote:

Lol did that guy delete his account because he hated the redesign?

I certainly wouldn't mind.

LaserdiscGal

supers0nic91

I couldn't agree more and I'm glad I'm not the only one. It seems harder to navigate and has actually made everything less accessible. It seems too mobile orientated making it less usable and friendly to PC users.

"Sawnik Thee Edgehag" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyImDOxbS7o#movie_player

Tasuki

So I figure I post my thoughts here, honestly I don't visit NL much anymore but after voicing my thoughts of this change over at Pushsquare @get2sammyb suggested I post my thoughts here since I guess Pushsquare will get the same look soon. So here's my thoughts.

1. I don't like the removal of the forum feed from the side. The main reason I came here was due to the forums and having the forum feed on the side of the main page made it convenient to see if any new posts were made lately. Now I have to hunt the forum section to see which threads have been posted in recently.

2. The front page just looks like a jumbled mess. I tought the old layout was great it was simple to navigate, pleasing to look at. Now the articles on the main page all look like advertisements it's just a mess.

3. This is the big one for me, there is no way to switch between mobile and desktop layouts. I understand why you have the mobile layout, it makes sense but before you had a convenient button at the bottom of the page I could click on to go back and forth. I prefer having a desktop layout even on my phone, but in order to get it I have to type Nintendolife.com/desktop in order to get it which can be annoying, why can't there be a button like before?

@antdickens Those are just my thoughts and I hope you take them into consideration when updating Pushsquare and even for here at Nintendolife.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

Eel

The recent threads appear under the forums tab (if you use the desktop site), you can also view all the active threads if you click "all topics" in that same tab, no need to hunt them down individually.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

yokokazuo

@Tasuki I've warmed up to it now for the most part and a lot of issues have been fixed now, but what you listed are currently my only issues now. I don't mind the layout now too much though in tile or list form. I would like the forums tab on the side since it showed them right away and who replied last. Also I too want the desktop/mobile site button since it will take me back to the mobile site if I refresh or open up a URL to this site without the desktop part after I leave it for a little while.
Another thing I kind of liked was that it would also show who created the thread in the all forums section.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Tasuki

@Meowpheel: @yokokazuo: Thanks for the tips. I will be honest and say that I don't spend too much time here on NL like I use to so it's taking me a bit longer then others to adjust. Plus going back and forth between NL and PS throws me off to which I am sure will change a bit when PS gets updated. That's why I listed what I did. Like the layout I will probably get use to but not having that button for reasons you pointed out @yokokazuo.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

antdickens

@Tasuki

1) We're going to make the homepage customizable so you can choose which elements to have on the page, with a forums feed as one of the options.

2) See above, and have you tried the 'list' view?

3) This will be set using a cookie instead very soon.

Cheers!

@antdickens
Nintendo Life | Push Square | Pure Xbox | Time Extension

Switch Friend Code: SW-7806-7257-0597 | My Nintendo: antdickens | Nintendo Network ID: anthonyd | Twitter:

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.