Forums

Topic: This is how Nintendo killed their E3, but why?

Posts 1 to 2 of 2

Silvervisiona

So, Nintendo had a problem this year at E3. It showed off an incredible batch of great games (many of which I want) that are going to be released very soon. What it did not do was show anything new. And, it did not make any announcements for games that come out beyond this year. This problem is rather simple, but has never ever happened before at E3. All companies always show games that are in the works 1+ years in advance. But, for some reason, Nintendo didn't. This morning's "conference" was supposed to showcase the future games of 3DS. The problem. That they showed all the games and trailers I've already heard about and seen. And that was that. To make insult out of injury, they kept emphasizing earlier they would reveal new stuff at the conference. They didn't really. They did reveal marginally new stuff about the games we knew about, but, I already knew about that stuff from general knowledge from the interviews and gaming sites the past few months. What E3 presentations are supposed to be about is showing/introducing games which are too young to show off in demos, allowing gamers to look forward to them. What the second conference did was just go through what was already known the past three days. Useless. It's almost an insult to gamers, who are accustomed to E3 being where they hear about something for the first time. What they did was show off details that could easily be shown off during the rest of the year. Now I have nothing to look forward to beyond this year, AND I have nothing to look forward to for the next 5 months because I already know everything about all of Nintendo's games, so there's no intrigue until they come out. This intrigue is a key component that Nintendo has lost, for me and all it's fans. In retrospect, if no one else knew about any of their games, now they know, but it wouldn't have killed them to show some previews for the games of future. O_o

3DS FC: 4940 - 5465 - 5797

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.