Forums

Topic: Things I hate about Nintendo

Posts 1 to 6 of 6

joe-hamburg

To introduce myself, I am a 37yo guy and I play videogames since I was able to reach the buttons at the arcade.
I played handheld (Nintendo Game&Watch Donkey Kong jr. was one of my favorites), arcade (Donkey Kong!), Atari 2600, C64, Amiga 500, PC. I am playing all kind of genres, with a preference on 1st person, RTS, adventures, managing games, party games, casual.

This just so that you know a little about my background. I bought a WII (and more than 40 games) and a 3DS. Not because it's Nintendo, just because I liked the ideas.
I will now start bashing Nintendo for some things that obviously other people like. Of course one might say I then should sell my Nintendo and play Playstation or chess. But I am a paying customer, a dedicated gamer and I am frustrated about how great ideas fail.

• Starting with the WII
    The WII is without any question the greatest invention in videogaming since Atari 2600. But... why is there such a big fail to produce any more good games since WII Sports?? I mean you get the console, you love Bowling and Tennis etc., but what came after this? Yes, of course I also like Wii Fit+, Excite Truck, Resident Evil and some more.

But 90% of the games for WII are complete . I played them 2 or 3 times and then forgot them because they were so boring or bad.
I mean the WII is about MOVEMENT so were are the games that are really using this feature? I am talking about games where the wiimote feels natural in your hand, where it really fits to the theme, not all these bad tries.
If I am looking at best games lists like this it seems I am just not a console gamer, it has nearly nothing for me: http://www.gamepro.com/article/features/221429/the-10-best-wi...

Nintendo tried to do it better with the Wii Motion Plus, but there are nearly no games for this. Were are the ideas? Why isn't there a football (soccer) game were I can bind the Wiimote to my leg and really shoot the ball? Where are such ideas? Why aren't there great games for so many other sports or bar games?

Going on, why can't you stop bothering me with Mario and his friends? Sorry, all you Nintendo Kids, but I hate Mario. I hate all of this 'sweet' scenario. Nintendo, do you really think a typical adult that never bought a console but owns the WII is a good target for Mario? We bought Wii+Wii Sports, not Wii+Marios Kindergarden.

And how about some more games for people who actually like computergames? I mean is it such a big problem to get a few more really great shooters ported to Wii? Resident Evil IV is great, the rest is so bad. Or a strategy game maybe? Do I really have to go back to my PC for this? How sad.

• Now for the 3DS.
    I bought it because I thought it's about time to get a 3D videogame. The only thing I am using from time to time is the 3D camera. I am so frustrated about this thing, damn. I bought 3 games for it (sports, racing, soccer). All are boring. And the 3D always looses focus when you slightly turn the 3DS while playing.

And what about the eshop? Is this a joke? I mean since the 3Ds came out there is ONE (1!) real downloadable 3DS game (golf). I don't count this virtual console oldie rubbish. I would even pay for some nice 3D videos (not these free cartoon and magic trick things). It's unbelievable what they are doing with customers in this case.

So to end my big bash, in fact, I don't want to bash. I am just frustrated that the great ideas of the Nintendo Hardware are not supported enough by great games and that there are not enough alternatives for people who don't want to play Super Mario Part 50.

I hope some of these things will change.
Best regards,
Joe

Edited on by theblackdragon

joe-hamburg

19Robb92

"Wall of text filled with minor valid points but mostly personal preferences"

All I can say is to recommend you to just enjoy games cause they are good and not because they're kid friendly or not and stop hating on stuff and ignore them instead. If you don't like it, don't buy it or keep it. Buy something you like instead.

Have fun.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

Mr_Trill_281

nothing bad from me i love all they stuff..

"Its All About Those 2x Houston Rockets, 5x Dallas Cowboys, 1x Houston Astros, Texas A&M Aggies".

LzWinky

Things I hate about whiners: they whine too much

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.