Forums

Topic: The Writers Thread

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

CanisWolfred

Well, square-one with the big one, and heavily set back with the other two...I just found a doc that wasn't in the right place that had some notes for one of my short stories, and the other I emailed to myself part of the second story (although there wasn't much). Still pretty upset, though.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

GuardianKing

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate writer's block! Every time I write, my stuff gets worse... It doesn't help that my friend showed up to a place behind my back, plopped down my first draft, and was like: "Hey, everyone, let's laugh at his sh*t!"

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

CanisWolfred

^FFFFFFFfffffffffff

So I didn't want to share this before I had the illustrations to go with it, but I wrote a 2.5 page essay/very short story/poem? last night, and now I need an editor, since I'm a sucky editor myself and I'm driving myself nuts with all the typos I made (this is what I get for writing so late at night)...that was a run-on sentence...

Anyways, just let me know what you think and definitely let me know if you found any mistakes, please:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Xo2JB3EwqwAgM01MQk-qknjeq...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

Again, thanks a lot for your help, Turnip! It really made a huge difference!

Now on to the real hard part...the illustrations. X.X I hope I can handle it, though I'm not really expecting to have them all done before the end of the year...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ralizah

GuardianKing wrote:

AAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I hate writer's block! Every time I write, my stuff gets worse... It doesn't help that my friend showed up to a place behind my back, plopped down my first draft, and was like: "Hey, everyone, let's laugh at his sh*t!"

In my experience, most serviceable literature isn't written, it's rewritten.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

bro2dragons

Writing well is the one skill, above all others, I would take if I had the choice. Keep up the good work, guys.

“I am a brother to dragons and a companion to owls." Job:30:29

Nintendo Network ID: bro2dragons

CanisWolfred

I'm finally getting some motivation to write up some of the stories I have rummaging around in my head - Got like, 16 in there that I at least gotta organize - and while I was setting up for that, I stumbled upon an old one I found, largely based on a dream I had way back in 2007. Figured I'd post it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3caMhookUSvMkhucVdZcVgyQkE

It's not done - only ~45% complete, but surprisingly enough, I actually remember the gist of everything else. I remember that dream very vividly, because I thought it was really funny (I had it while falling asleep to Adult Swim, though it was anime night, and the last thing I saw was Trinity Blood, of all things - one of the worst shows they had back then), and it ultimately inspired me to make webcomics...which went nowhere, but after all these years, I think it's worth another shot.

I'm gonna finish the document this weekend (barring any extreme writer's block, but honestly, the key there is to relax, and just let things flow naturally - mistakes and all. I'm not gonna let little things stop me this time). It shouldn't be too long, because I intended the last half to be more visual-gag oriented. 'Course, that can be tough to get across without actual visuals, but so long as I can visualize it just by reading it, it'll be fine - I'm still gonna make it a comic next year, along with the other one I see I posted here.

Oh, and yes, I gotta reword the first few paragraphs here and there, I think it was originally going to be written as a post on Nintendo Life, but I decided that it was too good and pasted it into word. So it's got a lot of random captial letters, and before I made some recent edits, there were way too many "and then" statements (still probably too many, but it's driving me insane, so I'll work on that when I'm done).

EDIT: Just thought I'd point out that the three characters were characters I came up with growing up while playing Pokemon (They were selectable default names in the 2nd Gen Pokemon games). I might change the names at some point, but I don't think it matters?

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Haru17

@CanisWolfred Lol, why did you hate google drive back in '14? I started using it that year and it makes editing—especially editing in a group setting like for a publication—super easy. I have all of my writers respond to comments to revise their first drafts (admittedly, it is annoying when they delete the text the comment was posted on and it disappears).

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.