Forums

Topic: The Worst Games of all Time

Posts 101 to 120 of 220

rayword45

Not that weird, Revelations was nominated for a best story award. For obvious reasons Video Game stories are like movies. No matter how bad almost everyone finds them you'll find at least one fan (yes, even Uwe Boll).

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Odnetnin

Kyloctopus wrote:

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not everyone who played Metroid Other M is a "Metroid fanboy". A lot of people who are not fans have played the game and can provide a valid opinion. Explore the internet.

Also, no one talks like that. So stop pretending like they do.

Actually Other M was my first Metroid game.

Other M wasn't really my first Metroid game, but I wasn't at all a fan of the series before playing it. It actually made me more of a Metroid fanboy, if anything.

Six word TV reviews
The Worst Firework Displays of all Time

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7077-1059 | Twitter:

rayword45

Chrono_Cross wrote:

Not everyone who played Metroid Other M is a "Metroid fanboy". A lot of people who are not fans have played the game and can provide a valid opinion. Explore the internet.

Also, no one talks like that. So stop pretending like they do.

And those who provide that opinion typically don't whine nearly as much as the fanboys.

Also, that's what they'd probably sound like in real life. Watch some videos on how "Metroid Other M sucks balls and ruined the series" and you at least have to understand why someone would see the complaints as obnoxious and menial.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

kkslider5552000

rayword45 wrote:

Most responses will come from Metroid fanboys. Other people won't bother to comment or haven't played the game. The denial fanboys are always the most vocal.

Looking at the game alone (imagine the characters were replaced) then all people would complain about is the story (a la Resident Evil: Revelations or any other great game with a terrible story). Most fans only comment "ZOMG TERRIBLE ANIME WRITING IS DEEP GUYS INSTEAD OF THE LACK OF CHARACTER SHE HAD, ANYONE WHO DISAGREES IS A HATER" when she was a subtly developed character throughout the rest of the series.

I like how much I kept in that. I did keep your valid point in the first sentence of the 2nd...paragraph because that is still completely true regardless.

Seriously people look up the Extra Credits episode on it if you want an intelligent counterargument instead of the people who complain about the story while apparently missing why it doesn't work.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Odnetnin

rayword45 wrote:

Not that weird, Revelations was nominated for a best story award. For obvious reasons Video Game stories are like movies. No matter how bad almost everyone finds them you'll find at least one fan (yes, even Uwe Boll).

Yeah, I tend to enjoy terrible, terrible stories if they're endearingly so (see: Green Lantern, FlashForward).

Six word TV reviews

moomoo

I can't believe I'm saying this but...

Metroid: Other M is just a video game. It shouldn't be something that fills one with blind fury. It is fine to be dissapointed by things. Look at the new Star Wars trilogy, the ending of Mass Effect 3, etc. But to take your dissapointment to the level of never letting it go is another thing.

If I handed a person unfamilar with the Metroid series a copy of Other M and a copy of Ninjabread Man, I can garauntee that every single person would say Other M is the better game.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

Mr-Mario

The worst game of all time is probably gonna have to be Jurassic Park... sorry!

But the 2 best games of all time for me is either Super Mario Bros. (hands down) or Legend of Zelda( i know bad graphics) but its on awesum story line.
You think we would get tired of two Italian plumbers chasing after some girl who doesn't know the difference between a candy man and a kidnapper. (think about it)

Edited on by Mr-Mario

Mr-Mario{proud sponser of Converse Club} loves being friends with people
MY 3ds FC: 2079-6202-1862

My Mario Kart Wii FC: 0990-6884-6740

Chrono_Cross

rayword45 wrote:

And those who provide that opinion typically don't whine nearly as much as the fanboys.

Also, that's what they'd probably sound like in real life. Watch some videos on how "Metroid Other M sucks balls and ruined the series" and you at least have to understand why someone would see the complaints as obnoxious and menial.

This has nothing to do with whiny fanboys. Obviously you get the idea that the general opinion is what it is, regardless of them being a fanboy or not.

No, I really wouldn't. I don't know why someone would post a video of that because Other M didn't ruin anything other than expectations. I think you're too young to understand tolerance, though.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

CanisWolfred

DarkKnight wrote:

rayword45 wrote:

Yeah, I tend to enjoy terrible, terrible stories if they're endearingly so (see: Green Lantern, FlashForward).

I didn't even notice Green Lanturn had a terrible story. It wouldn't surprise me, but I didn't notice.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Odnetnin

moomoo wrote:

I can't believe I'm saying this but...

Metroid: Other M is just a video game. It shouldn't be something that fills one with blind fury. It is fine to be dissapointed by things. Look at the new Star Wars trilogy, the ending of Mass Effect 3, etc. But to take your dissapointment to the level of never letting it go is another thing.

If I handed a person unfamilar with the Metroid series a copy of Other M and a copy of Ninjabread Man, I can garauntee that every single person would say Other M is the better game.

I think it is objectively better made than Ninjabread Man. That doesn't necessarily mean it couldn't still be one of (Gioku's) worst games of all time, if it so deeply disappointed so many people. I don't think it did, however, which is why I don't think it qualifies.

Six word TV reviews

TysonOfTime

DarkKnight wrote:

You want to hear something weird? I liked Other M's story. In fact, in conjunction with its atmosphere, the story saved what I found to be an otherwise dreadfully boring game. From what I can remember it was super cheesy and awkward, but so lavishly produced and so obviously a labor of love that I found it overall to be quite endearing. It even hit the right cheesy sci-Fi horror notes when it needed to. There's no redeeming Samus's pathetic internal monologues and idiotic thumbs-down flashbacks, though.

high-fives
I just wish they had gone a different route than the whole 'Samus depression' thing. I think the monologues and flashbacks could have worked if it was trying to invoke more empathy for a different emotion, like say, a semi-psychotic rage out of frustration. Like instead of breaking down all the time like when Ridley appeared, she could have just freaked out, going partially of the deep end, with spoiler Anthony's "death" snapping her out of it.
I dunno. Occasionally I like to imagine ways that that scene could have happened.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Mr-Mario

Total BS Ninjabread Man would crap all over Other M. Other M stinks and thats final

Edited on by Mr-Mario

Chrono_Cross

Mr-Mario wrote:

Total BS Ninjabread Man would pis all over Other M. Other M stinks and thats final

This is the guy you can't take seriously and must, therefore, tolerate. Ignore.

Also, am I the only one who found the side characters uninteresting and unnecessary? Like Anthony, he had no backstory explained and when he died, I felt no sympathy. The others, moreso.

Edited on by Chrono_Cross

Just for you.

rayword45

Chrono_Cross wrote:

This has nothing to do with whiny fanboys. Obviously you get the idea that the general opinion is what it is, regardless of them being a fanboy or not.

No, I really wouldn't. I don't why someone would post a video of that because Other M didn't ruin anything other than expectations. I think you're too young to understand tolerance, though.

The general consensus seems to be that it's a decent game with a bad story.

And barring ageism please tell me what you mean by tolerance. You mean respecting opinions? I can, it's just that these are incredibly menial complaints. It's almost as extreme as say, the people who complained about Sonic 4 before it came out because of his eye color, or those who complained about Sonic Colors for the name.

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Chrono_Cross

Mediocre game with a terrible story. Every topic and message board I've read about Other M since its release over two years ago has been that conclusion.

Ignore them. Tolerance. It's easy.

Just for you.

moomoo

Just for the record, the fan reception for Other M seems to be postive. I looked at some impressions from fans on the internet. Here's what I found.

http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/is-metroid-other-m-a-bad-ga... Almost all positive. Pretty much everyone said it was a good game, even though it was a weak Metroid title. The only comment that was completely negative was on Samus' character model.
A user review average of 7.0 out of 10 on metacritic.
User reviews on Gamefaqs with more articulate and well thought-out responces are mixed, but generally positive.

How exactly has the fan reception for this game been undeniably negative? Because I don't see it. Please direct me to some of those boards, @ChronoCross

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

PanicPuppet

rayword45 wrote:

It's just that these are incredibly menial complaints. It's almost as extreme as say, the people who complained about Sonic 4 before it came out because of his eye color, or those who complained about Sonic Colors for the name.

Hardly, and please don't compare Metroid fans to Sonic ones. The Sonic fanbase has always been messed up and will never universally like the next game. Other M did MUCH more than something like ruin the color of Samus's eyes.

(But the title is terrible.)

Edited on by PanicPuppet

PanicPuppet

rayword45

Quick google search, and these are the 4 most common results (mostly the last one)

-It's a good game, just not a good Metroid game (usually something about being too linear). Oh, and the story sucks.
-I thought the game was really bland and the control were clunky. Oh, and the story sucks.
-I really liked the game, I thought it was flawed but it was really enjoyable. Oh, and the story sucks.
-HOLY F*** WHAT HAVE YOU DONE TO SAMU- Gameplay? What is gameplay?

This is a signature.
Link goes here now.
Screw you.

Mr-Mario

That is total nonsense to hate the game because of the name One reason SuperMeatBoy didnt have as many hits as it should have would it launched on Xbox

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.