Forums

Topic: The Wheel of Fate is Turning! [Fighting Game Central]

Posts 121 to 140 of 189

CanisWolfred

Oh hey, I was just thinking yesterday that Street Fighter V hasn't had any new content announcements in a while, and then Capcom shows off a new character- IS THAt KULA (KOF)?!

No seriously, I get that their options might've been limited as far as Ice-themed abilities might've been concerned, but that was at least 80% of Kula's moveset...as a sidenote, I'm still really glad KOFXIV got a graphical upgrade...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

Time for EVO yall! DOA 6 is looking pringles. And im not a DOA fan.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

CanisWolfred

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Time for EVO yall! DOA 6 is looking pringles. And im not a DOA fan.

I liked DOA 5 a lot...not feeling DOA 6, though. Am I the only one who thinks that crippling the flow of a fight with slo-mo impact shots and forced cut scenes are kind of the worst trend in modern fighting games? Either way, I liked DOA for how it flows, the combos, counters, etc., and every video I've seen just looks too stop/start, IMO. I mean, I think Tekken already did what they were trying to do better just with visual and sound effects...

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Anti-Matter

Um....
Can i talk about :
1. ARMS ?
Untitled
2. Animal Boxing NDS ?
Untitled
Because only those 2 fighting games that i really like to talk about.

Edited on by Anti-Matter

Anti-Matter

CanisWolfred

BlazBlue: Cross Tag teases 5th Franchise!

Oh boy! I wonder what it could be? Maybe Guilty Gear, or Arcana Heart? It's a pink diamond, so maybe it's from another Media franchise like Pretty Cure or Sailor Moon? Or maybe even a new franchise that Arc Sys has been waiting to reveal??? I'm so excited to find out!

http://shoryuken.com/2018/05/16/datamining-of-blazblue-cross-...

Oh....it's just Senran Kagura...I guess I forgot that Arc Sys was scraping the bottom of the barrel with this crossover game...

EDIT:

Meanwhile, in more exciting news: Terry Bogard is coming to Fighting EX Layer

This is a game I've been looking for an excuse to get into, since I actually kind of liked the Street Fighter Ex games, and this looks like a pretty successor to it. Seriously, my only issue with the EX games were the graphics...and I think some floaty jumping, but that was just a thing with 90's 3D fighting games, including Rival Schools and Tekken. Either way, it looks like a better game, and certainly a more respectful cameo than his SNK Heroines appearance. I'll take that olive branch, SNK...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
I do like Street Fighter but that's too common to discuss here.
I hope someone has interest about some underdogs games, then we can discuss about.

Anti-Matter

Ryu_Niiyama

So I have no idea what SNK is going to announce in two days but I really hope it is a new samsho or garou or neogeo coliseum (still 2d of course...Sen still gives me nightmares). I know they just dropped Heroines, but since I'm passing on that game I need something that isn't the old school gems.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

CanisWolfred

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

So I have no idea what SNK is going to announce in two days but I really hope it is a new samsho or garou or neogeo coliseum (still 2d of course...Sen still gives me nightmares). I know they just dropped Heroines, but since I'm passing on that game I need something that isn't the old school gems.

Wait, when did they say they were gonna announce something?

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

@CanisWolfred I am on my phone but if you check the website (I went to the USA page) they have a countdown teasing “a new dawn”.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

CanisWolfred

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

@CanisWolfred I am on my phone but if you check the website (I went to the USA page) they have a countdown teasing “a new dawn”.

Oh. I mean, they're not saying anything about it being a new fighting game per se. I'm curious as to what it'll be, though.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

@CanisWolfred true but I can hope. Plus saving the date and the ambitious but vague tagline make me think that with their current activity in making modern fighting games with decent enough success (kof 14) then I can hope they may revive/continue something else. Either way the 10th will be here soon enough.

Edit: haha new samsho! Thank you snk! Now I am going to go play a lottery ticket...lol

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

Well it is an unreal engine game. So I am sure it will technically be able to run. I really just hope they aren’t using the heroines game to see if there is a FGC audience on switch. Cuz I refuse to buy that. I do suspect that if we get samsho it won't be on release date but I can hope.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

CanisWolfred

@Ryu_Niiyama That was indeed a good guess, though I suppose Samurai Shodown was a good next step...though...I have to say, I'm not sure I want this even if its good. I forgot that SamSho was essentially SNK's Mortal Kombat, and I've long since taken a stance against killing in fighting games. When your game is nothing but violence, there's only so far I'm willing to go when you're asking me to stab one of my favorite characters with a katana over and over again...

And before you ask: Only scrubs use Instant Kills in Guilty Gear, so it's still perfect so long as you aren't a chump and git gud. u_u

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Ryu_Niiyama

@CanisWolfred Hey we all have out stances we take on video games (pun intended). No comments from me. Personally since I grew up on samsho and sen was so terrible I was leaning on samsho being the pick (the other guesses were disappointment fodder so I would not be hurt if a mobile or pachinko game got announced). At least the gore in samsho tended to be a final hit/special sort of thing. I do tend to forget about the gore though it never registers with me while MK I don’t play because I’m hyper aware (and mk is slow...which is why I don’t like injustice either... although I need marvel to go back to the drawing board on a fight game. I wish Capcom would get funding to make an all marvel game in SF V fashion) or the gore. VF and SF are still my bread and butter.

I gotta say I am hoping this isn’t trapped on ps4 like sfv is. I’m certainly grateful for the fighters that the switch is getting but I do hope we get a modern mainstream one soon. SF IV would work for me. (Or a new...I can dream)

Speaking of GG they need to hurry up with accent core. The game has already been ported to death. This is one of the few times where im like “hurry it up!”

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ryu_Niiyama

Blazblue Central Fiction demo is live on Jpn eshop

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

GrailUK

What the heck happened to Guilty Gear!?! I'm sure I read that had a 2018 release date.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

GrailUK

@Ryu_Niiyama Oh lol. I guess someone was reading the NLife forums haha Good to hear an update.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ryu_Niiyama

@GrailUK fighting game forum is the only one I track since it is my favorite genre lol.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

CanisWolfred

Just FYI, anyone who purchases the new Samurai Shodown game before July 1st will get the season pass free of charge. I also found out by reading an interview that it'll have options turn off the blood & whatnot, so I'll actually be getting it.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic