Forums

Topic: The Wheel of Fate is Turning! [Fighting Game Central]

Posts 101 to 120 of 188

CanisWolfred

J-Stars b-ouch! Seriously, this game is fun even though I have no idea what I am doing and have a grand total of 6 characters to choose from at the moment. At least Gintoki is one of them. He is the best thing.

Also, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND has been out a grand total of 2 weeks, and a new arcade version has just been announced: BlazBlue: Central Friction They're saying it'll be the game that finally concludes the story arc they've been working on since 2008.

I'm still grabbing CP Extend, though, since I'll probably have to wait two years for the Extended version of Central Friction to release over here, anyways. (Assuming there's no "BlazBlue FINAL" afterwards...)

Oh, and there's a fighting game sale going on over at PSN right now: http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015/07/14/knockout-sale-deals...
Just though I'd share.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Retro_on_theGo

CanisWolfred wrote:

Also, BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma EXTEND has been out a grand total of 2 weeks, and a new arcade version has just been announced: BlazBlue: Central Friction They're saying it'll be the game that finally concludes the story arc they've been working on since 2008.

Man, the developers need to cool it with BlazBlue and Guilty Gear lately. They're getting too comfy with expecting their fans to always upgrade. They literally just released BlazBlue: Historical Friction last night and there's already a direct sequel announced? Fastest announcement I've seen!

KO-Cub

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

Man, the developers need to cool it with BlazBlue and Guilty Gear lately. They're getting too comfy with expecting their fans to always upgrade. They literally just released BlazBlue: Historical Friction last night and there's already a direct sequel announced? Fastest announcement I've seen!

Because one game per Evo.

Wavedashes behind you Got some of dat Maylay?
FE Heroes: 0964602082

3DS Friend Code: 5343-9126-6120 | Nintendo Network ID: KOCub

Ryu_Niiyama

Aww nuts, I was going to go buy CP EXTEND since today is payday...

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Tasuki

Anyone play a fighting game called Battle Fantasia?

I recently picked it up for $2.99 (on sale) on the Xbox Marketplace for the 360 and I have to say I am enjoying it. It's not as deep as most fighting games each character has only like 6 movies including combos and super attacks, and the is only four attacks plus a counter type move, and the roster is smaller compared to games like Street Fighter IV or Tekken Tag. It's kinda nice that way though cause it doesn't mean you have to memorize alot of movies with alot of characters.

The graphics are a nice anime style with a fantasy element too it cause of the setting. There is some quirks to the game that doesn't effect game play like below your life meter is your life displayed as numbers like hit points in an RPG and when you do damage numbers are displayed.

If you have a 360 I suggest picking it up. I believe it's also available on the PS3.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

RR529

@Tasuki, never played it (Battle Fantasia), but in Arc Style: Solitaire on the 3DS eShop, one of the unlockable card decks features characters from the game as the face cards (In addition to the Battle Fantasia deck, there is a Blazblue & a Family series deck as well. The Family series, being that budget line of arcade sports titles on the 3DS eShop).

I believe all these games are developed by Arc System Works.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

Anyone play a fighting game called Battle Fantasia?

I think I rented it? Or at least tried it on a demo disc on the 360. I don't recall liking it, and the reviews on the PC version have been mixed at best, IIRC.

So it's been over a year now, and I've gotten a lot of fighting games on the PS4:

Street Fighter V
Guilty Gear Xrd Revelator
Nitroplus Blasterz: Dengeki Climax
Ultra Street Fighter IV

SF5 got an update recently-ish that I'm looking forward to trying out, since it finally adds some singleplayer content (including Versus CPU!). The game still fails to live up to Ultra Street Fighter 4 so far, but at least the new mechanics have been enjoyable. Guilty Gear is still the best thing, of course. I haven't tried Nitroplus Blasterz yet, I only recently got it during a sale.

I also finally decided to try the demo for King of Fighters XIV, and it's still pretty fun to play, at least. I really underestimated how rough the graphics look, though. Honestly, the PS2 comparisons were genuinely warranted, because the last time I saw a game with so many jagged lines all over the place was in 2006. I guess their focus was making the animations fluid while staying at a consistant frame rate, but I still hope they can make it look a little better in KoF XV, because it's very noticable in any still or close-up shot (of which, there are many, especially during Climax super moves).

Note to Self: I still need to try the Pokken Tournament Demo

Looking ahead, BB: Central Friction is still on its way, so I might pick up CP Extend towards the end of the year. Yeah, they say CF is the last one, but we all know how that song & dance goes...

And then there's Tekken 7 coming next year. Now that looks amazing! Though, it reminds me that I still haven't finished the story mode for Dead or Alive 5: Last Round. I mean, the story is still stupid, but the way it's structured, it's a great excuse to try every character. I kinda wish more story modes were built like that.

...of course, I still have 15 different PS3 fighting games I wanna go back and play. 17 if you include PS2 Classics. Decisions, decisions...

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

-SD-

I like Battle Fantasia, haven't played it in a while but it's a good game with nice art.

BlazBlue: Central Fiction is out today in Japan, my Famitsu DX pack should be here next week

Pokkén Tournament is fun but I haven't put much time in with it. My son likes it though and he's getting pretty good at it.

SNK - The Future is Now

Eel

It seems we have spotted a zombie thread.

However, it seems open enough as a thread to tolerate it's revival. We'll let fate decide if it dies off again or if it thrives.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

Ugh I still gotta pick up Xrd. I'm getting Central Fiction but likely when it is on sale. I want to see if they will make a PC version. Plus with BB if you blink they make a new one. I'm a little limited right now because most of my systems are in storage, so I'm getting some pokken, Tatsunoko and SF V in. Miss VF so much. Found some fellow VF players at work....and then a coworker broke the office Ps3. Sigh.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Tasuki

My wallet is a bit upset at me. I just picked up Garou: Mark of the Wolves on PS4. I played this a few times in the arcade years ago. Sadly though I never got it for the home console till now.

My Backlog

Ryu_Niiyama

@Tasuki I have Battle Fantasia (thanks to my habit of buying every fighting game I can get my hands on) and I have enjoyed it enough to pull it out when I'm bored with my staples. I don't know anyone near me that plays it though.

Also, IT'S MARVEL BABY! Been geeking out all night with my fighting game buddy at my night job over the MvC footage.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

FriedSquid

Ryu_Niiyama wrote:

Also, IT'S MARVEL BABY! Been geeking out all night with my fighting game buddy at my night job over the MvC footage.

Me too, I have been immensely excited for it and I'm so glad they added X! Though it's strange he doesn't seem to talk, even recently in Project X Zone he talked. It would be cool to see Venom, Gambit, and maybe Capt. Commando return. A new Darkstalkers character would also be nice.

Sav'aaq!
A Miiverse admin's first day on the job.
"Samus is under fire! She's sent an emergency directive! Join the fight!"
My Squidloggery

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6168-7289 | Nintendo Network ID: captainsquid

CanisWolfred

Tasuki wrote:

My wallet is a bit upset at me. I just picked up Garou: Mark of the Wolves on PS4. I played this a few times in the arcade years ago. Sadly though I never got it for the home console till now.

Ugh, don't remind me. It's one of my all-time favorites, so I really want to pick it up, but it'll have to wait, the holidays are killing my wallet as it is...

On another note: I saw an Amazon Deal the other day where I'd get $9 off my pre-order for Tekken 7, so I got that squared away. For anyone else who's on the fence about King of Fighters XIV due to its graphics, they're updating that in January: http://gematsu.com/2016/12/king-fighters-xiv-version-1-10-upd...

...So I'll be picking that game up in January, apparently.

Edited on by CanisWolfred

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Tasuki

I finally got a chance to play Killer Instinct on the Xbox One at a friend's house last night and I will say I am impressed with it. I was at first worried that it would be just a quick cash in but it was done really good, a solid entry in the series.

If only Microsoft didn't botch their E3 presentation years ago I would have experienced this game sooner. Will make sure I pick it up for the Scorpio.

My Backlog

Ryu_Niiyama

@FriedSquid As long as morrigan gets a new sprite I'm happy. (Sorry I couldn't resist, Capcom joke). I'm liking that MvC:I is feeling like older MvC (or TvC really) as I enjoyed the earlier Marvel and MvC games the best. I just need sega to get off their butt and give me VF 6. (Yes I'm going to complain about this forever). Anyway. Just picked up GG: R for 20 from amazon. But I can't play it until I move. Sigh.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic