Forums

Topic: Tales of Madness: History Thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 1,228

Kyloctopus

@Link You know what would put your game into mass popularity? Make a meme, they always get games far (I am Error, Im in ur base, killin ur d00dss, Arrow to the knee) it will work, trust me.
And will you ever try to get your QotD throne back? I know Ty is tryin, but he doesn't pick questions like you.

Edited on by Kyloctopus

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

Usagi-san

Out of curiosity, is there a working game engine for this yet?

Edited on by Usagi-san

"I never swear, my lord, I say yes or no; and, as I am a gentleman, I keep my word." - D'artagnan in Twenty Years After

TeeJay

What exactly is Sony Love/pikky's affairs? Because pikky can't be having any affairs without me! >:[

If you add me, I need to at least know you or I won't add you back.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5283-4033-0929 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-1923-3519 | Nintendo Network ID: TeeJay92

CommanderAudio

Wait! If there's definitely more than three party members, can I still be in it? I really want to be in this game. I'm not begging, but......still......
If not, can I be one of those villagers that just says the same thing over and over again whenever you talk to them?
'There's a boss down at the castle. You need to defeat it by using Gigaslash over and over again and using defend for the rest of your party m- DANG!!!!! CURSE YOU GAMEFAQS!!!!!!!!!!!'

Fire is more fun with friends, kids!
Formerly known as PikminMonster
Choose Your Own Adventure!
3DS FC:4554-0106-9407
Let me know if you add me, but PLEASE DON'T send me spam in ...

LordJumpMad

Please people, we're not making a 70 Billion dollar game here, think simple
Like 4-bit simple.

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

CorporalPegasus

So what program are you using to make it?
Its an RPG, so i suggest using RPG Maker, making an RPG with GameMaker is very difficult.

IGOR!

CommanderAudio

Silver_Dynamo wrote:

@LordJumpMad: Get serious, no game would ever cost 70 billion dollars and it's practically impossible to make a game in 4-Bit,

All this could be done in the form of a 16/32 bit top-down turn based RPG and I'm sure us all helping Purple Link would make all the difference.
Unfortunately the only way I can see this game ever getting finished is if Blackdragon and the other NLife staff actually endorse it and we get a dedicated team together. This has promise, but that's not enough, we need skills and effort if we want to get anywhere.

One more word of advice to any wanting to work on this game, go replay some super nintendo or DS rpgs and take note of certain details that catch your eye.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I sadly can't help because I have little tech expierence and I can't think of a good script and/or storyline, but WE NEED A TEAM. 1 man alone can't do something like this. Cave Story was made by one person and that took a good while to be made. So I ask the important question, more important than "Can I be a NPC pwetty pwetty pwealse?" Can anybody help in the techinical development of this game

LordJumpMad

@Silver_Dynamo

Let me break it down for you, so your simple brain can understand, and to keep you from sounding like more of an n00b.

@LordJumpMad: Get serious, no game would ever cost 70 billion dollars and it's practically impossible to make a game in 4-Bit.

Today games do cost that much, even more then most blockbluster movies. Games are not made from sugar and rainbows, and we're working with what we got.

All this could be done in the form of a 16/32 bit top-down turn based RPG and I'm sure us all helping Purple Link would make all the difference.
Unfortunately the only way I can see this game ever getting finished is if Blackdragon and the other NLife staff actually endorse it and we get a dedicated team together. This has promise, but that's not enough, we need skills and effort if we want to get anywhere.

Yes, games can be done in 16-32 bit, but is it easy? No. We're not working on a deep coding program, and we do not have a team of artist to make us 100 sprites.
And this game isn't supported by the NL staff, its something that L977 and me been working on.
And you guys aren't really helping, just giving us more work, and telling us what to do, unless you have something already done, or we can really use, then your not really helping at not.
But, we do like hearing from you, just don't go asking for some crazy, keep it simple. If your lucky, your idea might end up in the final product.
We want this game done, but we only have the summer to finish it, so feel free give us something that we can use, and that way, you bring us closer to finishing.
If you have any music that you made, or something simple that can be added, then all is welcome.

One more word of advice to any wanting to work on this game, go replay some super nintendo or DS rpgs and take note of certain details that catch your eye

Untitled|
Oh yes, gives advice, since your the boss, and we do not know how to make an RPG, since we don't know what the "Fuzzy Pickles" we been doing.
Before you say something again, look at the title of who game this is.
I'm LordJumpMad, no one tells me what to do, and if I made you mad, then take a good look at my name again.
Now have a nice day.
Untitled

Edited on by LordJumpMad

For you, the day LordJumpMad graced your threads, was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday.
[url=http://www.backloggery.com/jumpmad]Unive...

3DS Friend Code: 4167-4592-9402 | Twitter:

CommanderAudio

Silver_Dynamo wrote:

PikminMonster wrote:

Silver_Dynamo wrote:

@LordJumpMad: Get serious, no game would ever cost 70 billion dollars and it's practically impossible to make a game in 4-Bit,

One more word of advice to any wanting to work on this game, go replay some super nintendo or DS rpgs and take note of certain details that catch your eye.

Couldn't have put it better myself. I sadly can't help because I have little tech expierence and I can't think of a good script and/or storyline, but WE NEED A TEAM. 1 man alone can't do something like this. Cave Story was made by one person and that took a good while to be made. So I ask the important question, more important than "Can I be a NPC pwetty pwetty pwealse?" Can anybody help in the techinical development of this game

Well I've already said I will help if I can, but real world things will always come first. Until Purple Link announces important details like the game's engine, script and dev team we'll be stuck to contributing ideas and concept art. Speaking of which, do you have any artistic skills like drawing or composing?

Well I do know how to play piano, but I don't know how to record and I'm useless at composing, so no can do. Sorry

bobhobob

I might be able to help, depends on the game engine you're using.
I can play some piano, and a little bit of drums, and the kazoo. But the mic I use to record is busted, and I don't have enough money for a new one.
Sorry I'm not much of a help, but if you haven't chosen a game engine yet, I will give you people this link again.
http://www.engine001.com/downloads.htm
You just click download when you get there, unless you actually wanna subscribe.
I've been using the engine for a month now, making a simple RPG. It's REALLY easy to use, no coding. And the tutorial is pretty handy. You can even make the graphics retro or MS Paint.
Once again though, my trying to help will be ignored. Sigh.

bobhobob

Nintendo Network ID: bobhobob

the_shpydar

LordJumpMad wrote:

I'm LordJumpMad, no one tells me what to do, and if I made you mad, then take a good look at my name again.
Now have a nice day.
Untitled

Jumpman FTW.

The Shpydarloggery
She-Ra is awesome. If you believe otherwise, you are clearly wrong.
Urban Champion is GLORIOUS.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5973-1398-6394 | 3DS Friend Code: 2578-3211-9319 | My Nintendo: theShpydar | Nintendo Network ID: theShpydar

Kyloctopus

the_shpydar wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

Now have a nice day.
Untitled

Jumpman FTW.

"Jumpman" is a psychopath, not to mention, you are going to have to fight him.

Kyloctopus

3DS Friend Code: 4897-5952-1236 | Nintendo Network ID: Kyloctopus | Twitter:

CommanderAudio

Do we need the support of the NL staff? Would it help? Cause if so, we should stop waiting for some staff member to read this forum and contact them.

Link977

PikminMonster wrote:

Do we need the support of the NL staff? Would it help? Cause if so, we should stop waiting for some staff member to read this forum and contact them.

If you read the beautiful speech by JumpMad, he said

LordJumpMad wrote:

And this game isn't supported by the NL staff, its something that L977 and me been working on.

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

Reala

The Tale of Madness production is not affiliated with nintendolife or its staff, all characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Reala

theblackdragon

Reala wrote:

The Tale of Madness production is not affiliated with nintendolife or its staff, all characters appearing in this work are fictitious. Any resemblance to real persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

that works :3

BEST THREAD EVER
future of NL >:3
[16:43] James: I should learn these site rules more clearly
[16:44] LztheBlehBird: James doesn't know the rules? For shame!!!

3DS Friend Code: 3136-6802-7042 | Nintendo Network ID: gentlemen_cat | Twitter:

retired_account

LordJumpMad wrote:

@Silver_Dynamo

Let me break it down for you, so your simple brain can understand, and to keep you from sounding like more of an n00b.

@LordJumpMad: Get serious, no game would ever cost 70 billion dollars and it's practically impossible to make a game in 4-Bit.

Today games do cost that much, even more then most blockbluster movies. Games are not made from sugar and rainbows, and we're working with what we got.

Yes, games can be done in 16-32 bit, but is it easy? No. We're not working on a deep coding program, and we do not have a team of artist to make us 100 sprites.
And you guys aren't really helping, just giving us more work, and telling us what to do, unless you have something already done, or we can really use, then your not really helping at not.
But, we do like hearing from you, just don't go asking for some crazy, keep it simple. If your lucky, your idea might end up in the final product.
We want this game done, but we only have the summer to finish it, so feel free give us something that we can use, and that way, you bring us closer to finishing.
If you have any music that you made, or something simple that can be added, then all is welcome.

One more word of advice to any wanting to work on this game, go replay some super nintendo or DS rpgs and take note of certain details that catch your eye

Untitled|
Oh yes, gives advice, since your the boss, and we do not know how to make an RPG, since we don't know what the "Fuzzy Pickles" we been doing.
Now have a nice day.
Untitled

Post of the year.

retired_account

Link977

pixelman wrote:

LordJumpMad wrote:

@Silver_Dynamo

Untitled|
Now have a nice day.
Untitled

Post of the year.

I cried reading this post, beautiful.

Formerly PurpleLink, RedLink & OrdonianLink
Getting a Gold Mushroom on Rainbow Road is just asking to lose!
Backloggery
Question of the Day

3DS Friend Code: 5412-9901-0836 | Nintendo Network ID: Link977

FOREST_RANGER

Just a quick question. Are you guys designing this game with contents (i.e. story, characters, etc.) in mind or will you carefully craft an interesting gameplay AND make an interesting story?

Formely known as bobbiKat

Nintendo Network ID: F0R35T_R8NG3R

Nintenbro

Wow! What the hell did I walk into by actually reading this thread?

Nintendo Bro
3DS FC: 3222-6658-7489

Currently waiting for Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon & Castlevania: Lords of Shadow - Mirror of Fate

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.