Forums

Topic: The Sonic Discussion Thread

Posts 341 to 360 of 362

Happy_Mask

Untitled
Psycho killer robot was the best thing to happen to sonic.

Edited on by Happy_Mask

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

Final-Starman
Sonic After The Sequel is lookin' nice!

"Come and get me loser! Spankety Spankety Spankety!" -Pokey
"Yesno It is isn't." -Moonsidian
"Shoot! I missed!" - Loid/Lloyd
Fobbies are... Borange!
TONDA GOSSA!
Nintendo Network ID: The-Ness
ROOOOLIIING STAAAAAART!
↑ & ↓ & ↻
Recent...

jamiljamtheman

I am unbelievably excited to get Sonic Lost World on my 3DS. It just looks SO GOOD.
BTW, should I bother with Generations on 3DS if I find it cheap? Or save my money for Lost World?

jamiljamtheman

Captain_Toad

jamiljamtheman wrote:

I am unbelievably excited to get Sonic Lost World on my 3DS. It just looks SO GOOD.
BTW, should I bother with Generations on 3DS if I find it cheap? Or save my money for Lost World?

I'd probably save up for S.L.W. Generations story mode is short and unless you like playing as both 2D sonics and like to unlock stuff after story mode or can find one for under $15 then skip.

Was Mariobro4. No, I'm not taking off my backpack...it's important.

Switch Friend Code: SW-1530-1570-5053 | 3DS Friend Code: 3566-2311-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: Mariobro4

Pichuka97

What Knuclehead said. It's fun but only if you like playing online a lot.

Favorite Games: Sonic CD, Sonic 3 and Knuckles, Kirby Nightmare in Dreamland, and Call of Duty: Black Ops, Scott Pilgrim vs. The World: The Game, and Mega Man 5.
My Backlog
Sonic is AMAZING!! Nintendo is AMAZING!! I AM AMAZING!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3887-5606-5777 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7746-7284 | Nintendo Network ID: Pichuka97

GuardianKing

@Knuckles I figured that part out. I'm gonna start with the "Journey to the East" story arc book. From what I can gather, the story arcs are pretty easy to understand with just the right amount of references to past events to please those who like continuity, without confusing newcomers.

I'm currently also looking for Sonic Universe #1, but the Graham Cracker Comic story near me say they always sell out of Sonic really fast, so they don't have issue #1 anymore.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Fikachu

Knuckles wrote:

Sonic X-Treme anyone?

Although that game got cancelled, the upcoming Sonic Lost World is supposed to play like it

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

Knuckles

@Fikachu I know, thats why I posted Sonic X-Treme.
Though that game was cancelled because the developers used Yuji Naka's NiGHTS into Dreams engine to make the game, without his permission. Naka found out, pulled ze plug, and now has a spiritual successor.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

GuardianKing

@Knuckles Well, I just bought it, and my quickie review is:

It's awesome.

The writing is clever, the references to past issues are distant enough to not throw the entire story off, the characters act just as I thought they would, the story is engaging, etc.

Overall, this is clearly not "DBZ with Sonic characters", something I've actually heard online. Sonic Universe stands well on its own. I guess they called it that because of how over-the-top and deviant from the games these comics get.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Knuckles

You mentioned Sonic Universe 1, The Shadow Saga earlier right?
My favorite line from that is...

Shadow: Deny me all you want, but even a god must bow to the Ulitmate Life Form.
(Chaos Emerald in hand, enemy starts to attack)
CHAOS CONTROL!

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

GuardianKing

I'm probably gonna get a lot of flack for this, but...

I had some genuine fun with Shadow the Hedgehog. The game came through the mail today, and I booted it up inking this would be the worst thing ever,and I came out pretty satisfied.

My only real gripes are the camera (a reoccurring flaw in Sonic games. I blame the characters' speeds) and the unnecessary pitfalls. The controls are a little buttery, but they're not any different from how Shadow is usually portrayed (with the exception of SA2, but he controls just like Sonic in that game, throwing variety out the window). Sure, they're a little buttery at times, but I got used to them. Now, I can recognize the difference between bad and tight controls, but the controls here aren't any different from what I imagined. Of course, there are some really BS moments and glitches, as to be expected by all pre-Unleashed Sonic games.

The "choose-your-own-adventure" gimmick works, and it isn't the most developed thing in the world, nor does it have to be. It's just: "do this or do that", and I like it. It does change the course of things in the long run, but in the short term, it's clear and to the point.

The guns in this game are the kind of thing in game design where the moment you suck it up, you realize they aren't too bad and can be quite helpful/fun (I love blowing everything up with them).

Overall, this is in no way a perfect game, but I had fun, and that's what matters. It's definitely something I'd recommend picking up cheap to try and test it out yourself.

Score (?): 7/10

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

Fikachu

Untitled

[url=http://www.mybannermaker.com][/url]

shingi_70

Ken Pender's won his lawsuit against archie over the rights to the character's he made for the Sonic The hedgehog comic back in the nineties. Its mostly stuff related to Knuckles and his people. Current Writer Ian Flynn were using them for a storyline but it was cut short and ended abruptly due to the lawsuit.

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/07/01/developing-archiependers-c...

After months of litigation, it appears that the legal feud between Ken Penders and Archie Comics has come to a close. A recent post on Penders’ website, appropriately titled “It’s Over,” laid out a brief summary of where things stand and what he plans to do next. The post, in part, reads as follows:

I’m now moving forward with THE LARA-SU CHRONICLES and will have more to say sometime next week.At this time, I’m going to enjoy this week with family and friends.

While details are still currently scarce, it appears that the Lara-Su Chronicles, a popular topic of discussion for Penders and something of a passion project for him, will continue as planned. As you may know, the Archie v. Penders trial has been a long and arduous one, one that took on difficult legal topics like copyright law and the ownership of creative work.

Its a good thing for creator rights but a bad thing for the fans.

In better news next Month Starts two new stories/staqus quo's/Jumping on points for the sonic comic series following this motnhs ending to the megaman crossover event.

Untitled

SONIC THE HEDGEHOG #252
SONIC IS BACK and facing the HUGE consequences of the mega-hit Sonic/Mega Man crossover story arc in "At All Costs" Part Two! As the crossover crashed to a close, Sonic and Tails have returned to a world which is reeling from the cataclysmic effects of the Eggman/Wily genesis wave! The damage was severe, the threats have changed, and the mysteries are piling up! What has happened to Naugus in this new landscape? What is the final fate of Sally Acorn? Sonic and Tails are ready to tackle all the drama ahead of them—but first they must survive the wrath of the terrifying Tails Doll! Featuring new cover art from Sonic artist superstar Ben Bates and a special "SEGA" Variant!
SCRIPT: Ian Flynn
ART: Evan Stanley, Terry Austin, John Workman, and Matt Herms
Cover by Ben Bates
Variant Cover artwork provided by SEGA
Shipping Date: 8/21
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 9/4
32-page, full color

Untitled

SONIC UNIVERSE #55
AAAAARRRR you ready?? "Pirate Plunder Panic” Part One: It’s mystery and mayhem on the high seas as Amy and Cream join first mates Blaze and Marine in their search for the final Sol Emerald! As ships clash on the stormy waters, familiar faces start to appear amongst the opposition and Blaze is targeted as enemy number 1! Who is the new, sinister force leading the robot pirates, and what is his past with Blaze? And what does a certain dynamite duck have to do with it all? Straight out of the smash-hit Sonic/Mega Man crossover event, you're going to TREASURE this all-new storyline written and penciled by Sonic art guru TRACY YA'RRRRR-DLEY!
SCRIPT: Tracy Yardley!
ART: Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli, and Thomas Mason
Cover by Tracy Yardley!, Jim Amash, Jack Morelli, and Steve Downer
Variant Cover artwork provided by SEGA and Vincent Lovallo
Shipping Date: 8/7
On Sale at Comic Specialty Shops: 8/21
32-page, full color comic
$2.99 US.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

shingi_70

Sonic colors actually looks much better than 3D world.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

SheldonRandoms

CrimsonFire13 wrote:

The ost for Sonic Colors is ...perfect

The ost for Sonic Colors was GOOD, GREAT, AWESOME, OUTSTANDING, AMAZING!!!!!

Sonic Lost World is gonna be GOOD, GREAT, AWESOME, OUTSTANDING, AMAZING!!!!!

^Can't wait for it.

I made Sheldon & Mr. Randoms back on Flipnote Hatena, now i'm a kangaroo mod that has a funko pop collection!

I'm not keen politics since that stuff is spooky, I'd rather watch SpongeBob over Fox News anyways!

Fortnite Creator Code: SheldonRandoms

Switch Friend Code: SW-2240-6609-5332 | 3DS Friend Code: 5429-9754-3617 | Nintendo Network ID: SheldonRandoms

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.