Forums

Topic: The Sonic Discussion Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 362

turtlelink

I was playing Generations a couple of days ago for the first time in a while and maaaaaaaaan I forgot how fun that game was.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

ThePirateCaptain

@TailsSonic
Welcome to NL!
I'm also doing a Sonic marathon right now so that's pretty cool. Sonic Advance 3 is actually one of the first Sonic games I played and it's still a blast, and the music is fantastic, so enjoy!

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Auracle

CapnPancakez wrote:

@TailsSonic
Welcome to NL!
I'm also doing a Sonic marathon right now so that's pretty cool. Sonic Advance 3 is actually one of the first Sonic games I played and it's still a blast, and the music is fantastic, so enjoy!

Well I'll be! Sonic Advance 3 was my first Sonic game too (except for maybe Sonic 2 at the YMCA, but I didn't care then). It still remains one of my favorites in the entire series.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

Auracle

EvisceratorX wrote:

What about Sonic Advance 2? I loved that game!

Can't say anything about that one. I've never found a copy for sale anywhere. I was only able to get Advance 3 because a friend gave it to me.

-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

TailsSonicDX

The_Other_M wrote:

CapnPancakez wrote:

@TailsSonic
Welcome to NL!

Well I'll be! Sonic Advance 3 was my first Sonic game too (except for maybe Sonic 2 at the YMCA, but I didn't care then). It still remains one of my favorites in the entire series.

Sonic Advance 3 is my favorite game, plus it was my first sonic game to. It took a long time to find all the chao, and even longer to get all 7 chaos emeralds.

Creepypasta? Is that pasta that's creepy? o.O
Sonic.exe? o_e
My 3ds friend code: 0748-2078-3006 my name is TailsSonic
>=3 EVIL KITTY!

3DS Friend Code: 0748-2078-3006

turtlelink

Personally, I thought Sonic Advance 2 was a bit better than 3. I found that game to be amazing.

TurtleLink's backloggery
Brawl FC: 4425-1340-4519
The Sister Complex Kingpin of Steel!

ThePirateCaptain

The first Sonic Advance is the closest to any of the classic games though, so I do give props to it for that.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

CanisWolfred

turtlelink wrote:

Personally, I thought Sonic Advance 2 was a bit better than 3. I found that game to be amazing.

I thought so at one point, too, especially one I got to play as Cream, but after a replay of the Sonic Advance games, I think I like Sonic Advance 3 the most. It had some really good levels and boss fights (except for that Snow Level boss! Gah!), and I loved the dual character mechanic. It was very creative for a 2D Sonic game. Also, I did like collecting the Chaos way back when.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

CanisWolfred

CapnPancakez wrote:

The first Sonic Advance is the closest to any of the classic games though, so I do give props to it for that.

I don't think so. At least, not in terms of level design (lots of cheap moments, grind rails, slight blandness like not as much care was put into them). Perhaps in other ways.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Auracle

CapnPancakez wrote:

Lucky. Maybe I should look somewhere besides GameStop. Also, since we're talking about the Advance games, what does everybody think about Sonic Battle?

Auracle

CapnPancakez wrote:

Sonic Advance 3 is the best because of this:

I rest my case.

Ah, good ol' Route 99. Say, isn't this the Generations remix?

Edited on by Auracle

Auracle

@turtlelink
Of those, my favorite is probably the middle one, Shadow's theme.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.