Forums

Topic: The Sonic Discussion Thread

Posts 121 to 140 of 362

Knuckles

Well I played and beat Sonic the Hedgehog 1 on the Genesis. Then played Sonic 2 on the Genesis as Knuckles. On Wind Fortress Zone, I go for the boss battle, only to turn into Super Knuckles. Problem? Well yeah, because when you are Super Knuckles you get drained Ring by ring, per second. Then you go into a cut scene, and are still being cheated rings as super knuckles. So I am stuck on Death Egg Zone, with NO RINGS AND 2 BOSSES! Good news for me, I can beat Metal Robot like Sonic [Not Metal Sonic from CD] in 18 Seconds from the start of the zone. Bad news, I can't beat the FINAL BOSS
[Sobs]

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

Sonicman

@Knuckles Sad day . And also, I'm going to start over using Sonic, Knuckles is too boreing for me, I like teh hedgehog oлo. Do you remember which stages you got the Emeralds in? I REALLY want Super Sonic (tried cheating just to see how awesome he was, EPICNESS!) Isn't that Silver Sonic? Maybe that's a different game... I know there's a Silver Knuckles disguised as one of those Echidna Tribe Echidnas in Sonic Advance, I'm sure you loved that o3o. Also, HAPPY B-DAY MY HEDGEHOGGY FRIEND oлo!

Edited on by Sonicman

Sonicman

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6552-4609 | Nintendo Network ID: sonicman1011

Knuckles

@Sonicman You have plenty of Stages to do that in. I got 3 on Emerald Hill Act 1 and forget after that. Sorry. But bewarned. Tails is like a dead weight there. You will lose an emerald because of tails getting hit and losing your rings.

Good Luck!

Also I can still play death egg zone. I played the Genesis games on my ds which was classic collection. There are save states in there. Only reason? I wasn't at home, where I could have played them on my genesis.
Can anyone give me some advice for Sonic 2 on the genesis, final boss fight? You will see my predicament, 2 posts up.

Guardian of the Master Emerald
KI:U Spotpass Weapons Thread
The Master Emeraloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3265-5181-8557

RPGShaymin

@Knuckles
The name of that boss before the boss before Death Egg Robot is called Silver Sonic.
I just started playing them again, but can't bring myself to play them all the way through. I can resume with the level select code in all but sonic 3, but there's a save system in Sonic 3 and knuckles anyways.
@Sonicman
Emerl is one of my more favorite characters, if only for being one of the more complex characters in the series, and showing pretty cool growth in Battle.
I never knew how to change his moves when I first got the game, around 7, so I ended up playing through the game with Emrl's default move set. D:
Also, did you unlock all the games on Mega Collection?
And There are some of the older Sonic comics in the gallery. Muuuch older ones.

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

GuardianKing

I feel like Silver doesn't get the attention he deserves. Sure, he's not the best character, but he still is a good character nonetheless. The way Sonic 06 approached his gameplay was good... Until you realize we're talking about Sonic 06 (it's pretty self-explanatory). That was his only real game, and now that the timeline's been messed up, we never get any real indication as to what happened to him. This "game" was the first and only time we didn't see him as a lame Sonic recolor. Just like with Shadow in SA2, SNG was Silver's first and last game as a REAL character. After that, he gained Sonic's speed and spin dash, making his psychic powers a little useless.

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Sonicman

@Knuckles I got Super Sonic! Got all the Emeralds in Emerald Hill oлo! Used a guide to do it, ofcourse o3o.
@RPGShaymin Sonic Battle is my favorite portable Sonic game!

Sonicman

Retro_on_theGo

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Retro_on_theGo wrote:

iPancakez wrote:

Every Sonic fan should know that City Escape is tied for the best Sonic song in existence with Live & Learn.

[/div]

[/div]

This man speaks e truth.

[/div]

I dunno, trying to decide your favorite Sonic music is the most difficult thing in the world. There's so much good music in the series and so consistently, even in lesser and lesser games.

Choosing a favorite lyrics song and a favorite stage theme makes it a bit easier. You're right it is still hard choices to make.

ThePirateCaptain

Now that this thread is out I feel like playing all the classic games again

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Sonicman

Finished Sonic 2! Now I'm on Sonic 3, any tips? Should I play & Knuckles or not? Who should I pick? I love using Tails, but he doesn't get a Hyper transformation and his Super is much harder to get than Sonic (I hate using Knuckles, too slow for me o3o.) Also, does it hurt if I use Sonic & Tails in this one?

Edited on by Sonicman

Sonicman

Whopper744

Sonicman wrote:

Finished Sonic 2! Now I'm on Sonic 3, any tips? Should I play & Knuckles or not? Who should I pick? I love using Tails, but he doesn't get a Hyper transformation and his Super is much harder to get than Sonic (I hate using Knuckles, too slow for me o3o.) Also, does it hurt if I use Sonic & Tails in this one?

I say you should personally. And if you want to see the full game, you should play as both in Sonic and Knuckles. Sonic's story is the most important I guess though (still a big fan of Knuckles myself). If you can attach it to 3, then I would play them both that way...can't do that through the Wii though.

Nintendo ID : Whopper744

Twitter: @Whopper744games

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753
(used to be Joshers744...

3DS Friend Code: 4639-9014-2585 | Nintendo Network ID: Whopper744

Sonicman

@Joshers744 I'm playing Sonic Mega Collection, so I get a choice of either one oлo. I'll probably do Sonic & Tails first, then. Didn't know you actually went through Knuckles' story in it, awesomeness!

Sonicman

Whopper744

Sonicman wrote:

@Joshers744 I'm playing Sonic Mega Collection, so I get a choice of either one oлo. I'll probably do Sonic & Tails first, then. Didn't know you actually went through Knuckles' story in it, awesomeness!

Now if you just play Sonic and Knuckles with it not attached to Sonic 3, Tails isn't it in (if you don't have the option to attach them yet, I believe you can unlock it in that game).

online games include: Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 7, Smash Bros Wii U and 3DS, Super Mario Maker and Splatoon.
Try out my Super Mario Maker stages at well! Here's one to start : F98B-0000-0022-0753

Sonicman

@Joshers744 Wait... I'm talking about playing Sonic 3, not Sonic & Knuckles, lol . I'm playing that AFTER Sonic 3. And no, you can't get Tails in Sonic & Knuckles in Sonic Mega Collection .

Sonicman

Whopper744

@Sonicman. oh! haha. Sorry about the confusion.
I was getting at playing Sonic 3 & Knuckles. This :

http://sonic.wikia.com/wiki/Sonic_the_Hedgehog_3_%26_Knuckles

RPGShaymin

Did I mention that I hated unlocking the games on Sonic Mega Collection?
@GuardianKing
Silver is my favorite character.
He has some of my favorite moments, my second favorite voice, and is tied with Blaze for favorite character design.

I am the forever lurker.
3DS Friend Code:0989-1732-5647
Wob Niar

Sonicman

@RPGShaymin I just unlocked S3&K, it was horrible trying to get 20 plays in S3 o3o. Scared to do Rinstar o_o.
@Knuckles How does it work exactly, I mean like, does each character have a different story? Does it matter if I use Sonic & Tails or not? Any tips for Blue Sphere? I'm probably not going to start for quite some time, as I want to make sure I have everything I need to know o3o, and I'm going to be playing other games soon.

Sonicman

Whopper744

@Sonicman
Playing with Sonic & Tails, or just Sonic, or just Tails, will give you the same story for the most part, but you will need to be playing as Sonic (with or without Tails) to get to the real final battle...

In Sonic 2, Tails following you seems to make the special stages more complicated. In these games, it does not seem to be that way.
Also, when playing as Tails, he can fly in this one, where in 2 he can not.

I know I'm going all over the place but also, when playing as Knuckles through the Sonic 3 levels, he will take some different paths then Sonic and Tails.

Edited on by Whopper744

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.